Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Prices Added to ATS Configurator

23K views 154 replies 27 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 · (Edited)
#84 ·
blackonblackNYC said:
Just did the ATS fully loaded with all options comes out to 55K...that's too much. The car has to come in at 5K under the 3-series at the upper trims. Otherwise there's no point in getting it...big mistake. I'm not paying 55K for an entry level sports sedan. I want MRC, Nav, AWD, sunroof and 3.6V6 for just about 50K...if I'm going to pay 55K why not get a 335i with a twin turbo...really???

Can I expect to pay 65K for a non-V Cadillac CTS next year...puh-lease!!!
Just did a "Build your own "on a BMW 335i xdrive. $56,720 !!

This is the league Cadillac is playing in gents. Having the ATS start in low $30s and go over $50 k is competitive with the main company that GM wants to knock off the Thorne. Long gone is a cheap Caddy.

#85 ·
blackonblackNYC said:
Just did the ATS fully loaded with all options comes out to 55K...that's too much. The car has to come in at 5K under the 3-series at the upper trims. Otherwise there's no point in getting it...big mistake. I'm not paying 55K for an entry level sports sedan. I want MRC, Nav, AWD, sunroof and 3.6V6 for just about 50K...if I'm going to pay 55K why not get a 335i with a twin turbo...really???

Can I expect to pay 65K for a non-V Cadillac CTS next year...puh-lease!!!
Again, you're used to the cheap Cadillac. The ATS is a MAJOR PLAYER in this segment. If you don't want to pay to play, move on to struggling Lincoln. Cadillac has come out with its first no compromises car and people are bitching on price.

Just like all those guys with DTSs waiting for the Omega cars. If they think they're getting cheap dinosaurs, they're in for a rude awakening.

Get used to appropriately priced Cadillacs. Seems like you're not yet...

#88 ·
Again, insults don't do anything for your point...you're one guy on a fan site. Unless GM/Cadillac comes up with attractive leases which is the way BMW and Mercedes "sell" most of their cars...the "equal pricing" won't work. The compact luxury segment IS the "cheap" segment genius, which is why they're leased most of the time...that's not the case for most GM sales, it's the exact opposite...especially when you remove taxi and limousine. Do the math on that and then get back to me...

#86 ·
I'm a market research professional, I study consumers everyday in addition to being one of this brand. If all of the critics are saying the 3-series is over priced then what does that make an equally priced ATS???? Furthermore, the car is close but NOT as good performance wise...and lastly given that BMW and Mercedes get by with over priced vehicles because most of their sales are leases, while Cadillac aren't...how do you anticipate those market dynamics changing overnight???

You can insult me all day long...but it's clear that whatever you do marketing and sales isn't one of them.

#89 ·
I'm a market research professional, I study consumers everyday in addition to being one of this brand. If all of the critics are saying the 3-series is over priced then what does that make an equally priced ATS???? Furthermore, the car is close but NOT as good performance wise...and lastly given that BMW and Mercedes get by with over priced vehicles because most of their sales are leases, while Cadillac aren't...how do you anticipate those market dynamics changing overnight???
This is what concerned me as well. The ATS is almost as good as the 3-series, costs almost as much as the 3-series. So far, so good.

But will it obtain its value as good? Will I get the same customer service and last but not least, is Cadillac going to earn the same reputation any time soon?

Reputation might not have a value for the invidual buyer, but in the great picture, it has. Only time will tell - but what Cadillac did certainly is risky..

#91 ·
You are going to find that on any forum. The majority of folks here are stalwart supporters of GM. You are going to find it to be more pronounced on GM, Ford, and Chrysler forums because there is going to be more of a tendency to be personally supportive of those makes. They are American. We are American. Supporters of BMW, Lexus, etc are not as personally invested because those are foreign entities.

The bottom line is that if you don't like the ATS, don't buy it. If someone here says something you don't like, ignore it.

#92 ·
You are going to find that on any forum. The majority of folks here are stalwart supporters of GM. You are going to find it to be more pronounced on GM, Ford, and Chrysler forums because there is going to be more of a tendency to be personally supportive of those makes. They are American. We are American. Supporters of BMW, Lexus, etc are not as personally invested because those are foreign entities.
You are absolutely right.

The bottom line is that if you don't like the ATS, don't buy it. If someone here says something you don't like, ignore it.
The funny thing is that I truly believe that the ATS is a phenomenal vehicle and that I even pointed out several times that I might be getting one in the future if the circumstances are right.

#94 ·
CaddyFanFL said:
Yeah, I keep that in mind, too. And you can feel it as soon as you dare to post any form of criticism.

I'm active on many car-forums but those at the GM-boards (GMinsideline, too) tend to have a need to get at you personally. Very strange...
I don't think it's anything personal. I think that GM fans have put up for years and years of negative unfair criticism of the brand by the press as they had orgasmic feelings that anything from Germany or Japan is automatically better then a GM product . This had many fans pretty fed up. Now, that GM is truly back to making cars better then the foreign brands it's time to stick your chest out a bit. By the way I include styling into that statement and there is no doubt that GM is leading the industry in that department

Now as for the BMW 3 and MB C comparisons lets all wait fur a side by side test not a " brochure" test.

#96 ·
I've bought many German cars in the past just because the American brands didn't have much to show for. Over the last couple of years, however, that changed. All "big three" are showing a tremendous improvement I never even dreamed of.

The mid-facelifted Jeep Grand Cherokee will be a blast - much better than the current MY - and improving that was already difficult. The new Lincoln MKZ will be the best equipped and technologically evolved vehicle ever by Ford/Lincoln. And then you have either the sporty ATS or the feature-loaded (and I'm confident it will be just that) CTS with CUE.

Just as blackonblack said, buying a car with a great value makes me happy as well.

I owned three BMWs in the past - two sedans and an SUV. They certainly were in a different performance-league than the cars I just mentioned but when you get older, you tend to have different priorities. And having the option to buy three very well equipped American vehicles instead puts a smile on my face. And "value" certainly plays a role, too. I only know that I won't be buying any more overpriced imports. The SUV will be replaced by a Grand Cherokee, the first sedan by a Lincoln MKZ and the second one by either an ATS or CTS. I'm confident that both cars will deliver plenty of joy when driving them and if so, it will indeed be coming down to value.

Fortunately, I'm planning on getting these cars in two years or so which gives me the opportunity to closely follow the "ATS/CTS"-battle and make my decision accordingly.

#95 ·
There is nothing wrong with criticizing the ATS. Or any Cadillac. That is what this forum is for. My point is that if you come here, to a Cadillac website, criticizing Cadillac cars, you have to expect you are going to get backlash from other members. If you choose to take that backlash as an insult, that's on you. It helps to have thick skin when you are on any discussion forum.

#98 ·
CaddyFanFL said:
I've bought many German cars in the past just because the American brands didn't have much to show for. Over the last couple of years, however, that changed. All "big three" are showing a tremendous improvement I never even dreamed of.

The mid-facelifted Jeep Grand Cherokee will be a blast - much better than the current MY - and improving that was already difficult. The new Lincoln MKZ will be the best equipped and technologically evolved vehicle ever by Ford/Lincoln. And then you have either the sporty ATS or the feature-loaded (and I'm confident it will be just that) CTS with CUE.

Just as blackonblack said, buying a car with a great value makes me happy as well.

I owned three BMWs in the past - two sedans and an SUV. They certainly were in a different performance-league than the cars I just mentioned but when you get older, you tend to have different priorities. And having the option to buy three very well equipped American vehicles instead puts a smile on my face. And "value" certainly plays a role, too. I only know that I won't be buying any more overpriced imports. The SUV will be replaced by a Grand Cherokee, the first sedan by a Lincoln MKZ and the second one by either an ATS or CTS. I'm confident that both cars will deliver plenty of joy when driving them and if so, it will indeed be coming down to value.

Fortunately, I'm planning on getting these cars in two years or so which gives me the opportunity to closely follow the "ATS/CTS"-battle and make my decision accordingly.
I drove BMWs for years . I owned the 5 Series and an X5. The 2004 CTS perked my interest and I went for a test drive and bought the car on the spot. I do not miss the bummers at all and realm enjoy the pluses the Caddy offers. I live in metro NYC so the real world comfort of the Cadillacs is far superior ti my previous BMWs. From a realibilitu stand point there is NO comparison. The Cadillac wins hands down. I drive over 25,000 miles per year and I had many issues with the BMW. My Cadillacs have really been bulletproof. My newest purchase is last year, 201- Escalade for my wife( family car). Just hit 20,000 at one year anniversary and I tell you , nothing , absolutely nothing has gone wrong with that car. Not a squeak ,rattle or gremlin of any car.

#99 ·
I should've mentioned that my 2005 STS has 176,000 miles on it and the worse problem I had was a broken motor mount last year. People still ask me if the car is brand new. that's why I stick up for Caddy. The make a world class priduct that will now be even better with new ATS

#101 ·
This car has not even made it to the public. No one knows what the car will do. Critiquing, market research, its all a crapshoot. I can tell you the best, and most reliable way into Boston from Concord. Doesn't mean I can't guarantee the Mass Pike won't be wide open.

#103 ·
Ats is overpriced. Gets expensive too fast....5000 each level up. The front end looks great with the lower led and metal insert but only problem is you have to pay 10k to get it. Typical gm move. Car will mainly be bought by enthusiast at those prices. Average American won't be able to afford it unless they buy watered down version. I see Cadillac giving huge incentives or special lease deals once the hype dies down and they figure out they can't sell the car. We are in one of the worst economies since the early 90's.

#104 ·
blkcaddy said:
Ats is overpriced. Gets expensive too fast....5000 each level up. The front end looks great with the lower led and metal insert but only problem is you have to pay 10k to get it. Typical gm move. Car will mainly be bought by enthusiast at those prices. Average American won't be able to afford it unless they buy watered down version. I see Cadillac giving huge incentives or special lease deals once the hype dies down and they figure out they can't sell the car. We are in one of the worst economies since the early 90's.
How wrong you are on all points. This car will be an enormous success for Cadillac. Not only did they build the car for the "enthusiast " but there new marketing blitz Cadillac vs the World" is brilliant. It is speaking to the younger generation and at the same time all of the car enthusiast who normally buy cars made in Germany

As for the economy. While still rough and recovering the people shopping for cars in this league are all professionals and skilled labor. They can afford no problem. Proof?
Just look at BMW sales numbers on the 3Series.

#106 ·
Cadillac went three years without a single incentive on the SRX Crossover and it's sold incredibly well, and that vehicle didn't have 1/10th of the buzz surrounding it that the ATS does.

People with the mentality that Cadillac can't sell a car without incentives are part of the problem and need to get caught up with modern times. Cadillac retail sales are up, residuals are up, quality ratings are up and incentives are down. If you're holding your breath for a big rebate on new ATSs or cheap one year old resales then you might turn blue waiting.

#117 ·
And today $2000 off and 0% and if you pay cash it is $4000 off sticker! Why such big incentives now? Could it be because Cadillac sales are way down which they are. And you can count on 1 year old ATS' taking a $10,000 hit easily. No disrespect intended but check the sales number for last quarter.

#108 ·
DG2 said:
How wrong you are on all points. This car will be an enormous success for Cadillac. Not only did they build the car for the "enthusiast " but there new marketing blitz Cadillac vs the World" is brilliant. It is speaking to the younger generation and at the same time all of the car enthusiast who normally buy cars made in Germany

As for the economy. While still rough and recovering the people shopping for cars in this league are all professionals and skilled labor. They can afford no problem. Proof?
Just look at BMW sales numbers on the 3Series.
BMW sells because people looking for a car in that segment buy that car! BMW will always sell! But remember that BMW's are mostly leased so their numbers will always be high! And I know for a fact if you buy a new 2012 3 series you can get a 6,000 dollar discount because the 2013 is arriving.

#109 ·
blkcaddy said:
BMW sells because people looking for a car in that segment buy that car! BMW will always sell! But remember that BMW's are mostly leased so their numbers will always be high! And I know for a fact if you buy a new 2012 3 series you can get a 6,000 dollar discount because the 2013 is arriving.
Go buy your 2012 and leave us alone then, oh market analrapist...

#110 ·
Well, I'm buying n ATS as soon as the one I want hits the showroom floor. I'm hoping to be at least $500-1000 off MSRP but we'll see. Just so long as I don't have to tell my friends I payed full sticker. Lol. But yes, I'm one of the guys willing to take the hit and be the first. Manly because the car will perfectly meet my needs and I don't want to wait a year or two for the off lease ones. This will be my 5th Cadillac but my first new one. And, new NEW model at that so I'm excited! O to all you guys fussing about depreciation and marketing..... I don't care. People will buy them. I'm proof. Yes, deals will come later but I'm not waiting. Now, what color?!

#119 ·
Caddy Chris said:
And today $2000 off and 0% and if you pay cash it is $4000 off sticker! Why such big incentives now? Could it be because Cadillac sales are way down which they are. And you can count on 1 year old ATS' taking a $10,000 hit easily. No disrespect intended but check the sales number for last quarter.
Simple- SRX is getting a facelift and CUE next year, so Cadillac wants to make sure they entice people to buy up the '12 inventory before the '13s arrive.

And "Such big incentives"? Toyota is offering $2,500 rebate on the Venza, a much less expensive crossover. If you consider a $2,000 rebate (for cash buyers only) on 3 year old, $40k+ vehicle that's about to be refreshed a "big incentive", you don't know Cadillac's history. It wasn't that long ago they offered $5-$7k rebates on DTS and STS. Times have changed.

#120 ·
Yes but the DTS and STS were on the way to being phased out. The SRX is just getting a refresh. BTW Sewell Cadillac in Dallas Texas still had brand new 2011 SRX's in May of this year, and Sewell is one of the top selling dealers in the U.S. The area is saturated with Cadillac's, which tends to drive the used price down. However the used price for an SRX is still pretty high even though Sewell has like 60 used SRX's. Wait till December and there will be a fire sale.

#121 ·
Caddy Chris said:
Yes but the DTS and STS were on the way to being phased out. The SRX is just getting a refresh. BTW Sewell Cadillac in Dallas Texas still had brand new 2011 SRX's in May of this year, and Sewell is one of the top selling dealers in the U.S. The area is saturated with Cadillac's, which tends to drive the used price down. However the used price for an SRX is still pretty high even though Sewell has like 60 used SRX's. Wait till December and there will be a fire sale.
Sounds to me like Sewell's inventory manager does a poor job analyzing trends. And SRX resale values are high because *gasp* they sell well and haven't had large incentives. Shocking, I know.

I'll bet you 200 e-peen points, right now, that the rebate on SRX doesn't go above $2,500 this calendar year. Whaddya say?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.