ATS CUE Problems - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS CUE Problems in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; [QUOTE=dwilli4483;3177602]Yes, I have the same problem with item #4. Was wondering if anyone with an IPhone 5 have figured out ...
    cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Re: ATS CUE Problems

[QUOTE=dwilli4483;3177602]Yes, I have the same problem with item #4. Was wondering if anyone with an IPhone 5 have figured out how to go straight to handsfree.

Dwilli:

I just got off the phone with Apple as I am still having the issue. No resolution yet.

However, the Apple Care rep (Seth) is raising the issue up to the engineers.

But we need everyone who is having the issue to call both Apple and CUE support so that both parties are working on a solution. If you (or anyone on this forum that is having the problem) has not already called in, please do so as soon as possible.

skpd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I find when I answer the call with the steering wheel button it goes straight to hands free but when I press the touch screen it goes to the phone (iPhone 5). I think it might be a CUE issue?

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by skpd
    I find when I answer the call with the steering wheel button it goes straight to hands free but when I press the touch screen it goes to the phone (iPhone 5). I think it might be a CUE issue?
    That sounds like how it should work. It's how it works in my BMW. That way I can choose how I want to take the call.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

As has been alluded to by several contributors to this thread, there is a specialized CUE team available to you by phone. Please contact them at 855-428-3669 (Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST).

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

jreihsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts
    We've only had our car for two days, and we've seen none of the problems listed on previous posts.

But we cannot send a destination from our iPhone 4S. When we try, the CUE just says "Downloading Destination ..." As long as we leave it there. This will be quite an annoyance.

Livid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium

I'm also having the problem of incoming calls going to my iPhone 5 instead of being hands-free, even when I accept the call from the steering wheel button. Is there a fix coming for this bug?

JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    I'm also having the problem of incoming calls going to my iPhone 5 instead of being hands-free, even when I accept the call from the steering wheel button. Is there a fix coming for this bug?
    Same here. Distracting.

mbflg8r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

The manual says that the iPhone must be connected to USB for the Pandora. Android can do it through bluetooth. I have the same problems with iPhone 5 when answering a call. It goes to my phone not the car speakers. There are several threads about this. They say it is an iPhone 5 problem that is happening on other makes of vehicles. However, I also have a 2007 Infinti G35 and my iPhone 5 works perfect with it.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by mbflg8r View Post
    The manual says that the iPhone must be connected to USB for the Pandora. Android can do it through bluetooth. I have the same problems with iPhone 5 when answering a call. It goes to my phone not the car speakers. There are several threads about this. They say it is an iPhone 5 problem that is happening on other makes of vehicles. However, I also have a 2007 Infinti G35 and my iPhone 5 works perfect with it.
    My wife and I both have Iphone 4 and 4s respectively. Have NONE of the problems stated on this thread. Our calls go straight to hands free. You guys definitely have a Iphone 5 glitch problems IMO. Now there is a setting on these Iphones about receiving your calls on either your phone or vehicle speakers; however in my ATS, the Iphone automatically selects the vehicle speakers; after bluetooth and the Iphone is initialized by CUE when I start the car.

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by mbflg8r
    I have the same problems with iPhone 5 when answering a call. It goes to my phone not the car speakers. There are several threads about this.
    One iOS feature to be aware of that sometimes trips people up: the iPhone will route audio by default to whichever device you use to place/answer a call. In other words, if you use the answer button on the iPhone screen to answer, the audio will be routed to the phone, even if its paired to one or more Bluetooth devices. You have to use the steering wheel or CUE buttons to answer to preserve call routing to the car. That said, several people report incorrect routing even when answering via the car's interfaces.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by jreihsen View Post
    We've only had our car for two days, and we've seen none of the problems listed on previous posts.

But we cannot send a destination from our iPhone 4S. When we try, the CUE just says "Downloading Destination ..." As long as we leave it there. This will be quite an annoyance.
    Try this. When you send the destination and cue says "downloading.." go back into onstar nav and send it again. I know this isn't the correct way but when ours hang up like that we just resend and it goes thru.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
    One iOS feature to be aware of that sometimes trips people up: the iPhone will route audio by default to whichever device you use to place/answer a call. In other words, if you use the answer button on the iPhone screen to answer, the audio will be routed to the phone, even if its paired to one or more Bluetooth devices. You have to use the steering wheel or CUE buttons to answer to preserve call routing to the car. That said, several people report incorrect routing even when answering via the car's interfaces.
    Agreed. This is actually a feature of the iphone that I hate because when it is connected and say you're listening to FM all your text message tones, mail tones, etc will not be audible. I wish there was a way to stay connected and still have all your tones stay audible.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    To fix audio through handsfree issues, update your iPhone to iOS 6.1. Many of the Bluetooth issues (including sound defaulting to the handset when answering calls via the steering wheel) have been corrected in the new software.

Pandora will work via BT, but only basic features like play and next song. Start Pandora on your phone, then press the "media" icon on the CUE screen until you get to BT. You'll see song info and be able to skip, but the full feature set (like, dislike, album art) is only available when connected to USB.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

mdfasoline is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Luxury

One of the problems I am having is when I'm playing music from my iPod that's plugged in via USB. I will be playing a specific album and when the car is turned off, then turned back on, the current song will finish and then CUE will automatically start playing songs on my iPod in random order, as opposed to starting with the next track on the current album I was listening to. All of the shuffle settings on my iPod and on the CUE are turned off, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. It only does this when the car is turned off then turned back on. Any one else experience this?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mdfasoline View Post
    One of the problems I am having is when I'm playing music from my iPod that's plugged in via USB. I will be playing a specific album and when the car is turned off, then turned back on, the current song will finish and then CUE will automatically start playing songs on my iPod in random order, as opposed to starting with the next track on the current album I was listening to. All of the shuffle settings on my iPod and on the CUE are turned off, so I'm not sure why it's doing this. It only does this when the car is turned off then turned back on. Any one else experience this?
    Hello mdfasoline

Thank you for your post and we apologize for the difficulty you’re experiencing with your entertainment system. I would like to investigate this issue further for you. If you would, please private message us your VIN #, vehicle mileage, address, full name and contact number I will look into this further.

Reggie B.
    Cadillac Customer Care.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Every phone call initiates at a volume of 28. Not bad for calls, but when I'm using Siri its pretty hard on the ears, especially the high pitched beep. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.