Allante
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Allante in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello Everyone, I'm a newbie and have a general question about Allantes. I considering purchasing one, but would like a ...
    cjung is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Allante

Hello Everyone, I'm a newbie and have a general question about Allantes. I considering purchasing one, but would like a few opinions on what would be a good year to buy. The 93 (with the Northstar) would be nice, but maybe too pricey. I thought that the 91 or 92 would be the overall best choice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cmjung@infowest.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    The key is to find one that was meticulously maintained. If its not, they can cause problems. I have heard that the brakes can cause nightmares, but if they were rebuilt then shouldnt be a problem. Allantenorth* will chime in with some great info!

DeVillish is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    if you have the cash, get the N*, just somthing about a 2 seater caddy convt with 300hp that gets me going. Although the 200hp 4.5 isnt a slow engine either

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante
    Hello and welcome cjung,

You would get opinions either way from different Allante owners. Just get one that suits you and your price range. I prefer the Northstar over the 4.1L or the 4.5L, but you would get arguements for those powerplants from other owners. Non Northstars have the Bose Sound System and Recarros along with the brake issues. Northstars got 300HP and I think a better suspension, but crappy Delco Stereos. C/D players in all Allantes are prone to have problems, and Bose speaker amps will most likely need rebuilt.

Lets move over to the Allante section and I will try to help you with your questions.

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    allante north...how many miles on your toy?

I got it about two years ago with 41,000 and its right at 55,000 now. Just getting her where I want her. New Caddy STS seven spokes and tires on the way thanks to the SANDMAN, and I'll be ready for Bristol and Thunder Valley.

wow, what are you doing with the orig. chromies?

Good question, I am so excited about getting the seven spokes that I haven't thought about it much. The garage is getting kinda full so I may sell them. Let me know if your interested or I will post them FS on this site or Ebay if I decide to sell.

cjung,

Have you narrowed the field down to a specific year model yet? There are some nice ones on Ebay now. There are some nice ones on the AAG website for sale last time I looked also. Aa cherry Non Northstar will fetch as much as a Northstar Allante if thats what your interested in. Plese feel free to contact me and I will help you in your search

cjung is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks Everyone for all your help. By the way it sounds, just about any Allante in good shape would fit the bill. There are quite a few out there for sale, which helps. I think that I'm leaning towards 90 and above. I'll keep you posted. Again, Thanks Much

Hey Al (North)....have you considered keeping the original wheels just in case you want to make your car stock again 20-30 yrs down the road? It could pay huge dividends!

Excellant idea, but I'm not a purist. I have already modified the exhaust that is not reversable. The Allante came with a single exhaust cut out and split pipe. I did what the factory should have done and made it dual exhaust with a matching exhaust cut out done by my Cadillac Dealer.

If I ever decide to sell her, the buyer will get it like it is and he/she can do what they want with it. I do not plan to sell unless someone wants to trade an XLR for it. Then I would consider letting her go, but I would have to think about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.