Radio or Power Windows?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Radio or Power Windows? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is this weird or what? I just bought a 1987 Allante, and the radio was not working, not even powering ...
    robc133 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Radio or Power Windows?

Is this weird or what? I just bought a 1987 Allante, and the radio was not working, not even powering up. I checked the fuse panel and noticed that Fuse#9 was out of the panel. I put a 15 amp fuse in and the radio worked, BUT the power windows no longer worked. I pulled out the fuse and the power windows worked. Any thoughts on what could be causing this and what I can do so that I can get Power Windows and Radio both working without playing pick and chose with the fuses? Also could anyone tell me which fuse controls the convertible top pulldown motor? My pulldown motor isn't working and I wanted to start troubleshooting with the simplest think first. If anyone has a suggestion on pulldown motor repair, I'm all ears Thanks, Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bob Rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Radio or Power Windows?

The best investment you can make is to purchase a Factory Service Manual. helminc.com is one source. There are manuals that show up on EBAY, but a lot of them are aftermarket or have missing information. Even if you don't do your own repairs, having inside knowlege of you Allante will put you in a better position to know what is really wrong.

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

Damn thats a strange one man

jackl1956 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Allante

I have a subscription to alldata from Autozone. For the 1990 alldata has pretty good wiring diagrams. Can't comment on the 1987. The subscription is about $25 per year..........at least when I bought it. Probably not as good as a factory service manual, but its on my computer.

After a cursory inspection of the 1990 wiring schematics I was unable to find anything in common between the power windows and the radio. So now you've raised my curiosity.

Allantesource is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The only commonality I can think of is in the RAP circuit- retained accessory power- after the key has been shut off before the door is opened. Both power windows and radio would take power from that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.