Where are all the Allante owners?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The Cadillac Allante Lounge Discussion, Where are all the Allante owners? in Cadillac Allante Forum; Are there any left? This area is dead......
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Where are all the Allante owners?

Are there any left? This area is dead...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Where are all the Allante owners?

Sal, it's summer up north and we're taking the opportunity to drive our cars with the tops down. Last night my wife suggested Dairy Queen for dessert. She didn't have to ask twice.

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    Sal, it's summer up north and we're taking the opportunity to drive our cars with the tops down. Last night my wife suggested Dairy Queen for dessert. She didn't have to ask twice.
    Good point.. Have you tried the new site features yet? Where's your Allante photo album?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

I noticed the album. Do you mean these features?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-suggestions/

[Yoda voice on] Busy you have been, yes? [Yoda voice off]

I noticed the album. Do you mean these features?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-suggestions/

[Yoda voice on] Busy you have been, yes? [Yoda voice off]
    Indeed, the features in there... Yes, been keeping very busy I have!

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Sal
    you bring up a good point. and point out a problem for the Allante ownership. We are getting old sorry to say. Zal and GARY did a wonderful job of putting this site together. While Zal bought a new car, GARY sold his. Some of the other older members have sold theirs (Say it ain't so Zinzin).. Jono and Dutch are recent contributing members who are bailing out after a very short term of ownership.

We have got to reach out to young guys with info on what a unique car this is. We owners have got to get into the Friday night cruises and get in the middle of the muscle cars and tell folks just what great fun pita cars we have. I'll get a facsimile window sticker to all that want one if they email me their colors and vin. stick it under the wipers for a great conversation starter. Keep the faith!

I think Pete Seeger adressed this topic long ago:

"Where have all the Allantes gone?
    Long time passing...
    When will they every learn?"

Would Allante owners put a classy looking sticker on their car that brings them here? Maybe we can setup CADILLAC-ALLANTE.COM to attract Allante owners and even setup some nice web pages with photos and information. I think this is what's needed to get younger people interested in this vehicle.. Any further thoughts?

Can you set up an Allante URL that maps just to the Allante forums here and allows them to post? Or, does a person have to be a member of cadillacforums.com to post to this forum?

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Once you register, you have access to the different forums here, including the Allante forum.

There are many reasons why these forums are slow .. but a couple stand out.

- the old crowd is fast bailing out as the price of the car plummets .. darn few from the old guard still have their cars. the newer buyers are dealing with a lot of sick Allantes and you see the results in ebay, part by part. Sadly, so many owners fell into the BS trap of "investment" pushed by the so called club .. well, when one buys an investment and it starts diving, the logical solution is to take your losses and walk .. so it is with that Allante mentality.
    the people that are hanging on to the cars think Allante = car = transportation - period.

- numerous owners have noticed that their MINT condition cars are no longer worth much .. but .. the mint condition parts still are.

- Where owners used to come and ask how to fix things, they are now often parting out the cars as the parts are much more valuable than the whole

- FUEL $$$ .. these puppies are not exactly hybrids and they dont do well with biofuel.

- one really interesting observation .. in the past, a good running car was never considered for parting .. now, they often are.

- the young crowd that Coates speaks of, will NOT buy these cars for various reasons, reliability, fuel consumption, peer pressure .. not now, not tomorrow.

Several people now own more than one, some even more - the outcome is that less owners are holding the Allante fleet at a time that the fleet is being reduced by parting at a rate of 4 to 5 cars a week .. at that rate, we still got a few more years before the fleet is trimmed down. PERSONALLY, I like to see Allante survivor fleet under 2,000 OPERATIONAL cars.
    the estimate was 8,000 cars left in 2002, from the original 21,000 cars.

Where is the Allante action these days ? here:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/__allante..._scZ1QQ_sopZ10

I been told that I am beating a dead horse numerous times, but for years, I been on target on predicting quantities and prices .. no change ...

just ask Coates what he paid for the 2nd Allante last week ...

All that said, if anyone must have one, there has never been a better time to buy one cheap, really cheap .. but let the buyer beware. I will be a very long time before the desire for the Allante comes back in large numbers. IMO, it is still on the way DOWN and the bottom is still very far.

as for me and Gary, summer hit .. computer'g is a winter sport whereas cruising is a summer sport.

ohh .. one last observation? more and more I am seeing guys buy two cars; one with to keep the top up for bad weather and one with top down for nice weather .. why do you think that is? try putting a top up and down sometime and find out.

This should help explain the phenomena !

WAS a 1992 in good running condition ...
    LOOK closely in the background, the next candidate awaits.

Attached Images

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Zal

as usual you are right on.

Only disagreement is for you and Gary there never is winter!

You described my situation, one for top never off and one for top never up. Zinzin was right, if top was right, they'd still be building these darn things.
    PITA cars to maintain but just got back from a 1200 mile week-end drive and this 4.5 ran as strong as I could possibly hope. Now electronics- another story! Anyone that wants a reasonable summer convertible should consider IMHO!

They are super cheap nowadays. Let's part 'em all out and get to 2000 running but it will never ever be an investment. Enjoy 'em for what they are!

Quote Originally Posted by wcoates View Post
    ... Anyone that wants a reasonable summer convertible should consider IMHO! ... Enjoy 'em for what they are!
    It's cheaper than a boat and I'm able to occasionally drive it to work.

Can you set up an Allante URL that maps just to the Allante forums here and allows them to post? Or, does a person have to be a member of cadillacforums.com to post to this forum?
    try this .. CLICK on this link and after getting there,
    save it in your FAVORITES or BOOKMARKS, whichever is applicable ..

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...allante-forum/

is that what you meant ?

oh .. dont forget the Allante FAQ and PUB sub-forums .. sub-forums just under the main Allante forum ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    ...is that what you meant ?

oh .. dont forget the Allante FAQ and PUB sub-forums .. sub-forums just under the main Allante forum ...
    Sal suggested setting up a URL of cadillac-allante.com and I wondered if a site like that could link directly to the Allante sub-forums here and exclude the other parts of cadillacforums.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.