ATS CUE Problems - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS CUE Problems in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by AZCADATS In my case, with the iPhone 4 as my ipod connected via USB, the playlists do ...
    danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Re: ATS CUE Problems

Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS View Post
    In my case, with the iPhone 4 as my ipod connected via USB, the playlists do show automatically. However, it does often times take awhile until it shows up (sometimes as long as 10 minutes). When you hit the voice button and ask to play a playlist, does it say your device is not ready yet? If so, it seems to still be searching songs/playlists to load.
    I believe rustybear's problem is when using a USB stick and playlist files. The CUE manual says it will read .m3u playlist files off the thumb drives and they aren't showing up for him. I tried the same thing with an SD card and ran into the same issue. They just don't show up. Works fine off my iPod via USB though.

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

Thanks for the clarification danscrim. I'll have to try an SD card and see what I get.

Okay just went for a short drive and this time the SD Card actually found playlists and everything worked the way it should! I think this is why:

First off, when I first tried it I don't think it ever finished indexing the device. This time it showed the yellow spinner circle in the upper left for a while and once that went away, I went to the playlist section and they actually showed up and played. So i may have just not been patient enough the first time.

Secondly, and I think this is an important one: I modified my .m3u files. When you export them from iTunes they contain absolute file paths.... so and example like from my .m3u file looked like:

E:\My Music\Dave Matthews Band\Big Whiskey & The GrooGrux King\05 Why I Am.mp3

However when the car reads this file... that E:\My Music\ directory doesn't exist. So I did a quick find for " E:\My Music\ " and replaced it with " .\ ". Assuming that you place your .m3u files in the top level directory like I did, this might fix your problem. So the above line after the fix should look like:

.\Dave Matthews Band\Big Whiskey & The GrooGrux King\05 Why I Am.mp3

Lastly, My SD Card structure looked like this:

SD CARD
    - Playlist1.m3u
    - Playlist2.m3u
    - Artist 1(Directory)
    - Artist 2(Directory)
    - Dave Matthews Band (Directory)

Does that make sense? Regardless of your directory structure, just make sure the .m3u files are using relative paths and not absolute ones. Hopefully this fixes your problem rustybear.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    Okay just went for a short drive and this time the SD Card actually found playlists and everything worked the way it should! I think this is why:

First off, when I first tried it I don't think it ever finished indexing the device. This time it showed the yellow spinner circle in the upper left for a while and once that went away, I went to the playlist section and they actually showed up and played. So i may have just not been patient enough the first time.

Secondly, and I think this is an important one: I modified my .m3u files. When you export them from iTunes they contain absolute file paths.... so and example like from my .m3u file looked like:

E:\My Music\Dave Matthews Band\Big Whiskey & The GrooGrux King\05 Why I Am.mp3

However when the car reads this file... that E:\My Music\ directory doesn't exist. So I did a quick find for " E:\My Music\ " and replaced it with " .\ ". Assuming that you place your .m3u files in the top level directory like I did, this might fix your problem. So the above line after the fix should look like:

.\Dave Matthews Band\Big Whiskey & The GrooGrux King\05 Why I Am.mp3

Lastly, My SD Card structure looked like this:

SD CARD
    - Playlist1.m3u
    - Playlist2.m3u
    - Artist 1(Directory)
    - Artist 2(Directory)
    - Dave Matthews Band (Directory)

Does that make sense? Regardless of your directory structure, just make sure the .m3u files are using relative paths and not absolute ones. Hopefully this fixes your problem rustybear.

I'll try that. The only problem I see is that I have to manually change each and every song in my playlist(s)....this could be very time consuming....must be an easier way.....maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I'll try that. The only problem I see is that I have to manually change each and every song in my playlist(s)....this could be very time consuming....must be an easier way.....maybe not
    Well I did a find/replace all using a random text editor (Notepad++ to be specific). The only way this wouldn't work is if your music wasn't all in the same location on your computer. So when you export the .m3u file if each line doesn't start with a common location (like "E:\My Music\" for me)... then you'll have to do it manually.

Well I did a find/replace all using a random text editor (Notepad++ to be specific). The only way this wouldn't work is if your music wasn't all in the same location on your computer. So when you export the .m3u file if each line doesn't start with a common location (like "E:\My Music\" for me)... then you'll have to do it manually.
    Thank you...I'll try note++.....just a question:in your example would I enter "E:\MyMusic\" in the folder open keywords setting and then in folder close keyword setting enter ".\" ? Never used program before....

Thank you...I'll try note++.....just a question:in your example would I enter "E:\MyMusic\" in the folder open keywords setting and then in folder close keyword setting enter ".\" ? Never used program before....
    Doing this from memory cause I'm away from my computer but I think you just do CTRL-F to open the find window. Then there's a Replace tab I think? and you can enter the find/replace criteria there and do a replace all.

Doing this from memory cause I'm away from my computer but I think you just do CTRL-F to open the find window. Then there's a Replace tab I think? and you can enter the find/replace criteria there and do a replace all.
    Just found a wonderful app for MAC or PC called Doubletwist...syncs up any Mass Storage Device with ITunes and works beautifully with any playlists....should be added to Cadillac manual Thanks to danscrim for all his help

vwall is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L V6 Premium - Opulent Blue

My problem is that when I have my iPod connected through USB, no album art shows up on CUE. The album art displays on the iPod just fine but doesn't show up on the CUE screen. Anyone know how to fix that?

Seems to be a random thing as to which artwork it likes to show....have same problem with my thumbdrive which has all artwork on the songs....puzzling that some show up and others don't....maybe it's a matter of having max values (resolution; size) for artwork pic? Most likely software glitch....how bout others out there?

Seems to be a random thing as to which artwork it likes to show....have same problem with my thumbdrive which has all artwork on the songs....puzzling that some show up and others don't....maybe it's a matter of having max values (resolution; size) for artwork pic? Most likely software glitch....how bout others out there?
    Having the same issue. Appears to be hit or miss for me as well.

JChen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD Performance, 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

Not sure if it's CUE-related but I set the middle screen of the DIC to the compass and occasionally when I start the car, it will revert to the Radio info screen, other times, it will start in the compass screen. It's pretty intermittent but annoying the same time.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

I took my ATS into the dealership to review my CUE issues... The Service Manager discussed the problems with CUE engineering and they determined that it was a software compatibility issue between my iPod and the CUE. My iPod is from 2005 and the engineer said they did not design CUE to interface with such an older device... This sucks, but at least I know what my issue is...

Time to go out and buy a newer iPod touch...

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    I took my ATS into the dealership to review my CUE issues... The Service Manager discussed the problems with CUE engineering and they determined that it was a software compatibility issue between my iPod and the CUE. My iPod is from 2005 and the engineer said they did not design CUE to interface with such an older device... This sucks, but at least I know what my issue is...

Time to go out and buy a newer iPod touch...
    I doubt if you'll see any difference...I have my songs on a brand new USB and the artwork was just as random. Solution? I mark down the songs on which the art work that didn't work, went into I-tunes and substituted artwork out for pictures (jpegs) of Artist or song art on google images then reloaded on thumb drive through doubletwist. It's hit or miss and no rhyme or reason at this point, regardless of device used. Maybe a software update at a later date?

dwilli4483 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Yes, I have the same problem with item #4. Was wondering if anyone with an IPhone 5 have figured out how to go straight to handsfree.

Wanted to know if anyone had experienced these and if they could offer any advice. Some additional information about my set up, I have an iPhone 5 connected via Bluetooth and a 30 gig iPod video connected via USB.

Here are the issues in no particular order:

1.) Pandora app on CUE will not connect on iPhone via BT.

2.) When switching back to iPod after being on XM or FM, the speakers make a "popping" noise.

3.) After one track is finished playing on the iPod and it moves to the next, the second song "skips" for about a second.

4.) When answering incoming calls, they automatically go to the handset instead of handsfree.

Has anyone else had these issues? I can handle the lagginess of CUE and a couple of other issues, but these are some major gripes that are really going to kill my experience witht he car.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.