Prices Added to ATS Configurator
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Prices Added to ATS Configurator in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but prices have been added to the ATS Configurator at cadillac.com. This ...
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Prices Added to ATS Configurator

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but prices have been added to the ATS Configurator at cadillac.com. This car seems outrageously expensive. I hope GM offers some good incentives.

Chuck

link added:

http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-s...your-own.html?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS Coupe Performance

Re: Prices Added to ATS Configurator

Expensive compared to what?

C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

I wouldn't say "outrageously" but it isn't cheap. Keep in mind that this is a top of the line competitors to the leaders in the segment (and arguably superior to most). If you want the good stuff, it going to cost you.

Thanks for the update on the pricing for 'Build your own'; (I guess that was the reason that Build your own was absent for the last couple of days).

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Perhaps "outrageously" was a bit too strong. Compared to an Infiniti G37x, the ATS seems expensive: G37x starts at $38,000 while the 3.6L Luxury AWD starts at $44,090. Then again, the G is a relative bargain.

At closer inspection, the ATS msrp across the trims is very much in line with the IS, C-Class and 3 series, and A4. Still, I guess I have a little bit of sticker shock considering that the ATS tops out at $55K while the CTS tops out at $58K.

Chuck

blackonblackNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Fully loaded this thing comes in at only 2K less than a similarly packaged 2012 CTS (50K vs 52K). The ATS should've topped out at 45K. All the reviews confirm that it's not as good a 3-series, good car but not there. The strategy was stupid. The car's interior is too small to be practical, and no turbo V6...why pay 50K for a loaded version? If the car is going to be a tad slower anyway...why not provide some extra rear leg room???

I bought my CTS not caring at all how it stacked up against the E/C class or 3/5 series. The reviews said at that time it was "the best American sedan ever made", that and precisely because it was in between the German rivals in terms of size is why I bought the car. I'm in my mid-thirties now, so I'm the target demo for the ATS...and Cadillac is forcing to BMW or to wait on the 2014 Infinit G, purely out of spite...and I've never owned a foreign car.

I don't want a compact car and I don't want my CTS to get bigger. Urggh!!!

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblackNYC View Post
    Fully loaded this thing comes in at only 2K less than a similarly packaged 2012 CTS (50K vs 52K). The ATS should've topped out at 45K. All the reviews confirm that it's not as good a 3-series, good car but not there. The strategy was stupid. The car's interior is too small to be practical, and no turbo V6...why pay 50K for a loaded version? If the car is going to be a tad slower anyway...why not provide some extra rear leg room???
    Fully loaded, it has a lot more equipment than a CTS and more high end chassis and braking components. Apples and oranges. Leg room is also greater than it's main competitor, the 3 series.

I bought my CTS not caring at all how it stacked up against the E/C class or 3/5 series. The reviews said at that time it was "the best American sedan ever made", that and precisely because it was in between the German rivals in terms of size is why I bought the car. I'm in my mid-thirties now, so I'm the target demo for the ATS...and Cadillac is forcing to BMW or to wait on the 2014 Infinit G, purely out of spite...and I've never owned a foreign car.

I don't want a compact car and I don't want my CTS to get bigger. Urggh!!!
    So wait for the larger, more impressive 2014 CTS. It'll be roomier and have all the new technology from the ATS.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C View Post
    Perhaps "outrageously" was a bit too strong. Compared to an Infiniti G37x, the ATS seems expensive: G37x starts at $38,000 while the 3.6L Luxury AWD starts at $44,090. Then again, the G is a relative bargain.

At closer inspection, the ATS msrp across the trims is very much in line with the IS, C-Class and 3 series, and A4. Still, I guess I have a little bit of sticker shock considering that the ATS tops out at $55K while the CTS tops out at $58K.

Chuck
    Right now, the configurator allows you to price the top ATS around $52k. You only get to 55k if you include the Driver Assist Package (code Y66) which retails for $3200 but is not yet reflected on the Cadillac Website. It is currently an interim availability option on the XTS and may be that way on ATS as well. There is nothing remotely comparable on the CTS, so the spread is more like 52K vs 58K.

The new CTS is going to be longer than my '09...I don't want a bigger car. As far as apples to oranges...not quite, upgrades with the time shouldn't cost more...and so I'll be paying 60K for a non-V CTS in 2014???? Also, the ATS doesn't have more rear legroom than the 3 series, at least not on paper.

Unless this car blows me away I'm still going to feel betrayed by this brand, because the market research folks talked to German car buyers to build this car, not to those of us who supported this company when it went bankrupt - that's what I resent. I want a bad ass Caddy, with some muscle, chrome and legroom...with a little value.

Brooks2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Using the configurator, I can get a price but where can I get the code numbers and item description of the options ??

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblackNYC View Post
    As far as apples to oranges...not quite, upgrades with the time shouldn't cost more...and so I'll be paying 60K for a non-V CTS in 2014????
    My point was that many brands have overlapping price points in their vehicles. It's not unheard of, because the two vehicles have different purposes and target audiences, and there's no law that says each model's price must end where the next one begins. I can build a 328i Sport Line with Tech package, Nav and Cold Weather package that has an MSRP higher than a 535i.

Chances are you will be paying closer to $60k for the 2014 CTS, as it's going to get more technology and equipment as it moves out of the "entry" position in Cadillac's lineup. By that time, Cadillac will have had the XTS and ATS on the road for over a year, hopefully beginning to turn the heads of import buyers accustomed to the price structure of the German makes.

A lot of longtime Cadillac people are going to freak out at a $60k CTS, but in reality the 2014 is going to be a CTS in name only- the ATS is now what the CTS used to be, while the CTS is becoming something else larger and more advanced.

Unless this car blows me away I'm still going to feel betrayed by this brand, because the market research folks talked to German car buyers to build this car, not to those of us who supported this company when it went bankrupt - that's what I resent. I want a bad ass Caddy, with some muscle, chrome and legroom...with a little value.
    ATS: Small and sporty, with room for 4 but tight in the back. 80% sport/20% Luxury
    CTS: Mid size and sporty, room for 4 including the back. 60% sport/40% Luxury
    XTS: Large and luxurious, room for 5 and a cavernous trunk. 30% sport/70% Luxury

Lots of choices there for everyone- just depends on your priorities.

A lot of longtime Cadillac people are going to freak out at a $60k CTS, but in reality the 2014 is going to be a CTS in name only- the ATS is now what the CTS used to be, while the CTS is becoming something else larger and more advanced
    You made my point right here...they're getting rid of the CTS, a car that was called "the best American sedan ever made" just a few years ago, and I believe it's going to backfire. That car appealed to a new demo beyond "longtime Cadillac people"...I was 31 when I bought my CTS.

So when the '14 comes out, get one without all the whiz bang options and it'll probably be close in price to the current CTS and nearly the same size. The current CTS is 192" long, while the XTS is 202". Educated guess tells me the new CTS won't grow more than an inch or two, all in the back seat.

At least wait to see what they do with the '14 before you freak out.

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

after configuring it was 55k i'm thinking 2012 srx is a better deal alot more options for the coin and the 2013 will be overpriced if they charge extra for safety options. i like all the bells and whistles then i think my 1st house did not cost this much where do you draw the line. i need a reality check
    i need a new car the car wins!

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hmm, at $55K, the ATS is more than the fully loaded 2013 Lincoln MKZ. I don't know exactly why...

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C

Chuck
    As an owner of a G35, these cars are the luxury bargain of the decade. Dollar for dollar, nothing competes with it.
    But I expect that a new ATS will have a more sophisticated ride than the Infiniti's.
    To those worried about price, compare apples to apples and ATS to 3 Series. Things don't look so bleak then.
    I used the Cadillac and BMW website tools and the 3.6 AWD was $48k and the 335 xDrive was $52k (iirc). Both were MSRP and there will probably be wiggle room with the 335.
    The ATS price doesn't seem out of line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.