CUE System and Color Choice - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, CUE System and Color Choice in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I would skip CUE. It's a distraction you don't need, and the novelty will wear off quickly. I would wager ...
  1. #16
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    I would skip CUE. It's a distraction you don't need, and the novelty will wear off quickly. I would wager heavily that CUE will be worthless for resale value in a few years, for those who are concerned with such things.

  2. #17
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    959

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    I disagree. The IPad and IPhone technology, will make the computer as we know it today obsolete. In fact, the lap top will be obsolete in a few years. CUE is a version of the IPad. This, is the technology of the future.Computer makers such as Dell, Gateway, and HP had better start retooling. CUE is the future.

  3. #18
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    You're are wrong on both counts, and here's why:

    $400 tablets are replacing $600 laptops. Tell anyone in computer-aided-design or graphics that tablets will replace desktops. They shall laugh at you. Tablets will own the home/casual computer market, certainly. But that's it.

    CUE/Mylink/SYNC/etc are in hot demand right now for one reason; they are a novelty. Eventually consumers will not want to pay $1500 for an in-car system that is less useful and more primitive than the $200 smartphone in their pockets. Assuming the government doesn't step in first and get rid of them after the first busload of kids gets killed because someone was playing with his highly advanced infotainment system instead of watching the road.

  4. #19
    gohawks63's Avatar
    gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    You're are wrong on both counts, and here's why:

    $400 tablets are replacing $600 laptops. Tell anyone in computer-aided-design or graphics that tablets will replace desktops. They shall laugh at you. Tablets will own the home/casual computer market, certainly. But that's it.

    CUE/Mylink/SYNC/etc are in hot demand right now for one reason; they are a novelty. Eventually consumers will not want to pay $1500 for an in-car system that is less useful and more primitive than the $200 smartphone in their pockets. Assuming the government doesn't step in first and get rid of them after the first busload of kids gets killed because someone was playing with his highly advanced infotainment system instead of watching the road.
    I agree with the first part of your post, but I disagree regarding the fact that CUE-like technology is a fad. Reminds me when my uncle told me back in the 80s that computers were fads.

    I am in the technology industry and follow the automotive industry closely as I work for an insurance company. The trend is for more and more cars to go to iDevice like technology in their cars. Apps like you see on your iPads and iPhones will be common place in cars. Cue already has Pandora, but you'll be able to load other apps. My wife's BMW X5 will allow you to load Facebook and Twitter apps. I'm not saying this won't present issues with respect to safety, but that's where it is going.

  5. #20
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    959

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I agree with the first part of your post, but I disagree regarding the fact that CUE-like technology is a fad. Reminds me when my uncle told me back in the 80s that computers were fads.

    I am in the technology industry and follow the automotive industry closely as I work for an insurance company. The trend is for more and more cars to go to iDevice like technology in their cars. Apps like you see on your iPads and iPhones will be common place in cars. Cue already has Pandora, but you'll be able to load other apps. My wife's BMW X5 will allow you to load Facebook and Twitter apps. I'm not saying this won't present issues with respect to safety, but that's where it is going.
    The desk top and laptop computer, will be a thing of the past in the next seven years. Remember you heard it here first.

  6. #21
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    Once again, ask someone who does CAD or any kind of graphics when they plan on replacing their desktop with a tablet. The only thing that MIGHT happen in that regard, is if they start offering tablets with docking stations that will give you access to a desktop GPU. If something like that was available, I might be interested.

    CUE, smartphones, etc; this is all going to come to a head at some point. It is becoming increasingly common to see accidents caused by the use of this stuff while driving. It's all too new for the government to get involved. But eventually they will. Look how long it took them mandate seat belts; then ABS; then stability control; now backup cameras. Smartphone use in the car IS going to come to their attention eventually.

  7. #22
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    959

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    When car companies master the driver awareness and assist packages, accidents will decrease drastically.

  8. #23
    idmd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    Once again, ask someone who does CAD or any kind of graphics when they plan on replacing their desktop with a tablet. The only thing that MIGHT happen in that regard, is if they start offering tablets with docking stations that will give you access to a desktop GPU. If something like that was available, I might be interested.

    CUE, smartphones, etc; this is all going to come to a head at some point. It is becoming increasingly common to see accidents caused by the use of this stuff while driving. It's all too new for the government to get involved. But eventually they will. Look how long it took them mandate seat belts; then ABS; then stability control; now backup cameras. Smartphone use in the car IS going to come to their attention eventually.
    CAD and graphics people will likely keep full-sized computers but this we be the relatively small "work station" class of computer. The other 98% will be tablets and smart phones.

  9. #24
    ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    959

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    Bye, bye laptops.

  10. #25
    mrrairai76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium WDT, 2011 Denali WDT
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    208

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    When car companies master the driver awareness and assist packages, accidents will decrease drastically.
    I think that when people master NOT using their phones while driving then accidents will decrease.
    JimmyH, JimmyH, EmDeeAr and 1 others like this.

  11. #26
    EmDeeAr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    31

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    Decided that I will skip the CUE mainly because I can't get navigation with it. In fact, the navigation icon would be there, but it won't be usable.

    While the interface and overall direction of CUE may be spot on (maaay be), without navigation, it just seem counter intuitive. It's neat, but I'm struggling to get into this car as it is!

    Thanks for all the input guys.

  12. #27
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    I for one hope they get rid of all this stuff. And figure out some way to stop people from using phones on the highway.

  13. #28
    EmDeeAr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    31

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I for one hope they get rid of all this stuff. And figure out some way to stop people from using phones on the highway.
    I don't see why they don't make knee-cap indents at the bottom of steering wheels so that people who use their phones and tablets in their cars can get a good grip on the wheel with their legs and steer safely.



































  14. #29
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: CUE System and Color Choice

    I could go for that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting