Hello from Colorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Cadillac Allante Lounge Discussion, Hello from Colorado in Cadillac Allante Forum; Just got around to sitting down at my computer to do additional research on the Allante, for there are two ...
    Mountain Pilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Eldorado - Looking for an Allante

Hello from Colorado

Just got around to sitting down at my computer to do additional research on the Allante, for there are two that interest me in the Colorado area.

Being new to the forum it is best that I introduce myself.

Screen name is "Mountain Pilot" for I do live in the mountains and I have been a pilot for 47 years... But really I am Richard Cutter living in a little farm town of Monte Vista in the far southern/central part of Colorado and at 7,600 ft. We are in a large valley surrounded by 13 to 14,000 ft mountains.
    I do have many cars but this being a Cadillac Forum I will stick with that. A 1985 Eldorado that was my Fathers sits in the driveway and getting a complete make over, also the search is on for an Allante.

I have two choices right now, both have only seen in photos for they are 230 miles away, a nice 110Kmi 1989 that looks very clean and well cared for Red with Black Interior. then there is a 1992, 135K mi, Red with two tone Grey ( ? ) interior, nice but not as clean as the '89. It needs a little seat re-stitching and in the future the hood repainted.
    I like the interior colors of the 92 better and guess it has some upgrades that were not available in '89. They are asking $750 less for the '92.

Looks like the '92 spent more time outside where as the '89 spent most of it's time garages. Last 8 years stored but has been fully gone through with new battery, oil changes, etc. It's transmission was replaced about 10k mi. ago with a GM rebuilt unit.

I am torn between the two.. Let's hear recommendations from you that have experience with these years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

D Yaros is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1955 CDV, 1992 Allante, 1962 Olds 88 Conv

Re: Hello from Colorado

I have sent you a PM re: '92 Allante. Hope you can/will retrieve it.

Tried to send a second msg and attempt aborted with error report that you mailbox is now full?

Dave, I have received your message and have responded to it. For some reason the site will only allow two messages to be in the "in Box"

mikel912 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 93 montana blue Allante

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Pilot View Post
    Just got around to sitting down at my computer to do additional research on the Allante, for there are two that interest me in the Colorado area.

Being new to the forum it is best that I introduce myself.

Screen name is "Mountain Pilot" for I do live in the mountains and I have been a pilot for 47 years... But really I am Richard Cutter living in a little farm town of Monte Vista in the far southern/central part of Colorado and at 7,600 ft. We are in a large valley surrounded by 13 to 14,000 ft mountains.
    I do have many cars but this being a Cadillac Forum I will stick with that. A 1985 Eldorado that was my Fathers sits in the driveway and getting a complete make over, also the search is on for an Allante.

I have two choices right now, both have only seen in photos for they are 230 miles away, a nice 110Kmi 1989 that looks very clean and well cared for Red with Black Interior. then there is a 1992, 135K mi, Red with two tone Grey ( ? ) interior, nice but not as clean as the '89. It needs a little seat re-stitching and in the future the hood repainted.
    I like the interior colors of the 92 better and guess it has some upgrades that were not available in '89. They are asking $750 less for the '92.

Looks like the '92 spent more time outside where as the '89 spent most of it's time garages. Last 8 years stored but has been fully gone through with new battery, oil changes, etc. It's transmission was replaced about 10k mi. ago with a GM rebuilt unit.

I am torn between the two.. Let's hear recommendations from you that have experience with these years.

Hi Mountain Pilot. You did not mention color preferrance. I favor the phase II cars over the phase I cars, although the 89 is the best of the phase I. If it is close at all go for the 92, Air bag, tonnou cover much better, overall every year got a little better.

Hello...

Still looking. (prefer red but white or dark grey would be Ok)

The '92 has a few too many negatives, Both seats lower cushions have the stitching coming undone ( too much sun or never had proper leather conditioner used.) Hood clear coat peeling, Brakes only holding one application after engine shut-down but no warning lights ( accumulator bad? )

The '89 advertiser has not responded to my inquiry, but another came up, Again a '89 with 92K, ( seen in photos only ) dark grey exterior and dark grey interior, Over all body in good condition but the clear coat on hood and trunk getting poor. Again seat stitching failing on the driver side, leather Ok ( so he says ) Both tops, New Tires ( $98 specials ) and new brakes ( do not know how complete of a job done ) Says brake system works well (until I see it ??) He is 200 miles away ( should I go and see it this weekend????)

Photos Here: http://s39.photobucket.com/user/High...nte%20-%20Grey

Asking $3900 but probably could get it for about $3,100 -

Another is a '93 - asking $2,300 but needs front bumper replaced - bottom part below main bumper is torn - hit something. 150K mi on speedo. Two small dents on driver side front fender and driver side door, Was a Palm Springs Car its life until a year ago, always garaged. White with two tone tan interior. Have just seen advertisement photos and have not talked to the owner.

Please give me some ideas... and Guidance...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.