Ambient Lighting in ATS
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Ambient Lighting in ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone had a chance to go in the car at night to see how the ambient lighting is? Is ...
    off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

Ambient Lighting in ATS

Has anyone had a chance to go in the car at night to see how the ambient lighting is? Is it similar to the XTS? I tried searching around for photos and or information but all I get is CTS stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Ambient Lighting in ATS

I'd be interested in seeing that, too!

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

The ATS brochure states that all models have "Interior ambient accent lighting on the doors and center console." for whatever that means. Does the dash board not have it? Cadillac's website states "Lighting accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console." Still vague.

Thats the same information I saw too... very vauge indeed. I would assume that they would do the lighting like the CTS or XTS. I would like to see pictures. They better not pull a camaro with the interior lighting.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

What's the Camaro reference? Does the lighting in the Camaro suck? I've never been inside one...

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    What's the Camaro reference? Does the lighting in the Camaro suck? I've never been inside one...
    Originally, the camaro had very similar lighting to the CTS. It started in the doors, stretched across the dash, and ended in the other door. The early versions of the car had it. The final production version did not. It had the space for the lighting, they sell the lighting from GMPP, but the vehicle didn't come factory with the ambient light across the dash. It only had it on the doors. A lot of guys ended up buying the light strips, taking apart their dash, and installing it themselves.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I have a Camaro with the light strips in the doors. At night, i turn my interior light all the way down so those turn off. I find them VERY distracting. I am betting that is why they removed the strip from the dash.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Maybe they'll do it SRX style!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I have a Camaro with the light strips in the doors. At night, i turn my interior light all the way down so those turn off. I find them VERY distracting. I am betting that is why they removed the strip from the dash.
    I think that might have been the main reason. Even if you re-install it after factory, it still ties into the dimmer so at least you can tone it down too. People have been changing the colors too which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Maybe they'll do it SRX style!
    I hope thats what they do too. A dealer near me will get a bunch of ATS's next week. I'll try to get out there near night time and see what the real deal is.

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Perhaps the interior ambient accent lighting on the '13 ATS will be similar to (or same as?) what's provided on the '13 XTS.
    Check out this 36 second "2013 Cadillac XTS Lighting Sequence" video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cxyJFrUqms

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Perhaps the interior ambient accent lighting on the '13 ATS will be similar to (or same as?) what's provided on the '13 XTS.
    Check out this 36 second "2013 Cadillac XTS Lighting Sequence" video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cxyJFrUqms
    I had seen that before and I love that video.. I really hope its like that. Again, if no one has an answer by the end of this week.. I hope to have some pictures at night with an ATS to show.

I went to the dealer and sat in a base, but I couldn't tell if there were ambient lights or not. There supposed to be a loaded premium next week. I'll check that one out. I was also disappointed with the materials used on the upper door panels. From the photos it looked like soft leather. In person, its hard, plastic type material with stitching. I hope the materials change if you get a higher packaged model.

RAB
    RAB is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium AWD Sport Sedan w/FE5 - RadiantSilver|Ebony

Excerpt from GM Media/Product Info re ATS interior features:
    Contributing to the interior’s intuitive feel is an instrument panel that wraps into the doors and a center stack in the mid-instrument panel that flows into the center console. LED lighting for the bold gauge cluster enables clear, at-a-glance viewing in all lighting conditions, while ambient lighting accents functional elements of the console and doors.

Based on the mention of "while ambient lighting accents functional elements of the console and doors".. I'm guessing now there's only minimal ambient lighting on the ATS as compared to the CTS and XTS, which are equipped with ambient/accent fibre optic light pipes "strategically positioned throughout the interior", including along the mid-point of the instrument panel.
    According to the GM Online Order Guide there's no available option package to upgrade the interior lighting on the ATS. All ATS model levels (Standard, Luxury, Performance & Premium) come equipped with "TSQ Lighting Accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console".

Cadillac need to reserve some "step-up" elements for car models further up the chain (CTS and XTS), and I'm guessing this may be one of them - along with richer looking/feeling interior materials & appointments.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Ambient lighting in the ATS is minimal. There are pin lights shining inside the door handle cups and down onto the shifter/center console area. No long tubes across the doors or dash like the XTS and SRX.

Keep in mind that Cadillac was on a mission to cut every gram possible from this car to make it more tossable, balanced and fuel efficient. Light tubes don't add much, but every little bit added up to 700lbs less than a CTS.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Excerpt from GM Media/Product Info re ATS interior features:
    Contributing to the interior’s intuitive feel is an instrument panel that wraps into the doors and a center stack in the mid-instrument panel that flows into the center console. LED lighting for the bold gauge cluster enables clear, at-a-glance viewing in all lighting conditions, while ambient lighting accents functional elements of the console and doors.

Based on the mention of "while ambient lighting accents functional elements of the console and doors".. I'm guessing now there's only minimal ambient lighting on the ATS as compared to the CTS and XTS, which are equipped with ambient/accent fibre optic light pipes "strategically positioned throughout the interior", including along the mid-point of the instrument panel.
    According to the GM Online Order Guide there's no available option package to upgrade the interior lighting on the ATS. All ATS model levels (Standard, Luxury, Performance & Premium) come equipped with "TSQ Lighting Accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console".

Cadillac need to reserve some "step-up" elements for car models further up the chain (CTS and XTS), and I'm guessing this may be one of them - along with richer looking/feeling interior materials & appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Ambient lighting in the ATS is minimal. There are pin lights shining inside the door handle cups and down onto the shifter/center console area. No long tubes across the doors or dash like the XTS and SRX.

Keep in mind that Cadillac was on a mission to cut every gram possible from this car to make it more tossable, balanced and fuel efficient. Light tubes don't add much, but every little bit added up to 700lbs less than a CTS.
    Thanks guys. I guess that answers my question. I thought if you had cars like the Buick Lacrosse in the same price range with a wide range of ambient lighting, the ATS wouldn't differ.

Any idea on the door materials. Does it get upgraded when you go up in price point.. or is it just one piece no matter what car you're in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.