Edmunds benchmarks the 2.0 T - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Edmunds benchmarks the 2.0 T in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Sevenfeet That's ok. Nobody buys manual shift cars anymore anyway. They are strictly for the diehards and ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfeet
    That's ok. Nobody buys manual shift cars anymore anyway. They are strictly for the diehards and auto magazine journalists. Even BMW is slowly phasing them out.
    So true !

Caddy809 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Edmunds benchmarks the 2.0 T

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Snow/Ice mode softens throttle response and shift pressure to help avoid the tires breaking loose on slippery surfaces. It also starts out from a standstill in a higher gear to prevent wheelspin, as well as very quickly shifting up to the higher gears once you're moving.
    Hi, is this feature available on the RWD 2.0/3.6 Premium FE3?

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Yes, I drove a 3.6 Premium, and it was definitely there. Didn't try it, though. It's in the same switch with the Tour/Sport mode. No Competitive Mode found, unfortunately, or at least the salesman couldn't find it.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    So true !
    Sadly.

Caddy809 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    Yes, I drove a 3.6 Premium, and it was definitely there. Didn't try it, though. It's in the same switch with the Tour/Sport mode. No Competitive Mode found, unfortunately, or at least the salesman couldn't find it.
    Great thanks. That's good news since I don't plan on getting AWD even though I live in New York. I'm hoping a good set of snow tires and a little extra lbs in the trunk will do the trick.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
    That's ok. Nobody buys manual shift cars anymore anyway. They are strictly for the diehards and auto magazine journalists. Even BMW is slowly phasing them out.
    I disagree as that would make me either a "diehard" or a "journalist" and I don't believe I'm either. Sure I'd love to say I'm diehard, but more I just want to feel connected to my car!.. I understand the convenience of an auto, and the need to have both hands free to tweet, eat a sandwich, and certainly always 10 & 2 on the wheel (how are you to do that with a manual?).
    Seriously though, and I apologize for the kidding around, but more or less I want to be in control of my car, and also my left leg just gets bored. =P I'm concerned minus certain high $ brands (they're phasing it out also though) that my next new car purchase (a while away) I won't even have the option.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bungee91

I disagree as that would make me either a "diehard" or a "journalist" and I don't believe I'm either. Sure I'd love to say I'm diehard, but more I just want to feel connected to my car!.. I understand the convenience of an auto, and the need to have both hands free to tweet, eat a sandwich, and certainly always 10 & 2 on the wheel (how are you to do that with a manual?).
    Seriously though, and I apologize for the kidding around, but more or less I want to be in control of my car, and also my left leg just gets bored. =P I'm concerned minus certain high $ brands (they're phasing it out also though) that my next new car purchase (a while away) I won't even have the option.
    I like your style...

A manual trans will take an otherwise boring car, and make it engaging to drive.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    It's gets old after a while. After driving for a few years with my first ever auto, the ZF in the 335, which I drive exclusively in Manual mode, I got a 135 loaner with MANUAL tranny. It was so exciting at first, sporty, connected, all that stuff. But after a few days (my car was in the shop for three weeks), the novelty wore off and I soon missed my quick shifting "auto".

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Never gets old for me. Never...

pragmatic is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wouldn't know if it could get old. Been driving 34 years and have yet to own an automatic, a fwd, awd or a 4X4. All my vehicles have been rwd with a clutch. When I was learning to drive in NYC in the 1970's both vehicles my parents owned were manuals and rwd so that's what I learned and tested on, so maybe I don't know any better.

I tried with three different cars to get used to an auto. I couldn't. I'll wait for manuals to go extinct before I try that again.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I agree. Can't stand automatics, and I include paddle-shifted dual clutches with that group. They never seem to shift when I want them to (I don't care what the reviewers say). Many others are happy with automatics, but they just don't do it for me. Fortunately, Cadillac has continued to offer a choice, though I really hope the production shifter in the ATS is better than the ones in the pre-production test cars that have been reviewed in the magazines. The Tremec in my CTS-V is quite satisfactory.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.