Prices Added to ATS Configurator - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Prices Added to ATS Configurator in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by investor74 Having trouble understanding the logic here. If ATS did not offer the Driver Assistance Package, for ...
    CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Prices Added to ATS Configurator

Quote Originally Posted by investor74 View Post
    Having trouble understanding the logic here. If ATS did not offer the Driver Assistance Package, for example, it would top out at $52K, not $55K, so that is better, right? The ATS should offer fewer options so that the fully loaded price is lower?
    No, it should top out at $50K WITH these options.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Because you're used to cost cutting. (...)

But, hey, you've owned a 2006 M5 so you "know" what a driver's car is. lol
    Do I hear a little frustration here since you're getting personal?

And the claim that the ATS is BETTER than the 3-series is quite optimistic. So far, the ATS is considered a car ALMOST as good as the 3-series at ALMOST the same price. So what?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Besides, a 3 series is not entry level. It has prestige as THE sports sedan. People don't cross shop it with the 5 and 7s.
    So according to that logic, they could charge the same for a 335i, a 550i and a 760i? After all, the 3-series is THE sports sedan, the 5-series the business-car and the 7-series the luxury-model. So no cross-shopping means it doesn't matter what price-relation they have to each other. This certainly is interesting. I wonder why neither BMW, Mercedes nor Audi have introduced a "one price fits it all"-strategy...

What Cadillac did is simply unique. If you disagree, please name a manufacturer that offers two non-performance sedans (and the ATS and XTS are just that) at the same price where the BIGGER one with MORE options/features costs as much as the significantly smaller one. Mercedes doesn't, BMW doesn't and Audi doesn't.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    The fact that you just called the ATS a "non-performance sedan" shows your lack of understanding of what this car is.

The ATS starts at $33k. The XTS starts at $47k. A loaded 2wd ATS is a touch over $50k. A loaded 2wd XTS is $60k. How you fail to grasp this is beyond me.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The ATS is a "non-performance" sedan? No, I'm not frustrated. I'm just amazed that someone who has internet access lives under a rock...

blkcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The 3 series will still out perform the ats at least the first generation. The ats will only get better and better with time and engineering! It's a beautiful car which gets expensive real fast if you want decent options! To say its nicer than a 2012 Mercedes C class I'm not sure about that! The c class at 35,000 comes with better standard options. They don't skimp the way gm does and always has! Cadillac should of kept the exterior the same across the board like Mercedes does! You shouldn't have to pay an extra 10,000 for the performance edition to get the lower LEDs and metal insert! That just does not make sense! Mercedes lower LEDs are standard. The Cadillac does not look as nice without them but not worth 10k in packages upgrades to get them! The c has many more years of engineering than the ats first generation! Don't believe me....go down to your local Mercedes and test drive one! You can tell they thought about everything and did not skimp on a single thing! They aren't afraid to go above and beyond what the consumer expects! The Cadillac is not built as good as a mercedes....it just isn't and never will be! I speak from experience and I own and love my Cadillac! The 2012 Mercedes C with the exterior refresh and the interior redesign is absolutely stunning!

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Cadillac is setting up the ATS,CTS and XTS in exactly the same structure as BMW Mercedes Benz and Audi. It makes sense and look at how well it worked for the German brands. Smart move

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'm not sure if this has also been mentioned, but GM is taking steps to develop a rear-wheel based 7 series/LS/S-Class fighter. See articles below:

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/7/2...Sedan-7709958/

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2012/06/...-cadillac-lts/

The XTS is a short term solution to the void left by the STS and DTS (or so some have claimed).

Chuck

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL View Post
    No, it should top out at $50K WITH these options.
    Thats accountant speak. The same type of words that got Cadillac in trouble in the 1st place. Designing a car to meet a price. Offer the options and charge accordingly. People keep saying that Cadillacs should be a little cheaper because people dont have faith that Cadillac can get the customers. Again, its very simple. Offer the product and people will buy it. Under charge and the brand will die. Neuter the product and people will continue to shop German.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by blkcaddy View Post
    The Cadillac is not built as good as a mercedes....it just isn't and never will be!
    Seriously, why are you still here?

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcaddy
    Cadillac is not built as good as a mercedes....it just isn't and never will be!
    That must be why Cadillac is 4th in the world for initial quality and Mercedes is...9th?

http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/299...xus-tops-chart
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    9th and sinking ...

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

To those picking on the MKZ; I have flogged an early Ford Fusion, and for a front-driver, it handles, very, very well. Aside from the styling, I don't understand why it is getting picked on. On public roads, the handling difference between an MKZ and a CTS will be negligible.

As for pricing, I think ALL cars are getting outrageously expensive. If the ATS is going to push over $50k, that's too much for me.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but prices have been added to the ATS Configurator at cadillac.com. This car seems outrageously expensive. I hope GM offers some good incentives.

Chuck

link added:

http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-s...your-own.html?
    Ditto on the ATS prices, but just wait until the 3rd Gen CTS comes out for some really outrageous prices. GM may be near bankruptcy again if the economy does not improve, which seems like a given regardless of who occupies the Casa Blanca on 20 January, but I do know who will not bail GM out next time.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

If someone happens to pick up a 2.0T standard with the tremec, and you decide you don't like it, please PM me. I will take it off your hands

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.