Msrp ?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Msrp ? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I will be purchasing a new ATS in the next few weeks. Just wondering what others are paying, I know ...
    DJZ1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Msrp ?

I will be purchasing a new ATS in the next few weeks. Just wondering what others are paying, I know when the CTS-V first came out most dealers wouldn't budge from the sticker price. So just curious if some are paying sticker or below sticker and if so how much?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

idmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I've never paid more than a couple hundred over invoice for any car. MSRP is a ridiculous place to even start. I'd email a bunch of dealerships before ever stepping into one to negotiate. Tell them what you want, whether you'll be transferring plates etc and you want their best "out the door price" EVERYTHING included.

C.C all of them and let them know they are all competing for your business....best deal wins. At this point only negotiate price. Once you're happy then start talking trades and financing.

I always secure outside financing through my bank first because their rates are always great. Once price is established and SET we talk about financing. If they can match or beat it they get it and if not they can't use it as leverage in the deal (ex. Great deal on price but sucky financing deal).

When I do this I usually get multiple quotes within $50-$200. Also know what Caddy's dealer holdback is just incase he claims at invoice "he'll make no money".
    ben.gators and ben.gators like this.

Re: Msrp ?

Thanks for the advice idmd.

I understand the whole haggling game, but I was more curious about real numbers that people are currently paying for the car. It's a brand new model with low inventory so I wouldn't think that the dealers are anxious to get them off the lot with minimal profit margins, IE invoice pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZ1
    Thanks for the advice idmd.

I understand the whole haggling game, but I was more curious about real numbers that people are currently paying for the car. It's a brand new model with low inventory so I wouldn't think that the dealers are anxious to get them off the lot with minimal profit margins, IE invoice pricing.
    Well someone just posted a 2.5L had a $2500 market adjustment so who knows. I think that's insanity as Caddy needs to be focusing on gaining marketshare but.....that's penny-wise pound foolish in my opinion. Dealers are going to kill sales with that crap. Caddy doesn't have the best name in game....

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by idmd View Post
    Well someone just posted a 2.5L had a $2500 market adjustment so who knows. I think that's insanity as Caddy needs to be focusing on gaining marketshare but.....that's penny-wise pound foolish in my opinion. Dealers are going to kill sales with that crap. Caddy doesn't have the best name in game....
    My thoughts exactly.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    One of our dealers here, still has its original two ATSs STILL on the lot unsold.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

My local Cadillac dealership is asking $43,225 for a 2.5L luxury ATS, and as far as website says it doesn't have sunroof or navigation system... What a joke!

Regardless of their products I think Caddy dealerships need to admit they are the underdogs. I live in an area where Volvo, BMW, Audi and Mercedes really do own the $40k + market. I can days or weeks without seeing a Caddy on the road (excluding my partners' cars).

They need to sweeten the deal for potential new customers like me because just having the ATS or XTS on the lot isn't NEARLY enough.

SierraM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I might be able to help. I helped my parents get a reasonably good deal on their ATS 2.0L turbo 4 Luxury with Navigation + Diamond tri-coat paint + Sunroof + Cold package. I initially talked to a nearby dealer that offered it at MSRP with no discount. The 2nd one offered it at $800 over invoice. The last dealer we spoke to was an hour drive from our place. However, they offered it at a couple hundred over invoice. Since we have to wait (8 weeks?) for it to be built our salesman said he'll also factor in any rebates that come in once it arrives on the lot. All in all, worth the extra effort to get the sweet deal.

Guess this is my first post. For the record, my entire family has always bought foreign but I managed to convince them to take a look at the ATS. We initially looked at the Audi A4 but the ATS crushed it on the looks department.

Hope that helps.

Here's what a dealer in VA just quoted us. Seems to be roughly $1600 over invoice.

This is a 2.0T, sunroof, cold weather package, white diamond tricoat, and the other 18" wheels.

"Our Cadillac low Internet price would be $47,998 plus tax, title and processing fee of $299. MSRP $49,285. Good through 10/7/2012. (Factory Order Only) "

blacaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4 Wagon

A suggestion to keep local dealers honest about pricing would be to go to the dealer where SierraM bought theirs>>>have a great drive home with your new car and the satisfaction of a square deal....
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrairai76 View Post
    Here's what a dealer in VA just quoted us. Seems to be roughly $1600 over invoice.

"Our Cadillac low Internet price would be $47,998 plus tax, title and processing fee of $299. MSRP $49,285. Good through 10/7/2012. (Factory Order Only) "

SierraM what part of the country are you located?

So it sounds like there isn't a huge markup over Invoice. Maybe 8%? I've bought a few new ford trucks in the past and there was usually at least 10-12% of negotiating, still usually being a little over invoice plus marketing costs. Certainly not expecting to pay below invoice, but a fair deal for both me and the dealer is all I'm looking for. And the new Ipad will help take the sting out of the deal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZ1 View Post
    So it sounds like there isn't a huge markup over Invoice. Maybe 8%? I've bought a few new ford trucks in the past and there was usually at least 10-12% of negotiating, still usually being a little over invoice plus marketing costs. Certainly not expecting to pay below invoice, but a fair deal for both me and the dealer is all I'm looking for. And the new Ipad will help take the sting out of the deal as well.
    Agreed the ipad is definitely a nice addition. We'll make sure we get ours. We'll prob stop by a dealer by next weekend to go ahead and place our order. We're stoked. We really want to drive the 2.0 but there aren't any on the lot yet.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by idmd

Completely agree with you. These dealers are being shortsighted. I posted the following in the thread that spoke of a "Market Adjustment" dealers are putting on the cars.

I do agree with you that it is capitalism, but as others have said, it puts me off. I can fully support a dealer sticking to the MSRP for a hot car, but a "market adjustment" just admittedly pisses me off. I was getting our Mustang serviced earlier this year and they had a brand new Boss 302 Laguna Seca sitting in the the showroom with a $10,000 market adjustment!

As you said, wait a month or two until the excitement dies down and then find a dealer who isn't trying to gouge you, because what the people who pay the market adjustment don't understand is that that surcharge will never factor into the future value of the car (resale price). It disappears the moment you drive it off the lot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.