Driving the ATS Tomorrow- post questions/pic requests now - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Driving the ATS Tomorrow- post questions/pic requests now in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by blkcaddy Tony what about the front fascia where the fog lights go. Only the performance and platinum ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcaddy
    Tony what about the front fascia where the fog lights go. Only the performance and platinum models will have the led extension light and chrome piece! Will they offer an accessory to change that out from the plain black plastic for the people who buy the standard and luxury editions?
    They currently do on the SRX, but no word yet on ATS. If they do, it will probably just be a chrome bezeled fog light, not the light pipe.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ladypro
    tony those interiors impressed me the most also which exterior colors impressed the most?
    Sapphire Blue and Crystal Red were my favorites. The light blue was nice (just not for me), and I found the silver kind of blah. Might have been because the silver car was a base model with no pizazz to the wheels.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

ryanwgregg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T

Re: Driving the ATS Tomorrow- post questions/pic requests now

Does anyone know the bolt pattern on the ATS? Want to start looking at wheels for it.

Trunk pics. Seems large enough to hold two sets of golf clubs or a decent amount of cargo.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Platinum/Jet black interior with Natural Sapele.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

blkcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Tony will they offer both 18 inch wheel types for the 2.5L? Or just the multi spoke 18" wheel?

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Cashmere/Cocoa interior with Natural Sapele.

Wow, is that classy!

Correction- that is the Light Titanium seat and Jet Black upper accent, as Cashmere/cocoa is not available on ATS.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quote Originally Posted by blkcaddy
    Tony will they offer both 18 inch wheel types for the 2.5L? Or just the multi spoke 18" wheel?
    The machine finished, split spoke is the only 18" wheel available on the 2.5L. The polished, straight spoke 18" wheel is only offered on 2.0T and 3.6L Performance and Premium Collections.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quote Originally Posted by investor74
    Looking forward to the review. Everything I hear is that the trunk is pretty small. Could you comment on that? I understand there is an under the floor compartment, will it hold a compact spare? Thanks.

Also, could you comment on how smooth the ride is.
    The event today focused on low weight and how it translates into performance, so I can't really comment on ride. We spent our time tossing them around an autocross course instead of driving on public roads, so all I can really say is that the level of engine noise while being flogged was comparable to the A4, 328i and C250 they had on hand.

I posted pics of the trunk above, and it seems plenty roomy for the class. A bit smaller than the competition, so there will be no spare tire offered.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quote Originally Posted by buttfish77
    Just take lots and lots of pictures -- especially of the 2.0T model with MT.
    What, like this one?

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

ddawson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS PREMIUM SEDAN 3.6 RWD

When will they be in showrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by lexterminator
    I would like to get your impressions about the 2.5 vs the 3.6, those would be the ones I would consider since I don't like turbo engines, I prefer non turbo cars and in this case will try and consider both 2.5 and 3.6.

I currently have a CTS 3.6 (FE1 non-di) and curious to see if the 2.5 feels "adequate" since it's fairly lightweight car. Looking for something stiffer, shorter, smaller and lighter than my CTS so I have high hopes with the ATS. Not looking for high speed, more looking for good cornering, braking, handling. But will still try both 2.5 and 3.6 to compare.

thanks and enjoy the ride !
    Build quality seems better than the CTS, in terms of the the "whump" when you close a door and the general lack of creaking inside these pre-production cars that are being abused HARD every day. The ATS is also the first Cadillac to use a structural adhesive to bond certain chassis components together, resulting in less body flex (and the associated creaks or groans), so I think you'll find it much stiffer than CTS.

In terms of the engines, it depends how you drive. The 2.5L is okay, and compares well to the acceleration in the A4 and C250. If you like spirited driving, passing on the freeway and pulling hard out of a corner however, that 3.6L is hard to beat. It's a proven engine, and having an additional 121 horsepower over the 2.5 (and only 150lbs more mass to move) makes for quite the difference. Estimated 0-60 in the 3.6L is only 5.4 seconds, which is within sneezing distance of my 2004 CTS-V.

I suppose it's all down to which you like better- the extra 3mpg or hanging with turbo 6 cyl BMWs from a stoplight.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

buttfish77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Thanks! And how did it feel to drive compared to the 3.6L? Lots of turbo lag?
    I'm thinking of getting a thunder-gray 2.0T with MT and red interior. Does that sound like a weird combination?

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

Quote Originally Posted by buttfish77 View Post
    Thanks! And how did it feel to drive compared to the 3.6L? Lots of turbo lag?
    I'm thinking of getting a thunder-gray 2.0T with MT and red interior. Does that sound like a weird combination?
    Hope not, because I'm leaning towards the same combination. Love the red interior (not sure about the carbon fiber...does it really have red accents or is it just picking up the red from the interior?). I really like the red exterior, but might get tired of it, and don't think it would work with the red interior.

Can't wait to read the magazine test drives. When does the embargo end!? It's killing me!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.