any way to retrofit XTS LCD cluster to ATS ? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, any way to retrofit XTS LCD cluster to ATS ? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by TheCaptain Well, here's hoping Cadillac gets their head on straight and offers the LCD cluster on the ...
    CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: any way to retrofit XTS LCD cluster to ATS ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Well, here's hoping Cadillac gets their head on straight and offers the LCD cluster on the ATS. The car isn't complete without it imo.
    I certainly agree on that. They should at least make it optional on the Premium.

bmw2caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wonder if it'll be updated for year 2 or if they could still step it up and get the LCD cluster in the 1st year run. Would be awesome if they did. If not though I'd definitely be interested in retrofitting that cluster if it was possible.

LS3 MN6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Now that both cars are out there. Someone needs to try this.
    bmw2caddy and bmw2caddy like this.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i found out the Connector P16 Intrument panel and the XTS and ATS is the same...
    wiring is the same...
    i just wonder about mechanical fit..which i believe it is possible..because the Regular cluster from XTS same as ATS.

Attached Images

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Man i would loooooooove a 12.3" instrument cluster.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    Man i would loooooooove a 12.3" instrument cluster.
    I'm just the opposite..it's the one thing I disliked when I test drove the XTS. It's not all that bright in the daytime and I like the gauge lay out and the configuration of the ATS instrument cluster much better!! I'm a more traditional gauge type of guy anyways; and love the electronics built into the ATS instrument design. Cannot imagine anyone wanting to pay thousands to do it.....

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I'm just the opposite..it's the one thing I disliked when I test drove the XTS. It's not all that bright in the daytime and I like the gauge lay out and the configuration of the ATS instrument cluster much better!! I'm a more traditional gauge type of guy anyways; and love the electronics built into the ATS instrument design. Cannot imagine anyone wanting to pay thousands to do it.....
    Hmm that's interesting. I've never actually driven an XTS with one... Just going by all the videos I saw. So that makes me feel better!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I don't know if I would do this, but yeah, I am really into this kind of stuff. But be aware that GM might build in road blocks if they think a mod might hurt sales of some model or trim level. No big deal but I figured out how to get get uplevel ford steering wheel controls to work in base cars. I found explicit steps (fortunately easily defeated) that Ford took to prevent this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i just give an idea when i see the build your own XTS
    i just wonder anyone have same hobby as me

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i don't think it will be much more complicated in the ATS because it will be plug and play..
    when wiring is same mean it is the same...
    connector same mean it is same too. The wiring diagram of both 5.7 inc lcd cluster and 12.3inc lcd cluster same which lead me to the base program is MAY BE same..and the software of gauge change should be inside the cluster.
    i will try to find out when i program an XTS with 12.3 lcd cluster...and check the step...

i have did retrofit the 6l80E to Z06 corvette... it a lot quiet simple than i first thought..

the 12.3 inc have 2 or 3 cluster themes..i didn't remember correct how many one..but i love the red one in XTS..
    it like a RACE car....Performance for Enthusiast...

i think GM is really screw up..most owner of the XTS is OLD..or Grand Pa..
    and most of ATS's owner is young...how many old folk will play with the LCD cluster????? old folk like something simple..and easy...
    Hi-tech is for young people..who like to spend times and playing with toy...

Wideband is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang
    and most of ATS's owner is young...how many old folk will play with the LCD cluster????? old folk like something simple..and easy...
    Hi-tech is for young people..who like to spend times and playing with toy...]
    Hey youngster - remember it was your elders that developed most of the tech that you are using!

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wideband

Hey youngster - remember it was your elders that developed most of the tech that you are using!
    Well not necessarily true. A lot of the new techs are designed by young folks, even though their bosses may be older. I am no youngster, but I don't want to underestimate them.

There are older folks I know who are more into new techs than younger ones too. But CUE is clearly aimed at attracting more younger buyers.

blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang View Post
    i saw the XTS site Build your own...
    stardart version XTS has same cluster as the ATS.

so..i wonder are there anyway we can put the XTS LCD Cluster to the ATS....

i saw the GM service information site..they show up the Chevrolet but no section in there..
    i think Vette C7 or another Lac will come soon.
    I am sure that you may be able too, eventually. But why would you want to?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    How is it a retrofit when neither are available for sale yet?
    Wrecked XTS?
    rustybear3 and rustybear3 like this.

Wideband is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher

Well not necessarily true. A lot of the new techs are designed by young folks, even though their bosses may be older. I am no youngster, but I don't want to underestimate them.

There are older folks I know who are more into new techs than younger ones too. But CUE is clearly aimed at attracting more younger buyers.
    The base tech that I was referring to was - the computer, the Internet, cell phones, flat panel displays, satellites (GPS, satellite TV, satellite radio).

I agree that CUE is aimed at a younger driver but the base tech behind CUE was developed over 30 years ago and has been improved on by countless engineers since. I will give him that the younger ones have been on the leading edge of software development.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post

I am sure that you may be able too, eventually. But why would you want to?

----------

Wrecked XTS?
    Check the time stamp.

grasshopper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I once had a dinner with one of the electrical engineer who worked on the ats ip cluster. As with many, I expressed my disappointment with the cluster especially after seeing the XTS configurable version. In my mind as I expressed to him, it makes more sense to fit the configurable unit in ATS...the car meant more for younger buyers...than XTS. It would definitely fit the character of the car as being the techno de force that CUE tries to be. I even mentioned that it is my least favorite part of the car and may even deter me from buying an ATS until perhaps a redesign in the future.

The answer was quite simple: smaller size of the ATS cluster didn't make the configurable LCD screen viable like in the XTS.

I wish they have looked at the manual gage/LCD cluster of the new C7. Manual gages are on the side and much bigger ...and has much for meaningful configurable...LCD screen...versus that tiny LCD strip currently on ATS. And the whole gage/LCD is much more stylish in C7...vs that of ho hum ATS unit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.