Prices Added to ATS Configurator - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Prices Added to ATS Configurator in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL Hmm, at $55K, the ATS is more than the fully loaded 2013 Lincoln MKZ. I don't ...
    C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Prices Added to ATS Configurator

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL View Post
    Hmm, at $55K, the ATS is more than the fully loaded 2013 Lincoln MKZ. I don't know exactly why...
    Because now your comparing apples to kumquats; Lincoln isn't 'there' yet.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Hmm, at $55K, the ATS is more than the fully loaded 2013 Lincoln MKZ. I don't know exactly why...

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

The MKZ is a tarted up FWD Ford Fusion. Nice car for a grocery getter with a comfy interior, but not even in the same league as cars like the ATS, 335i and E350.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Isnt the MKZ more of a competitor to the Lexus ES and the XTS?

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    So let's compare "Apples to Apples" then. For $55K, I can get a fully loaded CTS and a very well equipped XTS with all the options the ATS has - and even more. I don't see any reason why the ATS should be as expensive as the XTS.

IMO, the ATS is a bit too expensive compared to other Caddys. The 2014 CTS will be the sweet spot. Maybe $2-3K more than the ATS - but much better equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post

The MKZ is a tarted up FWD Ford Fusion.
    That's just BS - and you know it..

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyFanFL

That's just BS - and you know it..
    I can't tell if you're serious or not.

The MKZ has always been more than kissing cousins with the Fusion, sharing everything from the length, width, height, FWD powertrains, chassis, wheelbase, interior switchgear, track, and more.

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

The MKZ has always been more than kissing cousins with the Fusion, sharing everything from the length, width, height, FWD powertrains, chassis, wheelbase, interior switchgear, track, and more.
    Yes, HAS BEEN.

I'm, however, talking about MY 2013.

2013 brings a new MKZ and new Fusion. Coincidence? No. They'll still be on the same FWD platform, and the Lincoln will have a softer suspension and more toys on the inside. Not even close to an ATS competitor.
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

2013 brings a new MKZ and new Fusion. Coincidence? No. They'll still be on the same FWD platform, and the Lincoln will have a softer suspension and more toys on the inside. Not even close to an ATS competitor.
    Well, you claimed before that they would be sharing "everything". I don't see that - especially no V6 on the Fusion.

I still don't see a reason why an ATS should cost as much as a CTS or an XTS. It is a small car with limited features and options. Just bumping up the price-level to match that of a 3-series but ignoring the fact that you can get an XTS for the same amount of money is going to cause some problems. I certainly don't see a reason why a small sport-sedan should cost as much as a better equipped luxury-sedan (XTS).

BMW or Mercedes aren't selling their 3- or C-series at 5- or E-series prices, either..

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The ATS is a compact sport sedan which is aimed at the BMW 3 series. That's pretty obvious. They used the previous editions as their benchmarks, as the current F30 was not available until recently, and size-wise, it's very close to the previous 3 series in interior room, which didn't seem to hurt that car's sales at all.

I had a chance to sit in a 3.6 Premium at Atlantic Station this past weekend, including with the engine running. It was Black Diamond, with the Black leather/aluminum trim, and it had the cold weather package. MSRP on that car should be about $49k, including $1000 for the paint. While that seems like a lot, I priced against a BMW 335 Sport, similarly equipped, and that car would be about $55k. The M Sport might be more equivalent, due to it's adjustable suspension, but I didn't price that yet, and that would cost even more. Bear in mind that the premium is quite loaded; to be fair, though, we should add $1000 for the sunroof that is standard on the BMW, which makes it approximately $5k more expensive, comparably equipped. The equipment is not exactly comparable, but pretty close.

So far, all of the initial tests have shown the ATS to be at least as good overall as the BMW. There have been no direct comparison tests, though I am sure they will be happening quite soon. Driving impressions show great handling and brakes with a firm but smooth ride, and good acceleration. Steering feel has been praised, and may be better than the BMW, which has been criticized for being somewhat numb. Only a back to back test will reveal the truth, however. The brakes have been widely praised, and that is another BMW weakness, as they are prone to fade, even on the M cars. The BMWs are probably a bit quicker, due to the 8-speed transmission, which I have read is coming in the ATS, but not yet available. Perhaps the closest match will be between the 2 liter turbo sticks; the ATS is rated as more powerful, but many think the BMW is way under-rated. The BMW gets great mileage, thogh the stop/start feature has been widely criticized as rough and jerky, and many will turn it off because of that. The BMW 4 has also been criticized for it's uninspiring soundtrack, while the ATS reportedly sounds great. The 3.6 may not be quite as quick as the 335, due to the relative lack of low-end torque compared to the 335, but it should be lighter, and takes regular gas, compared to all of the BMWs.

Styling-wise, I prefer the BMW and the CTS, though the ATS is handsome enough that it would not deter me from a purchase. THe interior of the ATS is quite a bit nicer than the 3 series, and more comfortable, though just slightly less roomy. The BMW is now possibly the roomiest car in it's class, and definitely roomier than previous editions. When I sat in the F30, the car was notably roomier than before, but I didn't find any of the seats to be particularly comfortable. The interior styling was an improvement overall, but not great by any means, and build quality wasn't all that great, either (the 3 was never really meant as a luxury car). As to the ATS, after I adjusted the front seat properly, I entered the back seat, and was pleasantly surprised by the room! I really expected less. Now, I'm 5'9", so I'm sure with the seat all the way back it would be tight, but that's true for every car in the class. Moreover, there was adequate headroom( a bit better than the CTS), and good foot room under the seat. There was also more foot clearance in the rear door than the CTS. Comfort, both front and rear, was great, and quite surprising. The front Sport Seats were very comfortable, and the side bolsters could be felt, though I can't tell how well they would work on the track yet; I suspect not nearly as well as the Recaros in my CTS-V. The rears were also very comfortable, especially sitting behind my seating position, and these seats were much more supportive than the rear seats of the F30. The interior was very attractive and well built, though not quite as plush as the CTS. For instance, the CTS dash and door tops are padded as well as sewn, whereas the ATS is just hand sewn. The trim in the ATS is way better than the CTS, however.

The car does have a high price, but a less well equipped model would be substantially cheaper. The premium model has some equipment that more corresponds to the CTS-V, like the MagnaRide, Brembos and forged wheels, and then all the extra tech items such as CUE, front parking sensors, and the fancy safety equipment that's not yet available on the CTS. Comparable CTS models usually cost about the same as a 3 series, so a comparable ATS should really be about $5000 cheaper than a CTS, too.

I anxiously await the arrival of the ATS, especially the stick turbo. If it drives as well as or better than the BMW, I might even consider it to replace my CTS-V. I wouldn't mind a smaller car for the city with better gas mileage, as long as the handling, steering, and brakes are good, and if it's decently quick and fun to drive.

Just to be perfectly clear: I think the ATS is a great car and it was on my list as well - it might still be because I don't know as of today what the 2014 CTS is going to deliver. Even when I used the configurator and came up with the relatively high price, I also said to myself "well, at BMW, you wouldn't pay less, either - and the rebates/incentives on the ATS are probably higher, too."

Then - just for fun, I decided to build an XTS Premium AWD - and found out that it was just about the same price. I couldn't believe it. I mean, the XTS Premium is certainly well equipped...

So I decided to wait for the new CTS. that will probably deliver the best of both worlds.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblackNYC View Post
    Fully loaded this thing comes in at only 2K less than a similarly packaged 2012 CTS (50K vs 52K). The ATS should've topped out at 45K. All the reviews confirm that it's not as good a 3-series, good car but not there. The strategy was stupid. The car's interior is too small to be practical, and no turbo V6...why pay 50K for a loaded version? If the car is going to be a tad slower anyway...why not provide some extra rear leg room???

I bought my CTS not caring at all how it stacked up against the E/C class or 3/5 series. The reviews said at that time it was "the best American sedan ever made", that and precisely because it was in between the German rivals in terms of size is why I bought the car. I'm in my mid-thirties now, so I'm the target demo for the ATS...and Cadillac is forcing to BMW or to wait on the 2014 Infinit G, purely out of spite...and I've never owned a foreign car.

I don't want a compact car and I don't want my CTS to get bigger. Urggh!!!
    All the reviews? All the reviews I'm reading say they think it may be on par with the 3 series. Nothing is set until a comparison is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by blackonblackNYC View Post
    The new CTS is going to be longer than my '09...I don't want a bigger car. As far as apples to oranges...not quite, upgrades with the time shouldn't cost more...and so I'll be paying 60K for a non-V CTS in 2014???? Also, the ATS doesn't have more rear legroom than the 3 series, at least not on paper.

Unless this car blows me away I'm still going to feel betrayed by this brand, because the market research folks talked to German car buyers to build this car, not to those of us who supported this company when it went bankrupt - that's what I resent. I want a bad ass Caddy, with some muscle, chrome and legroom...with a little value.
    What are you smoking? From day 1, Cadillac couldn't release 2 great sedans. From early on, the CTS has continued to grow with the plan of a true entry level sized car.

I've owned an '04 and '09 V. Neither are cavernous. The ATS won't be drastically smaller while the new CTS should be lighter, and thus, more "bad ass" with better room.

Is a fully loaded Regal GS more than a 2013 MKZ? Because you pay less for a gussied up Fusion. Your post shows how uninformed you are on this car...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.