10 used cars to avoid.
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 10 used cars to avoid. in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I read this article this morning and thankfully no Cadilacs made the list. There was one on there that Cadilac ...
    JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

10 used cars to avoid.

I read this article this morning and thankfully no Cadilacs made the list. There was one on there that Cadilac targeted when they built the ATS. I hope this doesn't mean that the ATS will make the list in the future. This is what they say about the BMW 3 series.

The BMW 3-Series commands respect. It is the gold standard for performance sedans. Too bad the 330i and 335i models, which are in the sweet spot of the 3-Series range, have proved so unreliable. Serious problem areas include the fuel system, major and minor engine components, body hardware and audio system. The 2012 BMW 3-Series is all-new.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Aggression is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 12' CTS Coupe

Re: 10 used cars to avoid.

Thats mostly due to he 335's N54 Engine, which actually won engine of the year not to far back. Their N52 which goes in the same model year 328's were and still are very reliable.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Thats mostly due to he 335's N54 Engine, which actually won engine of the year not to far back. Their N52 which goes in the same model year 328's were and still are very reliable.
    I had an 07 335 and the engine and fuel system were "impaired" lol, to say the least. I now drive an 09 335 and its awesome so far! Can't wait to get an ATS 3.6 premium tho.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I would avoid ALL used German cars. Over-engineered and just waiting to break.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I would avoid ALL used German cars. Over-engineered and just waiting to break.
    Even though my last two Audi's were outstanding cars and gave me little grief I don't think I would want to own either without a factory warranty. I would however be willing to own a GM product for many years after warranty. I had many Pontiacs and a few Chevy's that I ran into the ground and found them pretty reliable and easy to fix. I have a few friends who have had huge expensive problems with BMW's and VW's. I would buy another Audi in a heartbeat but only keep it until the warranty runs out.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Exactly. GM cars may not have the all the features and performance of their german rivals, but they don't have all the potential for expensive failure either. Especially the ohv engine in my Camaro.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.