Prices Added to ATS Configurator - Page 6
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Prices Added to ATS Configurator in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Ok, yes Cadillac is alone in pricing their 'entry-level' car at the same price as their 'big' car in the ...
    HansK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS4 Blue Chip

Re: Prices Added to ATS Configurator

Ok, yes Cadillac is alone in pricing their 'entry-level' car at the same price as their 'big' car in the luxury market for one reason. The XTS is cheap as hell compared to the competition. No one thinks the XTS is comparable to a 7 series or an A8. It's not the same kind of car, that fact alone negates your comparison. Yes, I can see why you think it's odd that the small and large car are so close in price, but that doesn't mean something is wrong. It's just different from the competition.

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    Ok, yes Cadillac is alone in pricing their 'entry-level' car at the same price as their 'big' car in the luxury market for one reason. The XTS is cheap as hell compared to the competition.
    So the XTS is cheap compared to the competition and the ATS costs as much as the competition. This is causing the price/value conflict within Cadillac I've been talking about since my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by HansK View Post
    No one thinks the XTS is comparable to a 7 series or an A8. It's not the same kind of car, that fact alone negates your comparison.
    "My comparison"? I never compared the XTS to a 7-series or an A8. I think this is the third time that I'm pointing out that I was talking about pricing WITHIN the brand and I only mentioned the A8 and 7-series because they have about the same size as the XTS. Besides that, what "kind of car" is the XTS if not a luxury sedan? I just like to know since you mentioned its competition. If you take out the 7-series, A8 and Mercedes S-Class and consider the Lincoln MKS as its main competition, you might have a better comparison - but looking at the MKS, the XTS isn't "cheap as hell" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL View Post
    So the XTS is cheap compared to the competition and the ATS costs as much as the competition. This is causing the price/value conflict within Cadillac I've been talking about since my first post.

"My comparison"? I never compared the XTS to a 7-series or an A8. I think this is the third time that I'm pointing out that I was talking about pricing WITHIN the brand and I only mentioned the A8 and 7-series because they have about the same size as the XTS. Besides that, what "kind of car" is the XTS if not a luxury sedan? I just like to know since you mentioned its competition. If you take out the 7-series, A8 and Mercedes S-Class and consider the Lincoln MKS as its main competition, you might have a better comparison - but looking at the MKS, the XTS isn't "cheap as hell" anymore.
    You're comparing it to those brands. Why is it so hard to come to terms with a larger car having a similar price to a smaller one? They're different vehicles. Cadillac doesn't have a ultra-high end vehicle to cause a huge price gap like you're looking for. It will be there eventually, just get over it. The XTS IS a luxury sedan but it's not on the same level as an A8L...
    No the XTS isn't cheap compared to the competition, it's cheap compared to the upper end of the brands that you're comparing the ATS to. You're making a problem out of the fact that Cadillac's line of cars doesn't fit the mold of others. You're getting what you pay for with both cars, they're just different...

blackonblackNYC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Just did the ATS fully loaded with all options comes out to 55K...that's too much. The car has to come in at 5K under the 3-series at the upper trims. Otherwise there's no point in getting it...big mistake. I'm not paying 55K for an entry level sports sedan. I want MRC, Nav, AWD, sunroof and 3.6V6 for just about 50K...if I'm going to pay 55K why not get a 335i with a twin turbo...really???

Can I expect to pay 65K for a non-V Cadillac CTS next year...puh-lease!!!

AtlantaGuy00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 DTS, 2013 ATS

Has anyone ever ordered a car? Should I wait to take one from dealer inventory or will I get the one I want faster by ordering it?

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy00 View Post
    Has anyone ever ordered a car? Should I wait to take one from dealer inventory or will I get the one I want faster by ordering it?
    I have ordered before, I think with something that is brand new it's a gamble. You might be able to get the exact car you want on the lot sooner than your order would arrive, but odds are against it. If you're talking about something like a VW (which we aren't) where you basically get 3 option packages then you have good odds but with cars like Cadillacs where there are more options/combinations it doesn't seem likely you'll walk on the lot and find it.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by blackonblackNYC
    Just did the ATS fully loaded with all options comes out to 55K...that's too much. The car has to come in at 5K under the 3-series at the upper trims. Otherwise there's no point in getting it...big mistake. I'm not paying 55K for an entry level sports sedan. I want MRC, Nav, AWD, sunroof and 3.6V6 for just about 50K...if I'm going to pay 55K why not get a 335i with a twin turbo...really???
    Yeah, and I want to date Jessica Biel, but it doesn't mean it's realistic.

Your OPINION may be that the car needs to be less expensive than the 335, but then again the 3 doesn't allow you to remotely lock, unlock or start the car with your smartphone, doesn't have CUE, Brembo brakes, MRC, unique styling and more.

There's always going to be people willing to pay a price premium for a badge, and more power to ya. While you're flying under the radar in your generic 3 series, I'm sure there's plenty of people willing to buy that ATS you passed up and enjoy all the extra equipment for the same price.
    stabie and stabie like this.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

In a year or so, I'd be quite happy with a 1-year-old base 2.0T for $22k

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Just did a "Build your own "on a BMW 335i xdrive. $56,720 !!

This is the league Cadillac is playing in gents. Having the ATS start in low $30s and go over $50 k is competitive with the main company that GM wants to knock off the Thorne. Long gone is a cheap Caddy.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Again, you're used to the cheap Cadillac. The ATS is a MAJOR PLAYER in this segment. If you don't want to pay to play, move on to struggling Lincoln. Cadillac has come out with its first no compromises car and people are bitching on price.

Just like all those guys with DTSs waiting for the Omega cars. If they think they're getting cheap dinosaurs, they're in for a rude awakening.

Get used to appropriately priced Cadillacs. Seems like you're not yet...

I'm a market research professional, I study consumers everyday in addition to being one of this brand. If all of the critics are saying the 3-series is over priced then what does that make an equally priced ATS???? Furthermore, the car is close but NOT as good performance wise...and lastly given that BMW and Mercedes get by with over priced vehicles because most of their sales are leases, while Cadillac aren't...how do you anticipate those market dynamics changing overnight???

You can insult me all day long...but it's clear that whatever you do marketing and sales isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DG2 View Post
    Just did a "Build your own "on a BMW 335i xdrive. $56,720 !!

This is the league Cadillac is playing in gents. Having the ATS start in low $30s and go over $50 k is competitive with the main company that GM wants to knock off the Thorne. Long gone is a cheap Caddy.
    My caddy isn't cheap, I bought the best American sedan ever made at that time. It's about charging a premium for a car when the consumer has no knowledge of the resale value, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Again, you're used to the cheap Cadillac. The ATS is a MAJOR PLAYER in this segment. If you don't want to pay to play, move on to struggling Lincoln. Cadillac has come out with its first no compromises car and people are bitching on price.

Just like all those guys with DTSs waiting for the Omega cars. If they think they're getting cheap dinosaurs, they're in for a rude awakening.

Get used to appropriately priced Cadillacs. Seems like you're not yet...
    Again, insults don't do anything for your point...you're one guy on a fan site. Unless GM/Cadillac comes up with attractive leases which is the way BMW and Mercedes "sell" most of their cars...the "equal pricing" won't work. The compact luxury segment IS the "cheap" segment genius, which is why they're leased most of the time...that's not the case for most GM sales, it's the exact opposite...especially when you remove taxi and limousine. Do the math on that and then get back to me...

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblackNYC View Post
    I'm a market research professional, I study consumers everyday in addition to being one of this brand. If all of the critics are saying the 3-series is over priced then what does that make an equally priced ATS???? Furthermore, the car is close but NOT as good performance wise...and lastly given that BMW and Mercedes get by with over priced vehicles because most of their sales are leases, while Cadillac aren't...how do you anticipate those market dynamics changing overnight???
    This is what concerned me as well. The ATS is almost as good as the 3-series, costs almost as much as the 3-series. So far, so good.

But will it obtain its value as good? Will I get the same customer service and last but not least, is Cadillac going to earn the same reputation any time soon?

Reputation might not have a value for the invidual buyer, but in the great picture, it has. Only time will tell - but what Cadillac did certainly is risky..

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblackNYC View Post
    Again, insults don't do anything for your point...you're one guy on a fan site.
    Yeah, I keep that in mind, too. And you can feel it as soon as you dare to post any form of criticism.

I'm active on many car-forums but those at the GM-boards (GMinsideline, too) tend to have a need to get at you personally. Very strange...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.