The New Allante Website
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Cadillac Allante Lounge Discussion, The New Allante Website in Cadillac Allante Forum; Okay. So I see some talk about creating a more customized atmosphere for Allante enthusiasts. We can start here: http://www.cadillac-allante.com/ ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The New Allante Website

Okay. So I see some talk about creating a more customized atmosphere for Allante enthusiasts. We can start here:

http://www.cadillac-allante.com/

We can develop this page/site into whatever we like. I do believe I can even link to this forum and have a custom style so that it appears as it's own separate entity. However, people would still have the ability to visit the forum from the main area - which would have the same appearance as the rest of the site. In that scenario, the Allante area would serve two purposes - each customized through a separate entrance...

Let me know what you think...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Re: The New Allante Website

Will let those more knowledgeable than I comment on the how & what and thank you for the welcoming and supportive site you are going out of your way to improve upon.

Appreciate it!

Bill Coates

Thank you. I do hope others will chime in.. I wouldn't mind putting in the time if I receive the suggestions..
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Thank you. I do hope others will chime in.. I wouldn't mind putting in the time if I receive the suggestions..
    These are some of the things I envisioned:

- the ability to issue a TECHNICAL banner to the techs we recruit.

- an allantesource.com page .. I have already received full permission to do that from allantesource and it be invaluable to complete that task. they are the most dedicated and unselfish people I have ever met in the web.

- an Allante museum page so I can add each different car, probably colors only, but I think I will limit it to OEM stock all around cars, no after market wheels or repaints.

- an Allante document section for unique items like the owner booklets, top operational instructions, Allante specific procedures, etc.

- a section of Allante MODIFICATIONS, for which I have lots of material to contribute BUT not intermixed with the STOCK OEM section. These are two separate mentalities.

- I would like to also set up a live link listing of real Allante CLUBS across the planet. By that I mean the local clubs where the owners actually get together, have a beer, play pool, etc. I am NOT talking about the pseudo allante club set up to promote a retail store which I will NOT support - I only know of one such place.

so for now, that is my wish list ...

My responses are in bold...

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

This is no problem.

- an allantesource.com page .. I have already received full permission to do that from allantesource and it be invaluable to complete that task. they are the most dedicated and unselfish people I have ever met in the web.
    If you could provide me with the information, I will create an html page. Will that work?

- an Allante museum page so I can add each different car, probably colors only, but I think I will limit it to OEM stock all around cars, no after market wheels or repaints.
    I think this is possible with our "Photo Albums" system.

- an Allante document section for unique items like the owner booklets, top operational instructions, Allante specific procedures, etc.
    This could probably be done with posts, no? Maybe a new section in the Allante area?

- a section of Allante MODIFICATIONS, for which I have lots of material to contribute BUT not intermixed with the STOCK OEM section. These are two separate mentalities.
    Same as above. Would that work?

- I would like to also set up a live link listing of real Allante CLUBS across the planet. By that I mean the local clubs where the owners actually get together, have a beer, play pool, etc. I am NOT talking about the pseudo allante club set up to promote a retail store which I will NOT support - I only know of one such place.
    This can either be a separate html page or a post within this area. If not, please explain further...

my responses in underlined italics

what i envision is a "home page" with the topics below listed off the home page, including a real time FAQ MENU .. with links that would take us to a "Thumbs" page .. ie, clicking on the "museum" would take one to a page of thumbs displaying all the cars within the museum, then clicking on the chosen thumb for the given car.

ditto on thumbs for mods, FAQs, allantesource procedures, allante procedures, allante documents, clubs, etc ...
    maybe its asking too much ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    My responses are in bold...

This is no problem.
    done .. thanks

If you could provide me with the information, I will create an html page. Will that work?
    i think so .. what do you need?

I think this is possible with our "Photo Albums" system.
    not really .. will get back to you on this one

This could probably be done with posts, no? Maybe a new section in the Allante area?
    we got an Allante FAQ forum but .. .. will ahve to get back to you on this one

Same as above. Would that work?
    ditto on above

This can either be a separate html page or a post within this area. If not, please explain further...
    maybe the html, not a post

Is Christmas coming ?

Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

Is Christmas coming ?

I may be a little dense, but it seems to me that the new site is linked, if not a shortcut, for the existing site. Is it a replication?

cadmat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante.

I would absolutely love to see something with lots of easy to navigate sections with everything allante, For instance, I support another car site for a limited production, owners are fanatics, under appreciated car called Imperial.. the site is VERY easy to get around in , and we have nearly every Ad, manual, service advisory as well as anything else ever published for nearly every year the car war made.. all down-loadable for free ( to prevent copywrite infringment I think). Take a look and tell me if we can have something like this..
    I recommend starting at the "year by year" section first.
    It is at imperialclub dot com.

MAtt

my responses in underlined italics

what i envision is a "home page" with the topics below listed off the home page, including a real time FAQ MENU .. with links that would take us to a "Thumbs" page .. ie, clicking on the "museum" would take one to a page of thumbs displaying all the cars within the museum, then clicking on the chosen thumb for the given car.

ditto on thumbs for mods, FAQs, allantesource procedures, allante procedures, allante documents, clubs, etc ...
    maybe its asking too much ...

the imperial . com is not bad, but this is what I am talking about:

http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/

pay special attention to the 1988 & 1992 and also the little blue menu on top by year blocks.

I suppose that I am all for thumbs

hey, I like this quote .. anyone knows who created it?

"Allanté is for those fortunate few who can write their own rules."

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Is Christmas coming ?
    Zal wish you'd stop that. Christmas for you is top down to the beach for a little surfing. For me it's shoveling to the cave to see if the Allante is still under the car cover.

The site you reference is one of my favorites and would like something similar here.( Interesting that we have pricing for options but not the hardtop option pricing for factory installed. Still needed to close out the window sticker project.)

Quote Originally Posted by wcoates View Post
    Zal wish you'd stop that. Christmas for you is top down to the beach for a little surfing. For me it's shoveling to the cave to see if the Allante is still under the car cover.

The site you reference is one of my favorites and would like something similar here.( Interesting that we have pricing for options but not the hardtop option pricing for factory installed. Still needed to close out the window sticker project.)
    I cant help it. Summer can be too hot for the beach, then again all the French Riviera girls do come at that time, so I endure the heat.

I dont miss what you endure, having lived in Schenectady and Syracuse, but it makes me smile. The ice fishing was great, once and only once. hey, grunion run here was a few weeks ago, surf fishing is next weekend, and for the next few months, I guess its like the Beach Boys put it ... California Girls ... the French Riviera girls tend to go home.

damn life is tough around here .. gotta run, class in a couple hrs then lunch date.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LmxtcVklQc"]YouTube - Beach Boys California Girls[/ame]

Ieradi is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

the imperial . com is not bad, but this is what I am talking about:

http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/

pay special attention to the 1988 & 1992 and also the little blue menu on top by year blocks.

I suppose that I am all for thumbs

hey, I like this quote .. anyone knows who created it?

"Allanté is for those fortunate few who can write their own rules."

Both sites are very cool...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.