Introduction
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By EmDeeAr
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Introduction in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey everyone, My name is Michael, and I am almost sure to be a brand new ATS owner. I currently ...
    EmDeeAr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Talking Introduction

Hey everyone,

My name is Michael, and I am almost sure to be a brand new ATS owner. I currently drive a 1997 E36 M3 sedan as my DD; it is my only car. I love the car, but it is just too old - it is becoming a hassle to maintain. Soon, some major work will need to be done to it (suspension items, new clutch, etc.), and so getting into a new car lease with a full warranty seems like the best move for me. I am about to enter my second year of college, so I need something worry-free that will allow me to enjoy my time and do well during these years.

This is where the ATS comes in. Not surprisingly, I am also considering the new BMW 328i. If I get the Cadillac, I will get the 2.0T standard trim with the 6-speed manual. I would love to get the performance package, but I think it is just out of my budget. Also, I'll probably get it in black (not sure on interior color yet). The car will be pretty much bare bones (no sunroof, heated seats, etc.), save for maybe the CUE system, the magnetic suspension (Can I get this on the 2.0T standard?), and the Brembo brakes. I'd like the BMW pretty much the same way. However, I'm attracted to the ATS because of the many more standard features it comes with. The ATS's standard LSD is really important to me as well.

I'm really excited for this car to hit the market. I know Cadillac is trying to change their image and appeal to a more enthusiast oriented and younger crowd. I totally support this, and I think the ATS is definitely a move in the right direction.

-Michael
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    You won't he disappointed ! I switched from BMW ownership 8 years ago and love the Cadillacs. The ATS is a car on so many levels better then anything from Germany. Go place your order and I assure you , you'll love it !!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Introduction

Go to Cadillac.com and build one up to get appropriate pricing...

rchern is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red CTS Coupe with Ebony Interior

I think the magnetic ride control and limited slip differential come on the premium models of rear wheel drive models. Go on Cadillac's website and you can build your own. Make sure you click on rear wheel drive or all wheel drive before you begin because the standard and optional equipment is different.

EmDeeAr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I'm not sure about the magnetic ride control, but the LSD is automatically added to the car if the 6-speed manual is also chosen.

Thanks for the replies!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Michael, only the Premium models have the FE3 suspension, which would list for between $44K and $47K depending on the few available options and paint. It is loaded at that price, but don't despair. So far, all of the reviews have praised the base suspension, which would be equivalent to an FE2 (labeled as sport). Most said they couldn't tell much difference between the suspensions, though the FE3 has more ultimate grip because of the tires. The Performance saves about $3K, and includes the sport seats and CUE, as well as the Brembos, but lacks the MR, standard Nav, and the staggered 18" wheels and tires. The luxury gets you the Brembos and the all leather interior, at about $40K plus options. All manuals get the LSD and electronic parking brake. A base turbo stick with no options still looks like a pretty nice car, for under $36K, for that matter. I have found that a 328i sells for about $4-5K more than than a similarly equipped ATS. It is easier to spec out a 328i for pure sport, but then it would cost the same as a Premium ATS. I do wish that one could add the full sport spec to any ATS turbo or V6, like you could with the CTS, so one could spend their money on their highest priorities, as their budgets permit. Maybe in the future, but in the meantime, the base suspension appears to be pretty good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.