My test drive - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, My test drive in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Not sure where your Cadillac dealer is but here in NY-NJ -Ct all the Cadillac dealers have been redone to ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Not sure where your Cadillac dealer is but here in NY-NJ -Ct all the Cadillac dealers have been redone to a very high level look and feel. This change was done a few years ago and they are on par or close to the competition. I believe the dealers had to renovate in order to keep their Cadillac dealership.

Mercedes goes overboard with their dealerships and they are stunning. Keep in mind your paying fit it. $ 800 for your first "check up" ! Yes the hot blonde giving you cookies is mandatory as they screw you over for what really is a $50 oil change !

I had a BMW X5 that spent way to much time in the shop for the "problem of the month". I quickly relased that all the fancy dealership stuff and sexy blonde receptionist are meaningless when you have a real problem. It's all window dressing. When I switched to Cadillac I was presently surprised that the service was the real deal and no up selling like BMW. In my experience ad a car owner Cadillac is by far the best at the dealer and company level

For the poster asking about realiability my 2011 Escalade now has 25k and ZERO issues, none !! My '05 STS 179k and extremely dependable. People still ask if new ! Buy a Cadillac or GM product. They are great !!!

idmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSATS

Great deal! So a hot Brunette that remembers your name and three cups of cappuccino cost 8 grand in an Audi showroom. Thats not bad and if thats what you were shopping for then you must be one happy customer.
    The car stands on it's own merits. For $8K more that's a whole lot more car IMHO. At least to me they feel vastly different and that $8k was worth it...the brunette and cappuccino was just a bonus.
    mrrairai76 and mrrairai76 like this.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Re: My test drive

Quote Originally Posted by idmd View Post
    The car stands on it's own merits. For $8K more that's a whole lot more car IMHO. At least to me they feel vastly different and that $8k was worth it...the brunette and cappuccino was just a bonus.
    I am very familiar with Audi and how the car performs and what merits they stand on. I loved both of my last two Audi's. I priced a Prestige A4 compared to my Premium ATS and they were within 600 dollars in MSRP but the ATS has more bells and whistles the Audi doesn't offer. My wife and I test drove the ATS and it handled a rode better than our Audi. That was a shocker to both of us because we felt the Audi was that much better than the BMW 3 series. Our hopes were that the ATS would ride and handle close to our Audi but to be better in every way was a pleasant surprise. As much as we loved our Audis they are not perfect. There are some electrical gremlins that have never been fixed because Audi can't find the problem. Things like the radio staying on no matter what we did to try to make it go off. ABS and parking brake malfunction warning lights that come on every now and then. My water pump leaked and had to be replaced. I had a transaxle leak that took 2 trips to the dealer to fix. While these weren't what you would consider game stopper problems they were anoying to say the least. I would still buy another Audi in a heartbeat but I don't think I would be nearly excited about it like I am about my new ATS.

Avery323 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I had the same experience when I got my CTS-V coupe. Dusty, old, very dated looking dealership, old posters on the wall, old furniture and very old school dealership personnel. It was my first Cadillac and my first American car after 4 straight BMWs. My BMW dealership is brand new, always well stocked and everyone there looks young, well-dressed and sharp. Cadillac will get there -- they need volume to attract the attention of dealership owners, and volume to attract better salespeople. It's a virtuous cycle -- one I think will only improve once ATS takes off, new CTS, ELR and Escalade come.

Caddy809 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by idmd View Post
    Toy-like is a good way of putting it. Just hard to believe during the entire design process this never occurred to anyone at Caddy? If I think about all cars that I think look sporty/good the relative proportions around the wheel wells and the size of the tires really do set the look. It what does or doesn't give the car an "athletic stance".

BWM understands this point. Audi understands this points. Even Acura with my 2010 TL SH-AWD in spite of it's hot mess beak understands this point.

The more I look at it the less premium it looks specifically because of the wheels.
    To me it just needs a slight drop and maybe 19" rims. But you definitely lost me at Acura. The previous gen was beautifull, but this gen definitely doesn't have an athletic stance with all that wheel gap and different size fenders. You probably saw a custom version, which can looks pretty good, in my opinion. Funny thing is, even the awd german cars like mercedes have a low athelic stance, normally awd cars are a little higher.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.