What's the truth about '93 Allante Seats?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, What's the truth about '93 Allante Seats? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I see a friendly comment noting '93 Eldo and '93 Allante seats are one and the same. I have seen ...
    skizeegee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What's the truth about '93 Allante Seats?

I see a friendly comment noting '93 Eldo and '93 Allante seats are one and the same. I have seen this before in other points yet the styling is not the same.
    Are they bolt in matches with modest styling differences or is it just not true?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: What's the truth about '93 Allante Seats?

Quote Originally Posted by skizeegee
    I see a friendly comment noting '93 Eldo and '93 Allante seats are one and the same. I have seen this before in other points yet the styling is not the same.
    Are they bolt in matches with modest styling differences or is it just not true?
    Its true. Don't know if they are bolt in replacements, but I think so. They aren't the Recaros from the 87-92 Allante.

Wonderful, You do not know if they bolt match and the styling is completely different but they are the same as the Eldo.

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Not only were the part numbers for the adjusters completely different between the cars, there was a first and second design on the '93 Eldorado adjusters. It doesn't tell what any of the differences were, so it may just be pot luck that they fit.

Thank you El Dobro for at least one informed response.

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Wonderful, You do not know if they bolt match and the styling is completely different but they are the same as the Eldo.
    I told you all I knew. I KNOW they aren't Reccaros, and that they are the Eldo seats. That's all I know, and its TRUE. Next time I see a request by you I'll refrain from responding, let you figure it out for yourself.

Allantesource is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

1993 Allante' seats are not the same as the Eldorado seats. There is no lumbar in the Eldorado seats, and no seat memory. Even if they are a bolt in, which I suspect they are, they will not be a plug in.

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

Thank you El Dobro for at least one informed response.

Nice....the guy tries to help you and tells you what he knows, sure mabye you already knew that info, but its not like he said anything offensive or rude, he gave you information whether or not it was of use to you is a different matter, however both your responses were both rude and offensive, nice way to start off on this site, not to mention a good strategy for life, your lucky im not a mod on this site because with that attitude coming from somone with 7 (less at that time actually) I would have not only trashed this question, but you would have been banned for sometime.

Have a nice day.

Catera V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2001 catera

The 93 Allante seats were made by GM not Recaro as noted but were not Eldorado. They were developed specificaly for the Allante in terms of comfort and support. I was the Allante development engineer at the time.

rickyc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '93 Allante Green bought new

Can we get an update to the question? I was told the '93 seats are the same as the Seville seats.

TIA - Rick

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.