Allante 1993, worth more in parts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Allante 1993, worth more in parts? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Question, Do you think this is a good time to 'part out' a perfectly good (not excellent) 1993 Allante? Seems ...
    4buyers is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Allante 1993, worth more in parts?

Question, Do you think this is a good time to 'part out' a perfectly good (not excellent) 1993 Allante?
    Seems like it's worth enough more that way to justify paying a kid to wrench it ,while I bag and tag it... (103kmi., maroon, zerorust SOCAL car)

: Question2, where do you think I would get best prices? ebay or what/where? ETA end of summer to bury remains.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

gschott is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '93 Allante

Re: Allante 1993, worth more in parts?

I think parting it out depends on how much you want to get out of the car. If you can sell it as is and get what you want, just sell it and avoid all the left over parts in the garage. You may be able to get more by parting it out, but remember, a lot of the '93 parts are only good on the '93's and '93 had the fewest cars built, so your market for parts is narrowed. If you had an earlier model you have a larger number of buyers needing parts. I think it's always better to keep a running car in circulation and allow future buyers the chance to restore or repair, but it's your call and good luck. Oh, probably ebay would get you the most responses.
    Geo.

txdave is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Allante, 1998 Eldorado ETC

Part out a repairable 1993? Blasphemy!

Actually I am a newly converted admirer of the Allante and I think it is a shame to part out a running in fair shape 93. You did not say what if any problems it has other that over 100,000 miles.
    Lot's of owners are driving 150-200,000 mile Allantes daily and that is the best way to retire them, run'em till they drop or preserve early in saran wrap and let the belts/hoses, etc rot while in a museum or garage. The parts are actually not worth nearly what they will be in 5 - 10 years anyway. When you start to see new parts such a headlights/marker lamps go extinct and start selling on ebay for 500.00 + it will be harder to justify for some, selling whole instead of parting out.
    I say sell it to some-one who wishes to drive it and save yourself the hassle of licensing the dis-assembly and hassle of parting out.

Allantesource is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The issue with parting an Allante' out is that a lot of parts probably won't be wanted by anyone, unless you practically give them away. Doors and trunk lids are usually a very slow sell. eBay prices are usually too low, unless you happen to get lucky and find a couple people who are desperate at the same time. We are seeing 300k mile Allante's now, not just 200k. One even made it to 439k. That one got totalled when hit from behind by a pickup truck traveling at 50 MPH. The Allante' was stopped at a traffic light. Up until that moment, it was being driven 50k miles per year.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

how much do you want to get for the whole car????
    willing to trade????
    IM VERY INTERESTED!!!!

wcoates is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Red Allante,

Quote Originally Posted by Allantesource View Post
    The issue with parting an Allante' out is that a lot of parts probably won't be wanted by anyone, unless you practically give them away. Doors and trunk lids are usually a very slow sell. eBay prices are usually too low, unless you happen to get lucky and find a couple people who are desperate at the same time. We are seeing 300k mile Allante's now, not just 200k. One even made it to 439k. .
    Dick as usual is right about everything Allante. My nightmare of a second Allante is getting close to being over. Purchase price of $2700+ 800 shipping from California - shipping co damage =$3000 outlay.

Currenly have recovered $4400 (excel spread sheet when finished with the project will be available to anybody continplating a part out) through ebay sales. Sheet metal remains as does the engine and tranny and all upholstered interior pieces. A set of Arelli Stylist wheels on virtually new Michelins were a $450 award on ebay but a no pay. Well I'll get to walk away with the original investment and will send excess funds to Dick for a rebuilt ABS system.

Still thinking of stripping the engine and letting the block go to the scrap yard. (your thoughts). Tranny -pull or scrap????

Fun? Oh the first day. Learn=heck yea! Taking a wrench to it is only part of the hard work! Tag it, box it, ship it, is one _ _ _ _ of a lot of work. Soon each of us will own three Allantes-one to drive and 2 for parts!

Call me if you need anything!

babylac89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Allante-Northstar

Which one are you driving, and which one is your parts car?

Chief

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.