Any Other Automotive Oddballs? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
The Cadillac Allante Lounge Discussion, Any Other Automotive Oddballs? in Cadillac Allante Forum; It's a 2,5 liter, 4 cylinder engine with 54K original miles, that has gone through a complete frame up restoration. ...
    babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar

Re: Any Other Automotive Oddballs?

It's a 2,5 liter, 4 cylinder engine with 54K original miles, that has gone through a complete frame up restoration. It was also featured in "Cold Case" Episode #6 in November 2008.

It has custom built 1955 Chrysler Windsor genuine wire wheels in a FWD application (15X6 Front and 15X7 Rear) wrapped in Cadillac Vogue Tires... Custom Medium Rose Metallic Pearl paint job, Bentley Desert Maroon nagahyde top material, complete interior restoration, made from an original 1989 velour factory interior bolt, including a custom made full Front Bench Sheepskin Cover, new glass, rubber, weatherstripping, etc.

It originally had 100HP and has had a complete short block, reprogrammed ECU, Dual Core Radiator, 180 degree thermostat, High Pressure Radiator Cap, Blue Streak Spark Plug Wires and Coil, Optima Red Top Battery, polished and ported the heads, three-angle valve job, back-cut the valves, replaced the valve guides and reseated them with new seals, hotter coil with a wider plug gap, ported the exhaust manifold, K&N high flow drop-in air filter, and it now produces a little over 150HP at the crank, and around 136HP at the wheels.

Chief

prospyder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Silver STS V6, 1990 Red Allante

I've always been a fan of the K-car and it's variants. Chief, yours is definately one-of-a-kind. I'll bet it goes like a striped cat! Those wire wheels are gorgeous.
    It's interesting that my recently purchased 1990 Allante episode began with a clapped-out 84 LeBaron convertible (think of the Jon Voight car without the fake wood) that my 16-year-old son wanted to buy. Since we already had two cars -- an 07 STS and an 05 Jeep Liberty -- she didn't like the idea of us buying the LeBaron and having him driving an unreliable car (100,000 plus miles on the odometer) that was built to lower safety standards: no air bag, side impact, etc. She wanted him to drive the Jeep when he needs a car.
    So, she knew I've been looking to buy a hobby car and decided that I should get something "less relable" to tinker around with and I jumped on the opportunity to buy the Allante.
    Jim
    Webster Groves, MO

babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar

Smart move Jim! I've had my Allante for five years and my wife loves to ride in it, but you couldn't pay her to drive it. That's what you you call a "win-win" situation!!!

Chief

Mountain Pilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1985 Eldorado - Looking for an Allante

I know this is a old thread but thought it needs to be restarted...

How about the Delorean - John ran Cadillac then G/M then off to his own design.

I had one that I put a Northstar into it. Made a real car out of it. Fast, Fun and unique.

Was offered an insane price for it... So it went...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.