The Allante Lounge - Almost anything goes forum. This forum is brought to you by the Allante crowd.
Five simple rules -
These rules worked nicely in other Allante forums until the "suits" marched in.
One may suggest that no suits come here wearing the suits. Please make our jobs easier, we really prefer to not moderate. If everyone abides by these, then no MODERATING will be needed.
1. No porn or porn like activity. Showing a pic of anyone in a swimsuit reaching under the swim suit is a violation of “porn like” and so are the infamous “camel toe” pictures. :crying2:
2. No vulgarity, no name-calling, no racial slurs to anyone and no sexual innuendos to the girls (or ladies if such a term is preferred). :canttalk:
3. No illegal activity as defined per any State of the Union or the Feds. :tisk:
We don’t care so much about the UN, France, or other “global test" law countries.
4. Dont violate the general rules of the site. Take a couple of hours to read them. :thehand: :banghead:
5. There are no ranks here. ANY MODERATOR that comes by and posts here in the Allante Lounge, is rank-less, just like any other member, and must abide by the same rules. That includes this writer. :annoyed:
Forum Description ...
:stirpot: :mob: :stirpot:
- There are no requirements of owning an Allante. IF you know what one looks like you pass.
Know that Allante owners can be wild cats. A vast majority of die-hard Allante owners are also into scooters and/or Vettes and/or various muscle cars and/or hot rod modifications.
Maybe that helps in understanding the mind set of the crowd that we expect here.
- If you like to cruise into this forum and don’t have a thick skin, grow one .. really fast ! . . . . . . . Remember the wild cats ?
- Complaints that don’t fit the 5 rules will be IGNORED; in fact, expect to be scolded for wasting our time.
We don’t have things like personal attacks here - PLEASE READ this line again.
* if you dish it out, you better take it;
* if you play, then by all means, play;
* if you post in this lounge, you are playing;
* Crisscrossing the various Allante web-sites with opinions, is OK by us.
* We, the Allante Crowd, share opinions across the internet.
* We jump around between this "S" site, the "A" site and the no "S" site.
* Trolls and spammers .. dont, please don't!
- If you like to behave frisky and a bit wild, this may well be for you. If not, then walk very softly or don’t
even watch. “You have the power to turn the channel”, use it.
We buried this lounge in the deep back side of Allante land for a good reason.
We like to be far removed from "touchy-feely, political correctness" traffic.
- Don’t come over to take a peek and then go out crying about things you dont like.
Remember the “You have the power to turn the channel” and get away from the "wild cats" ? ? ?
Wild cats do scratch !
- If you like to express criticism of anyone, including a MODERATOR that comes posting
into this forum, go for it - ranks are left outside and are of no value here. Do it within
the 5 rules & you will be just fine - visiting MODERATORS must have double thick skins.
- Criticism of ADMs, don’t even think about it. :thehand:
- Criticism of other MODERATORS that do not visit & post here, dont. :thehand:
. . . . Remember the site's General Rules?
- We don’t need to issue prior warnings of violations of the 5 rules, we may vaporize violations at will. :killer:
- Who are the resident MODERATORS ? You are it.
Please dont make us moderate.
- oh, one last thing/warning? Unlike other lounges in the site, you can also discuss/argue about non-technical Allantes stuff here but be advised that if you belittle our beloved Allantes cars, expect to get scratched.
- finally, one last last last thing? If you think we dont behave grown up enough, your thinking is already too old to be here. REMEMBER the [B]“You have the power to turn the channel” ? The "A" site over yonder does welcome grumpy old men.
- last but not least, come and take a look at the rules here once in a while. I sort of like to "improve" them a bit as we go along.
"Improved on July 13, 2008"
07-13-08, 02:11 PM
Re: Allante lounge
ohhh .. one more thing.
If you think your Allante is a collectible, we want to hear it.