any way to retrofit XTS LCD cluster to ATS ? - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, any way to retrofit XTS LCD cluster to ATS ? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; The answer was quite simple: smaller size of the ATS cluster didn't make the configurable LCD screen viable like in ...
    nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

Re: any way to retrofit XTS LCD cluster to ATS ?

The answer was quite simple: smaller size of the ATS cluster didn't make the configurable LCD screen viable like in the XTS.
    i don't think it is true..i have a Non LCD cluster from XTS..if u remove the frame out..it is the same thing with the ATS..
    so i think the LCD will be same...in size...

the reason i think they won't do it in the ATS is because the new CTS will release...IF ATS have all the option the CTS has..who will buy CTS i not mean the V one....
    and it keep the old lady XTS sell too.....

i think they will do same as German..3 series have most of option people need..but if u needs more..u need go 5...and in something 5 series won't see..u will see it in 7 series...

in 2003..MB won't sell C-class with Keyless go option..the option only on W209 CLK which is the same architecture with W203 C-class...
    i know a lot of people who did retrofit the Keyless go to C-class because at that time..it is a COOL option..same as LCD cluster in CAR now..

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i do not sell anything...
    i just interesting in mod and electronic..
    So, if successful, are you going to post how to do it?

As I said, I'm not interested in this particular mod (other than intellectually) but since you won't use the knowledge commercially, it could be frustrating for those that want it if they knew it could be done but couldn't pay to have it done (or do it themselves). I really like it when customers find ways to get what they want despite the best efforts by marketing and the bean counters to prevent it.

Good luck to you. I predict success.

JoshuaDav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Turbo Premium Black Raven

Wow, I have to say my girlfriend's Dad has an XTS and the electronic cluster is the ONLY thing I would want in it, and maybe some of that interior illumination. If this became possible without destroying my warranty, or even if Cadillac offered it, I would throw my money at it without hesitation.
    danscrim and danscrim like this.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

So, if successful, are you going to post how to do it?
    Sure..i will post the info and how to do it it when i can find a used Cluster from an XTS which is Full LCD one..

right now it is very hard to find a used one..especially in Vietnam..and try it..i don't know how much is the new one?

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    Sure..i will post the info and how to do it it when i can find a used Cluster from an XTS which is Full LCD one..

right now it is very hard to find a used one..especially in Vietnam..and try it..i don't know how much is the new one?
    How hard are they to remove from an XTS? Does anyone rent XTSs there? Do rental agreements prohibit nondestructive acts such as temporarily removing trunk mats or clusters?

roadpie4u is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 M6 FE3

Electrically, there's no reason the cluster won't work as both just live on the J1939 CAN network for all their information.

There's an easy way to get this answer once and for all. Look up the cluster part number for the base XTS and the ATS. If the cluster is the same GM part number than it has the same pinouts, the same mounting dimensions, and the same capacity. In that case, the only reason you couldn't just swap the cluster out for the LCD one would be the software GM has on the ATS. I don't know the software (yet, as the app store isn't out) but this is an interesting idea.

I'll call a few folks I know - they'll get an answer on this. If it can be done, I'll see what it'd take to do it in terms of labor and cost.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    How hard are they to remove from an XTS? Does anyone rent XTSs there? Do rental agreements prohibit nondestructive acts such as temporarily removing trunk mats or clusters?
    I'm sure they wouldn't mind you temporarily swapping out engines as well....

Rob D. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance

Does anyone have any updates or new info on this type of modification? I share sentiments of some others here about this being something that should be a factory option. It was one of the items that almost prevented me from getting my '14 ATS.

I would definitely be interested in making this modification. I think the 12.3 reconfigurable cluster is a truly Cadillac luxury feature that should be available throughout their range, just as CUE is available throughout the range.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I got to be honest....I test drove an XTS with it and hated it. It's gimmicky, adds nothing to the experience and is harder to see than a nice brightly, lit ATS dash. I would never opt for it it, let alone pay extra for it. The ATS cluster has plenty of options, is brightly lit and extremely functional as is.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I got to be honest....I test drove an XTS with it and hated it. It's gimmicky, adds nothing to the experience and is harder to see than a nice brightly, lit ATS dash. I would never opt for it it, let alone pay extra for it. The ATS cluster has plenty of options, is brightly lit and extremely functional as is.
    You're right the ats one is functional and the XTs one is probably gimmicky. But Dam the ats gauge cluster looks ugly and dated. I'd say it's one of the ugliest clusters I've seen on a car Made within the last decade.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I've heard that the LCD cluster will be an option on the ATS Vsport

Groomie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadllac ATS Performance 2.0 T Black Raven

Hello

Don't know if this makes any sense. I had my instrument glass start to turn a smokey color and cadillac
    had to replace. I asked could they replace with xts LCD and their reply was it was not possible at this time as they both come as one unit and have to be recalibrated and basically the whole instrument panel glass etc. Is all one piece. Then it had to be hooked up to a computer for two days to get everything back to
    normal. All this just for a smokey instrument glass. I did ask what the warranty cost would be for. All
    that was done and $4900 is what I was told the worked cost with material and labor. I did watch a little of the work and the instrument panel is one piece. So I would say its possible to the ats and xts being able to change. Although the electronic transfer of info could be tricky and expensive. Just and opinion though. Good luck with all you do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.