Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone considering the ATS 2.5?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mrrairai76 
#1 ·
Or maybe already drive off in one? Of course, most here seem to lust after the 2.0T and 3.6 (myself included), so is the 2.5 not even a consideration?

#2 ·
I'm seriously considering the 2.5L myself. it has the best mpg. It has as much power as my Catera and almost as much as my Saab 9-3 (although not as much torque as either). I would never consider the standard "base" level, though. The Luxury level gives me everything that I need at a good price. I go mostly for luxury and looks, not 0- 60 times. I am going to test drive a 2.5L and see if it will meet my needs.

#6 ·
I agree with investor. I too buy vehicles for luxury and not the 0-60 times. We ordered the 2.0 and that's because we wanted the premium trim and plus the last 2 vehicles prior to this one (Accord V6/Lexus ES) were both around the 270HP range so we wanted to stick with that but I could care less what it does in the quarter.

#5 ·
I never considered it because you can't get AWD with the 2.5. I will never own another car or truck without AWD while living in WNY. You can't get the premium trim level with the 2.5 either. Even if it was available in the trim level I want and AWD I'm not sure I would go with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.