From Production to Delivery - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, From Production to Delivery in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Crusin Where are all these cars coming from that everyone is seeing? Are these test or limited ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: From Production to Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Crusin View Post
    Where are all these cars coming from that everyone is seeing? Are these test or limited production cars?
    Pre-production vehicles.

Where did you hear about regular production starting at the end of July?
    I was told by a GM employee who works at the GM Proving Ground who happened to be at LaFontaine Cadillac when they invited a portion of the public (not sure exactly how they came with their mailing list, maybe recent buyers or current owners) when they showed off an XTS and an ATS in their showroom that the first models equipped with the 2.5 motor would start showing up at dealers in early August. The rest is just extrapolated.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

GreaseMonkey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6L Black Ice/Ebony

Where did you hear about regular production starting at the end of July?
    I have inside knowledge.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
    I have inside knowledge.
    I read on another thread that you work at a dealer. Is that correct? Also, if you do, which dealer are you at?

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyBu View Post
    I read on another thread that you work at a dealer. Is that correct? Also, if you do, which dealer are you at?
    I work for GM at the tech center in Warren, MI.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
    I work for GM at the tech center in Warren, MI.
    That qualifies.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Crusin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Thanks for helping us out with some insider info GreaseMonkey. I wish Cadillac would be more specific about giving actual dates when things are going to happen but I'm sure they have their reasons. Afterall, they been doing this for awhile.

Thanks for helping us out with some insider info GreaseMonkey. I wish Cadillac would be more specific about giving actual dates when things are going to happen but I'm sure they have their reasons. Afterall, they been doing this for awhile.
    The main reason is that the dates aren't set in stone. Nothing is perfect, so things may change here and there depending on if there is an issue or whatever else. I see them change from time to time, so if hard dates were given to customers, people would raise their expectations and get upset when things get delayed a week.

ATS Production Training Video - writer for the Detroit Free Press shown training for production of the ATS. The clip mentions that "600 workers will be joining in the next few weeks as the ATS gets ready for production".

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/16...ATS-production

ATS Production Training Video - writer for the Detroit Free Press shown training for production of the ATS. The clip mentions that "600 workers will be joining in the next few weeks as the ATS gets ready for production".

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/16...ATS-production
    They certainly didn't do this kind of training back in the summers of '68 and '69 when I worked on the assembly line during college.

Cadillac has added a "Build Your Own" button for the ATS - http://www.cadillac.com/ats-compact-car.html

Let the games begin!

bmw2caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does Cadillac offer Multiple Security Deposits program like BMW does to reduce the money factor?

The College Driver (the New School of Car Review) website reports "Production of the four-cylinder engines that will power the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu and 2013 Cadillac ATS has started at General Motors' Tonawanda Engine plant."

http://www.thecollegedriver.com/post...a-Engine-Plant

Just for fun I thought I would try to get an update from Cadillac. Here is an excerpt from the reply ...

"ATS start of production is mid-late summer 2012. Brochures are not yet available. Keep in mind that inventory will normally take 8-10 weeks to reach dealerships once production is under way."

How revealing!

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusin
    Just for fun I thought I would try to get an update from Cadillac. Here is an excerpt from the reply ...

"ATS start of production is mid-late summer 2012. Brochures are not yet available. Keep in mind that inventory will normally take 8-10 weeks to reach dealerships once production is under way."

How revealing!
    I got a very similar reply. I asked when the AWD 2.0 will be available. They didn't know.
    Better info on this site than at the dealer.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

The bread-and-butter model (Standard 2.5 L) will be released first. From what I have been told the 2.0 Turbo will require premium gas. The 3.6 will be 321 HP in the ATS. The term "pocket rocket" is being used to describe the ATS with 0-60 at 5.3 seconds. I just hope it has more interior room than the BMW 3 Series. A loaded 3.6 Premium AWD will be close, or a little higher, to a comparable CTS 3.6 Premium AWD, but the ATS will have all the new safety features like adaptive cruise, etc. So, you're looking at close to $54K!!! Bummer. I was sad to hear the Bose 10-speaker system will be the top audio unit. I was hoping for the Studio Surround system with 14 speakers like in the XTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.