ATS CUE Problems - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS CUE Problems in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just a little bump for answers. Also, my car forgets settings. In CUE I set for short voice prompts, but ...
    Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Just a little bump for answers. Also, my car forgets settings. In CUE I set for short voice prompts, but after a few starts it reverts back to long prompts.

aselvan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS V6

Re: ATS CUE Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    Just a little bump for answers. Also, my car forgets settings. In CUE I set for short voice prompts, but after a few starts it reverts back to long prompts.
    I have same issue, it is so annoying that the short voice prompt reverts back to the 'looong' next time you turn on the Cue. Would be great if this setting save is retained.

Another Cue problem/feature: Is there any way to bring up the dial pad automatically after you accept the phone call? I use Google Voice and I need access to the dial/number pad after I pickup the call to accept it...The only way right now is to juggle through several dialog/screens to bring up the number pad!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

love google voice ... custom voicemail messages for different groups ... call screening ... listen to voicemail live ... etc etc etc

only gripe is no multimedia messaging (pictures) ... i get by though

as for solutions to these problems i don't really have any besides suggesting that you contact the CUE hotline (855)4CUE-NOW
    at least get your issue logged so that they know about the problem
    they might even have a solution for you
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    Another Cue problem/feature: Is there any way to bring up the dial pad automatically after you accept the phone call? I use Google Voice and I need access to the dial/number pad after I pickup the call to accept it...The only way right now is to juggle through several dialog/screens to bring up the number pad!
    Arghh. I didn't think of that. Were you able to approve a new caller before GV timed out the call?

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    love google voice ... custom voicemail messages for different groups ... call screening ... listen to voicemail live ... etc etc etc

only gripe is no multimedia messaging (pictures) ... i get by though

as for solutions to these problems i don't really have any besides suggesting that you contact the CUE hotline (855)4CUE-NOW
    at least get your issue logged so that they know about the problem
    they might even have a solution for you
    Yes, GV is awesome and I have been using it for many years back when it was Grand Central before Google bought it.

I called Cue about dialpad issue and they are not working on or even planning to have it fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Arghh. I didn't think of that. Were you able to approve a new caller before GV timed out the call?
    Mostly, the answer is No but I manage to accept very few calls. Many of the calls timeout because after you pickup the call, its pretty tough to get to the dialpad i.e. first click on the upward ">>>" icon to bring up the bottom menu, then click on dialpad icon, then click on 1... Cue is so sluggish (yes, I have the latest update) to switch two screens and by this time, call times out often. Basically, receiving call on Cue for me is practically impossible!. I just don't understand why on earth anyone would design a phone app and its controls hidden or difficult to get to when the phone app is in use! When I called them, the tech support person told me that they are looking into implementing voice prompt support for IVR systems instead of fixing the basic things like "show phone app controls" when "phone app is in use", how complicated is that? Looks like they got their priority backwards.

Another annoying thing w/ Cue for me is that when my phone (iPhone 4) connected to Cue, all event reminder sounds are muted like calender event, e-mail, text message etc are all in vibrate only! Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thanks

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by aselvan View Post
    Mostly, the answer is No but I manage to accept very few calls. Many of the calls timeout because after you pickup the call, its pretty tough to get to the dialpad i.e. first click on the upward ">>>" icon to bring up the bottom menu, then click on dialpad icon, then click on 1... Cue is so sluggish (yes, I have the latest update) to switch two screens and by this time, call times out often. Basically, receiving call on Cue for me is practically impossible!. I just don't understand why on earth anyone would design a phone app and its controls hidden or difficult to get to when the phone app is in use! When I called them, the tech support person told me that they are looking into implementing voice prompt support for IVR systems instead of fixing the basic things like "show phone app controls" when "phone app is in use", how complicated is that? Looks like they got their priority backwards.
    I haven't got the car yet so don't know 1st hand how much of a problem that is other than accepting GV calls. Maybe Cadillac wasn't even aware of GV user needs. Let's hope they now don't defensively rationalize that we are too few to matter.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by aselvan
    Another annoying thing w/ Cue for me is that when my phone (iPhone 4) connected to Cue, all event reminder sounds are muted like calender event, e-mail, text message etc are all in vibrate only! Does anyone know a workaround for this?

Thanks
    The only work around ive been able to figure out is to plug the phone into the USB port and stream music from it. When you are doing that, the phone sounds like txt, events, etc all play through the car. This works with either pandora or your stored music.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.