Early Cadillac ATS news & rumors - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Early Cadillac ATS news & rumors in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I ...
    1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Twin Turbo 3.0 Likely Coming To Cadillac ATS

Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I would think at least 400 HP to compete with the M3....with all things being equal as far as power to weight. Although i seem to have read in this month's Motor Trend the 300 lb heavier, 100 HP less Porche 911 spanked the ZR1 in the 1320 So the you are correct in saying less power doesn't necessarily mean it cant be faster.

Hmm...So what next for the XTS? a V series with a small liter high revving 600+ twin turbo, AWD, with a state of the art 7 speed dual clutch Auto that just rocks the competition and sips gas at 15/18 MPG.

0AT E03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-N-V View Post
    Although I could not imagine Cadillac putting the same engine as the CTS V in the smaller ATS V. I would think at least 400 HP to compete with the M3....with all things being equal as far as power to weight. Although i seem to have read in this month's Motor Trend the 300 lb heavier, 100 HP less Porche 911 spanked the ZR1 in the 1320 So the you are correct in saying less power doesn't necessarily mean it cant be faster.

Hmm...So what next for the XTS? a V series with a small liter high revving 600+ twin turbo, AWD, with a state of the art 7 speed dual clutch Auto that just rocks the competition and sips gas at 15/18 MPG.
    GM has stated that cars will either get a V or a Platinum, but not both.

I'd expect the ATS & CTS to be the former, while the SRX, XTS and Escalade are the latter.

This was hinted at the fact the XTS concept was called XTS Platinum Concept.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

I hope the ATS V offers the new GM v8 and a dual clutch transmission...

Turbo four cylinder base motor would be cool too.

Mid range v6 and the coupe, sedan, convertible, wagon should offer an interesting volume leader..

MikeTerp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Cadillac needs to hit a homerun with the ATS. This cannot be some bloated, underpowered whale (see SRX). Love to see an all out effort to get weight out of this car. The German competitors are already using aluminum in suspension components and are doing a good job powering their cars for both performance and economy. If we are going to compete with the 3 series, we need to do so from the get go, not on the refresh three years later.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

You're right but history tells us we might be a little bit behind the curve here... I have a feeling we're not going to see anything to answer the 335i. The 328i, on the other hand, I have a good feeling about.. In any event, I think Cadillac is taking a step back from trying to be BMW (everyone has tried and failed) and leaning more toward a Lexus/Mercedes type of feel. I expect a very luxurious entry-level ATS that performs competitively.. This is only opinion - but I think we'll have a Lexus IS350 at the VERY best... Even that is pushing the performance envelope.. Though the ATS-V will surely be impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTerp View Post
    Cadillac needs to hit a homerun with the ATS. This cannot be some bloated, underpowered whale (see SRX). Love to see an all out effort to get weight out of this car. The German competitors are already using aluminum in suspension components and are doing a good job powering their cars for both performance and economy. If we are going to compete with the 3 series, we need to do so from the get go, not on the refresh three years later.
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.
    Download the Cars Connected app for your iPhone or Android device today!

2013 Cadillac ATS Specifications

We don't know for sure if this is authentic...
    Attached Images
    Have an iPhone or Android? Then you can be connected with everything automotive in your area.

Re: 2014 Cadillac ATS Specifications

It's not. GM doesn't know much of that until 3-4 months before the car is out. Especially the fuel economy. I think some dude on C&G made this for fun.

JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Would be cool if it included a dual clutch transmission. Otherwise this is an awesome possibility...if true or even close to true.

The gas mileage seems off

Low_ET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, Thunder Gray, Auto

This is NOT the ATS Spec Sheet. It is speculation from another Forum (cheerandgears.com).

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...s-engine-list/

The Cadillac ATS will be available as a convertible (canceled/delayed)

The Cadillac ATS will be sold as a coupe, a sedan and a convertible (coupe)...

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Agree.

I doubt we wil see the 3.6 in the ATS. More like the 2.0L Turbo and 2.4 (or new 2.5).
    I hope a diesel (2.0 and 2.9) and the for 2013 announced new V8.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: The Cadillac ATS will be available as a convertible

I was so hoping for a wagon. The CTS wagon is great and would be nice if continued for the ATS as well.

Re: The Cadillac ATS will be available as a convertible

Rumors are that the ATS will get a Wagon but only if the CTS wagon sells. Obviously the platform can handle the design, but I think the Wagon is not as important as the Coupe and Vert (look at the 3 series market, all the big players have a Sedan, Coupe, and Vert, some have Wagons and they are typically only carryover form Europe)

Of course I doubt GM will have both ATS and CTS coupes in the next cycle, so maybe the Wagon won't go to the ATS but rather stick with the CTS.

I'm thinking in GM's mind:
    Buyers of 2nd Gen CTS -> ATS
    Buyers of STS -> 3rd Gen CTS
    Buyers of DTS -> XTS

It's just that the CTS has gotten too long (to make shorter) and the STS has ZERO brand recognition outside of current STS owners. Also not calling the "larger" car the STS allows them to skip out on the V8 for a non-V model. I think the same logic applies to the DTS versus the XTS. DTS & STS customers expect a V8 for example, and the next gen CTS and XTS will likely not offer one (outside the CTS-V).

Supposedly there's some uber car in the works to slot above the XTS because Dan A. doesn't like the XTS (I think if he could he'd murder the program, but it's too far along and getting a RWD uber replacement is going to take some time). I'd expect the XTS to be a one generation type car, basically to finally bury the DTS. The uber car would probably appeal to China where large RWD cars are the toys of the rich (see the China only SLS which continues production over there even after the STS gets murdered here).

However rumor is Buick is getting a large RWD car, but I don't buy it unless it's a rebadge of a Zeta II Holden (ala the current China Park Avenue), but I don't think GM is likely to import two RWD cars from Aussie land (it's almost certain the "Chevrolet Lumina" from the Middle East will be imported here, probably under a different name) which to me limits the opportunity of Buick to have a large RWD car as well (especially if Cadillac is building one), unless the Buick is also based of the uber platform but that would degrade the "status" of such platform (at GM you never know they are all about volumes at present).

I guess that's enough rambling from me for now...

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Not crazy about a push-rod motor. Love my LS6, but would love to see a similarly bullet-proof, "high-feature" engine of smaller displacement pushing a smaller, lighter vehicle.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

323 horsepower V6 for the Cadillac ATS

GM’s new 3.6L direct injection LFX V-6 engine goes into production this summer. It delivers an SAE-certified 323 horsepower (241 kW) at 6,800 rpm an increase of 11 horsepower over the engine in the 2011 Camaro (which also gets this engine), with no compromise in fuel economy. Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll see more horsepower available for those who aren't so worried about gas mileage - but that's highly unlikely (a nice thought, though). Are tuners getting ready for the Cadillac ATS?

The LFX is 20.5 pounds lighter than its predecessor, which promotes a more balanced driving experience. EPA-estimated highway fuel economy for the 2012 Camaro with this engine is is 30 mpg (2LS model).

Compared to the 3.6L V-6 in 2011 Camaros, the new LFX engine features:
    New cylinder head design with integrated exhaust manifold
    Improved intake port design and larger intake valves within the cylinder heads
    Longer-duration intake camshafts
    Composite intake manifold
    New fuel pump and isolated fuel rail
    New, optimized-flow fuel injectors
    Structural front cover and cylinder block enhancements
    Stronger and lighter-weight connecting rods
    Camshaft cap and throttle body design enhancements.

In my opinion, this is going to be the engine that competes with the twin scroll turbo V6 in the BMW 335i - which has about 300 horsepower. If this car isn't too heavy and is geared properly, we can have a very nice 3-Series competitor here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.