Msrp ? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Msrp ? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Fraggy That's the point, the ATS is NOT more expensive. It depends. If you order a base ...
    Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy

That's the point, the ATS is NOT more expensive.
    It depends. If you order a base 2.0T with manual, you get LSD standard (I think), then it is a great deal at under $35k. But if you want auto and LSD, it gets very expensive, at least $45k I believe, although it has navi and other goodies.

On the other hand, a base auto (or manual) 328i with dynamic handling package (m sport adjustable suspension and adaptive steering) is about $38k.

Then there is the lease deals. BMW has started to offer better deals now. How soon the ATS lease deals will catch up is unknown.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Msrp ?

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    What are you talking about my experiences? I have never opened a BMW car?

Also, 60k miles is hardly the benchmark of longevity, not that BMW sedans are any better. Talk to me when you put 160K miles needing nothing more than maintenance like I did in my Toyota Landcruiser.

As for the V, that car, especially the 2nd gen V that spanked the M5 is what started to give the CTS legitimate credibility
    I wasn't talking about your experience. And I wasn't talking about longevity. I was talking about the fact that the first gen CTS and CTS-V are criminally underrated. Because of the awkward exterior stance, and the loopy looking interior, it was never given a fair shake. It was passed over, just like the first generation G35 was.

And I am assuming your insertion of a 160k mile Blandcruiser into this discussion is your attempt at comic relief

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH

I wasn't talking about your experience. And I wasn't talking about longevity. I was talking about the fact that the first gen CTS and CTS-V are criminally underrated. Because of the awkward exterior stance, and the loopy looking interior, it was never given a fair shake. It was passed over, just like the first generation G35 was.

And I am assuming your insertion of a 160k mile Blandcruiser into this discussion is your attempt at comic relief
    I may have misinterpreted your point then. I thought you were making a statement about the CTS being reliable because you drove it for 60K miles. I'm not trying to compare the driving dynamics of a Landcruiser to a CTS, just speaking of reliability.

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    The issue is more about perception than reality. BMW and Mercedes have established themselves as premium performance luxury brands. Cadillac has yet to do so. The CTS was a start and the ATS is a huge leap forward.

Up until the CTS came along, the people buying Cadillacs were those buying their last car (read: really old). Even when the 1st gen CTS came along it was hampered with a cheap looking interior and suspect quality. The 2nd gen CTS began to change those perceptions but thus far Cadillac hasn't really earned the credibility to be mentioned in the same breath as BMW and Cadillac.

That doesn't mean that the ATS (or CTS) isn't a worthy alternative to the Germans, but it will take a while for people to believe it.

Reputations and heritage take a long time to be built and can be destroyed in an instant.

Cadillac never had the reputation of being a performance luxury brand. They were at one time the "World Standard" for luxury, hence the term, "It's the Cadillac of [whatever you're referring to]", but even with that they shot themselves in the foot with the garbage they produced in the '80s, '90s and to some extent the early 2000s. It will take time to overcome those perceptions.
    BINGO! You hit the nail on the head. Guess I did not make my point clear. But well said sir.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher

It depends. If you order a base 2.0T with manual, you get LSD standard (I think), then it is a great deal at under $35k. But if you want auto and LSD, it gets very expensive, at least $45k I believe, although it has navi and other goodies.

On the other hand, a base auto (or manual) 328i with dynamic handling package (m sport adjustable suspension and adaptive steering) is about $38k.

Then there is the lease deals. BMW has started to offer better deals now. How soon the ATS lease deals will catch up is unknown.
    There is no 3 series other than an M3 that you can get with LSD. So even if Caddy is charging 45,000, for a car with LSD, at least you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    There is no 3 series other than an M3 that you can get with LSD. So even if Caddy is charging 45,000, for a car with LSD, at least you can get it.
    Absolutely true. However, it would have been better if they allow a standalone LSD option, like other brands that offer such option. Is it confirmed that all manual gearbox ATSs come with LSD standard?

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Back to the original topic.

Just priced:

2.0T Premium
    White Diamond ($995)
    Caramel
    Cold Weather Package ($600)
    Sunroof ($1050)
    Advanced Security Package ($395)
    18" Wheel Upgrade ($850)
    Total MSRP with Destination: $49680

They are offering $46994 before taxes. From what we've seen that's roughly $250 over Invoice and $2686 under MSRP and the out the door price also falls under the $49680 MSRP. What yall think?
    ----------

Caddy809 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by mrrairai76 View Post

Just priced:

2.0T Premium
    White Diamond ($995)
    Caramel
    Sunroof ($1050)
    18" Wheel Upgrade ($850)

They are offering $46994 before taxes. From what we've seen that's roughly $250 over Invoice and $2686 under MSRP and the out the door price also falls under the $49680 MSRP. What yall think?
    ----------
    I'm sorry but for that price I think it should include the driver assist pkg. But dealers will probably won't agree at least until demand goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy809

I'm sorry but for that price I think it should include the driver assist pkg. But dealers will probably won't agree at least until demand goes down.
    This is probably the best the dealer was doing for an ordered car, until GM decides to offer incentives and/or trunk money.

mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy809 View Post
    I honestly don't think a dealer would have thrown in driver assist pkg ($3220) for that price. The price I got is still under MSRP and after seeing the invoice pricing, employing pricing, etc I think that was a good price. When I showed Colonial Cadillac in Norfolk that price the other day they basically laughed at me and told me that it wouldn't happen then they turned around and offered the same vehicle minus Adv Security Pkg for $48,500 plus 3.2% tax, $499 dealer fee, and their $2500 mark up which would come up to over $53K. I tell ya man Colonial Cadillac in Norfolk try to scam!! From a supply and demand stand point I think we got a good price on the 2.0T and I didn't want the driver assist package because we don't need all of that. All we wanted was to have the SZBA but that only comes in the package unlike on the Denali which was a standalone option.

Caddy809 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I honestly don't think a dealer would have thrown in driver assist pkg ($3220) for that price. The price I got is still under MSRP and after seeing the invoice pricing, employing pricing, etc I think that was a good price. When I showed Colonial Cadillac in Norfolk that price the other day they basically laughed at me and told me that it wouldn't happen then they turned around and offered the same vehicle minus Adv Security Pkg for $48,500 plus 3.2% tax, $499 dealer fee, and their $2500 mark up which would come up to over $53K. I tell ya man Colonial Cadillac in Norfolk try to scam!! From a supply and demand stand point I think we got a good price on the 2.0T and I didn't want the driver assist package because we don't need all of that. All we wanted was to have the SZBA but that only comes in the package unlike on the Denali which was a standalone option.
    I agree, the dealer wasn't going to add the package for that price. My point was the V4 is too expensive MSRP wise to begin with. I think a fully loaded premium w/ sunroof, cold weather, driver assist should top out at $47k MSRP and at most $49 with AWD if the AWD would of included the FE3 suspension. Then add $2-3k for the V6.

If Lexus keeps their current pricing on the upcoming next gen IS, Caddy is going to have to rebate the hell out of the ATS. MSRP on the IS fully loaded is around $48K for the V6. I know the current IS is old and doesn't have the "Drivers car appeal" but at least it has the Luxury and Reliability appeal and the next gen looks promising with the F sport package. I know most of you are going to say the new design is ugly but in person the GS F sport has a lot of presence and looks like it should compete against a M5, the engine is obviously too weak though.

If "budget" luxury buyers are going to go to Lexus, I have a feeling budget performance buyers will go to Infinity which has the same pricing as Lexus. MSRP is the first thing people see so even if they have future rebates people might not even bother to go take a look in person and deal with hungry sales people. I think Caddy should adjust their MSRP little by little in the coming years until they build a bigger customer base, and improve there few faults with the ATS. We'll find out who is right when the sales numbers come out.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

LSD is indeed standard on all ATSs with the 2.0 turbo and stick. It is also standard on the 2.0 and 3.6 Premium RWD, but not available in any other model, unfortunately. IMO, it should be standard, or at least an option, on the Performance collection with the automatic. IMO, the FE3 should also be standard on the Performance collection, or at least an option. And i would also love to see a 3.6 with a stick. Just wishing, of course.

SierraM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just priced:

2.0T Premium
    White Diamond ($995)
    Caramel
    Sunroof ($1050)
    18" Wheel Upgrade ($850)

----------
    Your getting close to Audi A6, BMW 5-series, and Jaguar XF territory there. But nice job getting close to invoice.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SierraM

Your getting close to Audi A6, BMW 5-series, and Jaguar XF territory there. But nice job getting close to invoice.
    If you like strippers...

SierraM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: Msrp ?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    If you like strippers...
    I'm sure you can get classier women than that with a Jag.

jaguar_xf_charity-728540.jpg

Just think of it as getting the Jag option for an extra $4000.

int_cv_jsctl01b_prcv-xf-rw-c_a-pack2_a-trhl-111_a-vn-004-976.jpg

jaguar+xf+black+2012+jaguar+front.jpg

jaguar+xf+black+2012+side+view.jpg

2012-Jaguar-XF-rear-three-quarterview.jpg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.