Is this where the Old-guys of Allante Net hangout?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
The Cadillac Allante Lounge Discussion, Is this where the Old-guys of Allante Net hangout? in Cadillac Allante Forum; The gestapo like tactics on AllanteNet are getting worse. Is this where the old guys from that site have migrated? ...
    rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Is this where the Old-guys of Allante Net hangout?

The gestapo like tactics on AllanteNet are getting worse. Is this where the old guys from that site have migrated? Who is here?

Its hard to break away from AN but if this is where you are, I'm gone from there.

To see what's going on, you might want to read the last few posts in the OFF-TOPIC/Social Security thread and noticed another MOVED thread in that forum.

..rickko..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadmat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante.

Re: Is this where the Old-guys of Allante Net hangout?

I've been watching all that drama on that sight for days ( this time) and I just don't get it.. for nearly 2 years of paying dues all I get for my membership is a 8 page brochure for toms Allante store ( they call it the magazine) it comes a few times a year, and is always late. And 1 outing a year to some old race car picnic in coronado, a speed festival, old race cars I think.. not my cup o' tea. I'm an old passenger car buff, a luxury car buff, a 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80,s American Car buff, I drive an Allante for cryin' out loud.. why the hell would I give a crap about little foreign race cars? .. ok , I'm ranting.. didn't mean to jack your thread RiKKo, Yes, more and more of us are hangin' out here, although I tend to lurk more then contribute.. I read here daily.
    Matt

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Guys,

now you are starting to understand why Gary and I created the additional TWO Allante homes ...

TODAY, you DO HAVE A CHOICE, a choice that was not there a year ago. Everything on both Allante forums is available to everyone that comes, to visit or to set up residence. You want to contribute or not, you still get the same treatment.

As you see, Stealth is now EXILED .. I'm here, Gary is here, for each one that comes, others will follow.

Attached Images

jim e is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990.5 allante, 1990 allante

Rickko, you are correct!
    I really don't like the administration over yonder, watching every word scrutinizing, to the point where you feel you can't post your feelings without getting banned to exile! And now not letting nonmembers start a post! That is rediculous, the administration there should grow up and get a life! I have not posted much there in a while and I would like to post this on that site, but what do you think would happen? It really is a sad state of affairs over yonder, and I have been a member there longer than most, since 1993, when all there was , was a small newsletter every other month. It was a great site to go to, but sad that it has been run down!!

G.A.R.Y. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 allante black

Rickko, this is one of the places where we can play. Free of tyrants and clicks. I hold the record over there of being banned 5 times. If your are not part of the don/glen click and you oppose anything they say you are a gone.

They seem to be qoing private and we all agree that they should. That way only those who want to have their intelligence insulted can remain.

Still a few good guys over there that I miss hangin with. Wish them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.R.Y. View Post
    Rickko, this is one of the places where we can play. Free of tyrants and clicks. I hold the record over there of being banned 5 times. If your are not part of the don/glen click and you oppose anything they say you are a gone.

They seem to be qoing private and we all agree that they should. That way only those who want to have their intelligence insulted can remain.

Still a few good guys over there that I miss hangin with. Wish them the best.
    EXCUSE ME ?

that is only cuz mine wasnt "banned" but exiled .. a pure technicality
    three times in just 48 hrs.
    1. TBD Exiled
    2 MEMBER Exiled
    3 VIP Exiled

and that doesnt include the password lock outs twice and
    once the deleting of Col Kurtz.

rickko is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '97 STS, '06 DTS Performance, '04 Vette

Geez,

I can't believe we are all THAT bad!

My brother took me for a ride in his new car yesterday. You could buy 30-50 Allantes for what it cost him! He use to own Allantes. Maybe there's hope for all of us, haha!

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

I am currently on 3 web sites, all regarding Cadillacs. I very seldom look at the off topic forums mainly because either I need help with a repair or can offer help to someone else. Of the 3 sites, this one seems the most intelligent consistantly regarding the Allante. I'm not Allante only in my searches, I also own an 84 Eldorado. My backround is working at a Cadillac franchise in the service dept when both my Eldorado and Allante were introduced. Welcome aboard, look forward to your expertise! and yes, this is the old mans forum, 60 yrs old.

G.A.R.Y. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 allante black

Bill, the purpose of three allante sites is obvious. You have a good chance out of three of finding one or more that you like to hang in. All the allante info (thanks to Zal, Rickko. Dick, etc) is on all 3 sites. I for one certainly appreciate your expertise in the older caddy's on the 2 non aca/an sites.
    Good to have you aboard.

Rickko, your brother is doing well. If you can afford the car, you can afford the gas. I know I know you have made out well in oil stocks to offset the rising price of fuel, but that baby has got to get less the 10mpg? She is a beauty though.

Zal, you were not exiled 3 times, Glen and Don just couldn't figure out how to classify you. But then.................no comment.

You have a long way to go to be a FIVE TIME BANNED dues paying member, who was there long before any of the CLICK owned an allante.

There still are a few of the good guys I miss bantering with, hopefully they will join us in one or both of the 2 other allante homes.

Speaking of gas, I have boat fever now, and now is the time to buy. I just have to find the right one to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by G.A.R.Y. View Post
    Bill, the purpose of three allante sites is obvious. You have a good chance out of three of finding one or more that you like to hang in. All the allante info (thanks to Zal, Rickko. Dick, etc) is on all 3 sites. I for one certainly appreciate your expertise in the older caddy's on the 2 non aca/an sites.
    Good to have you aboard.

Rickko, your brother is doing well. If you can afford the car, you can afford the gas. I know I know you have made out well in oil stocks to offset the rising price of fuel, but that baby has got to get less the 10mpg? She is a beauty though.

Zal, you were not exiled 3 times, Glen and Don just couldn't figure out how to classify you. But then.................no comment.

You have a long way to go to be a FIVE TIME BANNED dues paying member, who was there long before any of the CLICK owned an allante.

There still are a few of the good guys I miss bantering with, hopefully they will join us in one or both of the 2 other allante homes.

Speaking of gas, I have boat fever now, and now is the time to buy. I just have to find the right one to steal.

One of the benefits of having nothing to lose is not having to deal with the fear of losing something.
    They forget one other thing .. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    very interesting I would say ...

An Allante boat?

I like this one:

30' Campion LX 025i Allante
    * Year: 2004
    * Current Price: US$ 118,000
    * Located In New Glasgow, NS
    * Hull Material: Fiberglass
    * Engine/Fuel Type: Twin Gas/Petrol

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1854645/0

but this one also looks good ...

Campion Allante 200
    The Campion Allante 200 is a nice cuddy cabin for coastal cruising or fishing.
    She cruises around 30 knots with her top at 35.

Propulsion
    Engine Mercruiser 175hp

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by rickko View Post
    Geez,

I can't believe we are all THAT bad!

My brother took me for a ride in his new car yesterday. You could buy 30-50 Allantes for what it cost him! He use to own Allantes. Maybe there's hope for all of us, haha!

That's my dream car... The Rolls Royce Phantom.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Sal,

dreaming ? ? ? ?

=================

guys,

I been off line since the 20th .. long story .. but now i am with another ISP.

i came back on line sometime on Tues ..

in that period o time, the site over yonder tried to sell pyramid schemes , snake juice , and the ADM got nominated "D U M B A S S" for buying in ebay instead of the owner's store ...

now .. ready for this?

when the club came down on their case for such scummy behavior, the ADM turned around and blamed me ... if i can yield such power when all my computers are off line for two weeks, I may change my screen name to Lord Stealth.

just think what i can do when the computers are on line.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.