What happened to ventilated seats?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What happened to ventilated seats? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; When I first spotted the ATS at the local auto show, I asked about it having cooled/ventilated seats. The lady ...
    hej
    hej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS (in the future, maybe)

Unhappy What happened to ventilated seats?

When I first spotted the ATS at the local auto show, I asked about it having cooled/ventilated seats. The lady doing the demo said that it would indeed have them. I know this isn't my imagination, because I can find numerous pictures of the center stack with a button for ventilated seats. Here's an example. (linked because the forum software won't let me attach the file). The buttons are plainly visible in the bottom of the stack, with a fan-and-seat icon.

Now, however, ventilated seats are not mentioned in the brochure, the button is obviously not on the console in any reviews I see. The feature appears to have been removed. Are there any GM insiders here that know why the feature was removed, and if it might be coming back with the 2014 MY of the ATS? This feature is kind of a big deal to me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    That photo is the '13 SRX dash with CUE. To my knowledge, ventilated seats were never planned for the ATS due to weight and pricing considerations.

It was also never mentioned during our pre-training, so the auto show lady probably got it confused with the CTS.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

Re: What happened to ventilated seats?

This is a very big deal. Now, I'm thinking of going with the XTS. The ventilated front seats, are hard to give up, after having them on my CTS. I'm glad this was brought to the attention of the readers. Always something else to think about. It never ends.

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

That's why it's good to research these things in advance. It's a big purchase and you have to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. I'm glad Cadillac is releasing the specs. so far in advance as to allow us time to study the car.

In addition to the absent of ventilated front seats, we are also not getting the reconfigurable gauge cluster display. This is in comparison to the XTS. Now I have a headache.

While the fully reconfigurable digital dash in the XTS is pretty cool, the ATS still has a large digital screen in the bottom of the cluster. There are 3 fields you can customize to display tire info, fuel, battery, trip, Nav data, Bluetooth, Pandora and more.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Thanks Tony. That information has made my headache subside somewhat.

Here's a photo I took at the training session:

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

After some research, it seems the ATS does have heated front seats.

Heated seats and heated steering wheel are part of the "cold weather" package, but I'm not sure about ventalated seats. And, A/C seats are different from "ventalated" seats. A/C seats, such as in the DTS (to which we still morn the loss) used the cars A/C system to actively cool the seats. Actually, while the seats do get cold, somehow it's too spotty to work as it should.. And "ventalated" seats use a fan to circulate air through the perforated leather. I don't think the ATS has either but I could be wrong.

hej
    hej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS (in the future, maybe)

This thread is sad. Seems like nearly every feature that had me excited for the ATS's arrival is turning out not to be available. Which I don't really get, considering a loaded up ATS is well over $50k.

LS3 MN6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't think the ATS ever had Vent seats.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

No, and neither does the competition. Not available in the BMW 3 series or the Audi A4 either. The leather is perforated for passive ventilation, but not the vinyl.

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by ddawson View Post
    This is a very big deal. Now, I'm thinking of going with the XTS.
    Ha, I knew it!

Obviously, there ARE other potential ATS-buyers who are comparing/considering the XTS as well.

And I was told thought nobody considering an ATS would even look at the XTS in the first place..

I'm planning on purchasing an ATS, but only because my DTS is in excellent condition and I'm keeping it. Otherwise it would be an XTS for me. And a word to the wise NEVER use paste leather conditioner with perforated leather. It almost ruined the drivers seat in my DTS....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.