Ordered New ATS
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Ordered New ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Was at MidOhio ALMS race with Corvette Racing and took time to go over to infield and inspect the silver ...
    frankc5r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0 ATS Premium

Ordered New ATS

Was at MidOhio ALMS race with Corvette Racing and took time to go over to infield and inspect the
    silver 200L turbo ATS they had on display. It was an early prepoduction model and looked pretty
    good. Found out from Cad high levels there that the turbo expects to start production in Sept.

Came back home and ordered a crystal red metallic ATS premium. Shame you have to order the highest
    level trim to get F55, 3rd gen magnetic shocks.
    Two things are currently on constraint, the 2L motor ( avail Sept) and driver's assist package ( ? when)

frank

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: Ordered New ATS

Neat. May I ask the terms of your deal - lease or buy, any discounts or incentive interest rate?

Fixed terms since I got employee price. Got the feeling maybe $500 might be it on deals if not eligble for employee/supplier programs.
    Back when I got my STS, the difference between list and invoice was about 15%. Now it is down to 6%. MSRP was $50,605, invoice was
    $47,558 for the premium model with almost all options except moonroof. I can get 1.5% at my local c/u. Have not asked at dealer about
    their rates.
    Hope that helped a little.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Thanks for the info. The Crystal Red ATS is certainly a head-turner, I just can't decide if that color is "me". I usually wind up with a black or dark color.

Which interior did you get?

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

When did they tell you the car would arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by investor74 View Post
    Thanks for the info. The Crystal Red ATS is certainly a head-turner, I just can't decide if that color is "me". I usually wind up with a black or dark color.

Which interior did you get?
    Got the jet black interior, would have liked the carbon fibre trim but think it comes with a olive wood trim.
    Also would have liked a black interior with red accents but was not option.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    When did they tell you the car would arrive?
    I know from talking to high levels at race that the constraint on turbo is planned to be released in Sept but who knows when in month.
    Have not been able to get an answer so far on "driver assist" package on constraint release.
    Sorry, not much help.

pragmatic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Auto or Manual Transmission?

I have had 2 cars with GM ecotec 2L 1st generation turbo with sticks. They are fun to drive and if you autocrossed or raced, they would be the
    choice. But turbos LIKE automatics especially new ones that shift fast. The HHR SS 2L turbo had no lift shift but u had to train yourself to not take your foot off floor during a shift-habits are hard to break!! The auto will not lose boost during a quick shift and if you need quick acceleration, the auto can downshift a couple of gears without having to reach for shift knob. Plus getting lazy in my old age.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

frankc5r,

What's the latest on your order? I also have an ATS on order (with the Driver Assist Package) and am interested to see if yours has made any progress. My dealer keeps telling me that the package "doesn't appear to be on constraint".... we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    frankc5r,

What's the latest on your order? I also have an ATS on order (with the Driver Assist Package) and am interested to see if yours has made any progress. My dealer keeps telling me that the package "doesn't appear to be on constraint".... we'll see.
    Most salespeople are not very familar with the actual order process. I had to ask the Cad sales manager who was the person that orders
    the car to find out constraints. As of a couple days ago, the ONLY thing preventing my order from production was the driver assist being
    on constraint. You can ask your salesperson to do a dummy order. Just pick a trim and select drivers assist as option using their global connect
    software they use to order. The software will come back with any constraints. They won't to have to actually "order" to find out.
    frank

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

frankc5r,

Any changes in event codes on your order? My order is waiting on the driver assist package as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.