Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Driving the ATS Tomorrow- post questions/pic requests now

15K views 70 replies 22 participants last post by  08CTS 
#1 ·
Like it says, I'll be driving several models (hopefully all 3 engines) of the ATS tomorrow. If there's anything you'd like pictures of or any specific things you'd like me to look for, post them up now.

Just like at the XTS event, I'll be updating throughout the day with impressions and pics.

#5 ·
Could you let us know how the CUE interface is? Everything looks nice, but it appears a bit laggy in some of the videos.

Also, let us know how the gauges look in person. I'm pretty bummed out that they won't be offering the 12.3" reconfigurable cluster like they do on the XTS, so I'm interested how the standard gauges look.

Enjoy!

#11 ·
I've already played with CUE extensively in the XTS, and it's great.

Capabilities are outstanding, but there is some slight lag in areas, mainly when pinch zooming the map or dragging icons around on the home screen. It all works great, but lacks some of the elegance that Apple devices have in their smooth scrolling and zooming. FWIW, I feel the same way about Android products, so your mileage may vary there.

#12 ·
I would like to get your impressions about the 2.5 vs the 3.6, those would be the ones I would consider since I don't like turbo engines, I prefer non turbo cars and in this case will try and consider both 2.5 and 3.6.

I currently have a CTS 3.6 (FE1 non-di) and curious to see if the 2.5 feels "adequate" since it's fairly lightweight car. Looking for something stiffer, shorter, smaller and lighter than my CTS so I have high hopes with the ATS. Not looking for high speed, more looking for good cornering, braking, handling. But will still try both 2.5 and 3.6 to compare.

thanks and enjoy the ride !

#14 ·
First impressions on an autocross course are good. The car is really nimble, not a lot of weight transfer in the corners. Driving it back to back against a nose heavy Audi really emphasized the 50/50 weight balance in the 4cyl models.

A little bit of turbo lag on the turbo models from a standing start, but very strong once it gets going. For redlight burnouts, the 3.6 is your choice. 320+ hp and tons of torque combined with 3400 pounds makes for a fun launch.

#16 ·
Single exhaust doesn't look bad- strange at first, but unless it's parked next to a dual equipped car it looks fine.

I like the size of the tip, and it doesn't look like an afterthought.

#17 ·
Here's the gauge cluster- same as the luxury package XTS. Interesting thing that I never saw in photos is the clear "dome" over the cluster, which curves away from the driver. Hard to make out here (since it's clear), but this is the best shot I could get that revealed it.

#23 ·
investor74 said:
Ah yes, the red interior! If only it came with wood trim. Somehow the wife and I associate wood trim with "luxury" and some of the wood choices on the ATS are absolutely beautiful. Have to see the red in person.
The trim panels on the interior are easily removable, and about 6 months after release, Cadillac will be offering all of the accent trims through your parts department.

So if you want to change woods, replace the aluminum with CF (or CF with wood) then that will be available.

#26 ·
I loved the Morello Red/Ebony and the Cashmere/Cocoa. They all looked nice honestly, but those were my favorites.

Other good news- the rear fascia piece around the exhaust IS separate from the bumper. Cadillac will offer the dual exhaust and replacement insert as an accessory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.