2.0T Making a Late Entrance
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By bungee91
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2.0T Making a Late Entrance in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Any thoughts as to why the 2.0T has not hit dealer lots to date? I've read here that the engine ...
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

2.0T Making a Late Entrance

Any thoughts as to why the 2.0T has not hit dealer lots to date? I've read here that the engine is on "constraint" at the factory, but it seems to me like there's some strategy involved: use the 2.5 and 3.6 examples to create interest in what will undoubtedly become the most popular engine choice. For those looking at the 2.5, there's the promise of the more powerful 2.0T for a only a couple grand more, therefore the dealer grants a test drive of the 3.6 claiming it will have similar performance, and who knows, maybe the 2.5 buyer ends up purchasing a 3.6. Or maybe I'm just over thinking it and the 2.0T engine is truly on constraint from the factory. Still, if I'm GM, wouldn't I want to have 2.0T's on hand at launch especially since GM's marketing and press have made the 2.0T their focus? Another thought: Did GM have a fight on their hands with the EPA over the fuel economy rating thereby causing a delay? Remember that the EPA figures only became public just last week, and some consider the 21/31 mpg disappointing relative to its competitors. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Re: 2.0T Making a Late Entrance

Thoughts:
    The 2.0T only started production 2 weeks ago (from what my dealer stated, and them being able to order that engine on an order).
    Everything I hear is that the 2.0T will be the mainstream engine, so I doubt it to be a conspiracy. I think the EPA ratings were delayed simply because the engine/car combo wasn't available as of yet for a "production" run.
    The 3.6 is a bit of a carry over, so I'd expect it to be ready at launch, and the 2.5 I have no comment on because it never interested me to research further on that engine choice.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: 2.0T Making a Late Entrance

The engine is just starting production. That's why the Malibu Turbo is just now being introduced. Chevy and Cadillac wanted this engine months ago, but GM smartly decided to get it right vs rushing into production.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.