What happened to ventilated seats? - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What happened to ventilated seats? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Weight. Better than....
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Weight. Better than.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: What happened to ventilated seats?

Quote Originally Posted by LS3 MN6 View Post
    All of the Above?
    I can understand a little of what he means. I really have no use for all this new technology. I do nothing but drive when Im driving. I dont need the car to tell me theres someone in the next lane. I dont even listen to music or talk. Id prefer the powertrain was as new as possible while alot of the interior tech could be deleted. I just dont want a Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL View Post
    That would be great! Just because BMW doesn't have it on the 3-series doesn't mean Cadillac is not allowed to offer it on the ATS. The ultimate goal should be "better than" instead of "almost as good as" or "as good as".
    'As good as' makes the most sense. It can beat it in certain areas, but you also have to accept itll lose out to it in some areas. Otherwise, theyll have to charge more for the car, or make less money on the car, neither of which makes any sense.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    I just dont want a Camaro.
    easy now

I just dont want a Camaro.
    easy now

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

'As good as' makes the most sense. It can beat it in certain areas, but you also have to accept itll lose out to it in some areas. Otherwise, theyll have to charge more for the car, or make less money on the car, neither of which makes any sense.
    I was thinking about offering basically all the options (optional, of course) a fully loaded 3-series would have available - like sunshades for the rear-windows, heated rear-seats, 13-speaker-system and some other minor gimmicks (top-view camera, park assist, automatic high beams). Add ventilated seats, and you have the best in class out there. For an additional $3K, that could all be offered on the ATS. The car would still be a few thousand $$ cheaper than the fully loaded Bimmer BUT would be better equipped by offering features the BMW lacks.

Now, potential buyers would ask "why should I get the expensive BMW although the Caddy has more to offer" and not "why shouldn't I get the Bimmer instead?".

It's not that the ATS would desperately need these features - but it would help against the argument "why not get a BMW instead"..

HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

So interestingly enough, my wife got a ride in an ATS last weekend from a friend of a friend who was doing a technology review of it. She said the buttons for ventilated seats were definitely there. Unfortunately she couldn't tell me if the seats were perforated of it the button even did anything. I figured it would be an actual production model if a review was being done (I think she said he was testing the voice command systems) instead of a mule.

Cadillac must have seen this thread.

hej
    hej is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS (in the future, maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Cadillac must have seen this thread.
    If that's all it takes, we need a six page thread griping about the lack of reconfigurable cluster right away.

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by hej View Post
    If that's all it takes, we need a six page thread griping about the lack of reconfigurable cluster right away.
    I'm in!

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    The XTS also has buttons on the center stack for "back only" on the heated seats (they can be seen if you look at the control panel in just the right light), but the feature itself is not in the car and the icons don't illuminate.

Seems to me like the capacitive touch panel in CUE equipped cars is universal and shared between models, but the icons that light up and respond to touch are only the ones that correspond to the features that particular model is equipped with.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Buick Enclave is the same way. It has the buttons for back only, but they don't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    easy now
    That post was just for you. I really do like the Camaros...just dont tell Jimmy.

Believe me, the Camaro is not without its faults. Don't even get me started on the clutch.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.