Allante Is Cash-for-Clunkers Eligible
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Cadillac Allante Lounge Discussion, Allante Is Cash-for-Clunkers Eligible in Cadillac Allante Forum; With a combined EPA figure of 16 MPG, I believe the Allante is eligible for the cash-for-clunkers program with a ...
    c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Allante Is Cash-for-Clunkers Eligible

With a combined EPA figure of 16 MPG, I believe the Allante is eligible for the cash-for-clunkers program with a $3500 or $4500 voucher if you scrap the car and buy a new vehicle that gets 4 or 10 MPG better average mileage. While I doubt many folks here are lining up to scrap their cars, there will likely be some. Is there any way to ensure that these traded cars get preserved for parts rather than just crushed?

Other thoughts on Allantes as clunkers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

00ElderadoETC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ETC

Re: Allante Is Cash-for-Clunkers Eligible

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    With a combined EPA figure of 16 MPG, I believe the Allante is eligible for the cash-for-clunkers program with a $3500 or $4500 voucher if you scrap the car and buy a new vehicle that gets 4 or 10 MPG better average mileage. While I doubt many folks here are lining up to scrap their cars, there will likely be some. Is there any way to ensure that these traded cars get preserved for parts rather than just crushed?

Other thoughts on Allantes as clunkers?
    Q: What does the dealer do with my trade-in?

A: Gives it to a salvage operator. The engine, transmission and some other parts must be destroyed so they can't be reused. The idea is to cull fuel-thirsty, polluting drivetrains. Operators can resell other parts, however

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...clunkers_N.htm

billc83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours

Let the Allante car and part hoarding begin...

The real sad thing is, $4,500 is a lot of money, and far exceeds the car's value for the average joe if it isn't running (or is running poorly). Why bother finding a buyer and dealing with lowballers, tire-kickers, et al. when there's a couple grand waiting for you to scrap it?

danstarley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Allante Phase I

I've got a fine-running '90 Phase I that I would rather sell to someone who will drive it, than to have it scrapped.

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

There are going to be a TON of old (desirable to the insane collector) cars scrapped due to this. Thanks Chmn. Maobama!!
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

MrEldo97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

The USA used to be a free country. Now we are the liberal Fascist States of America.
    I hope we all can survive this s**t storm until the Anointed One is voted out or otherwise removed from office.

babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar

This is our 12th recession since 'The Great Depression' and we have survived them all. This one will be no different, that's what America is all about. I would not have served two tours in Vietnam if I remotely thought any differently. 'Sacking up' is never a fun thing to do, but we still have do it.

So if you want to trade your 'pink slip' for 'Cash for Clunkers' car note, then it's still a free country! It's choice, not chance that determines your destiny.

Peace,

Chief

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Has anyone thought to inquire if any parts can be removed prior to a turn in. Headlight, taillights,grille are easy removals foe at least $1200-1500.

oscmuscle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Allante

Have 2 Allante's - a 91 and 92. One runs, the other doesn't. Was thinking about the Cash-for-Clunkers deal...only because both cars need so much work and cash to get back into "good running condition". Can't find buyer's for either of them. Was going to make 1 good running car out both.

inurok is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by oscmuscle View Post
    Have 2 Allante's - a 91 and 92. One runs, the other doesn't. Was thinking about the Cash-for-Clunkers deal...only because both cars need so much work and cash to get back into "good running condition". Can't find buyer's for either of them. Was going to make 1 good running car out both.

It has to be running and registered and insured within the last year too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.