Bcm
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Bcm in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; All right 'yall. New to Allante, and first post, so if I'm asking a dumb question, bear with me. Have ...
    Skid Rowe is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bcm

All right 'yall. New to Allante, and first post, so if I'm asking a dumb question, bear with me.

Have a 1990 Allante. The back lights in the dash don't work. All instruments work fine, the radio works, and the driver's information center works. I just can't see the buttons on the dashboard at night. The Cadillac shop says I need a BCM. What does the BCM do, and what does it have to do with the dash lights? If it's any help, the lights on the driver's door switches work, but not on the passenger side door.

One other question: Is a cell phone in the console a particullarly rare option?

Thanks in advance from a newbie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Re: Bcm

Hello Skid Rowe and welcome!!!

Take a look at D-I-C-K (Richard?) Hussey's web site, click on the digital dash button on the left side of the page. I think it will answer most of your questions. weanie is an Allante Legend and can either fix your problem, or suggest a solution.

http://www.allantesource.com/

Welcome to the sight again. I may be in Raleigh over the next few days. Last year when I went to NC State for a conference I drove my Allante. I may take the truck this year unless the forecast gets better.

Don

ckucia is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Allante North *
    Hello Skid Rowe and welcome!!!

Take a look at weanie Hussey's web site, click on the digital dash button on the left side of the page. I think it will answer most of your questions. weanie is an Allante Legend and can either fix your problem, or suggest a solution.

http://www.allantesource.com/

Welcome to the sight again. I may be in Raleigh over the next few days. Last year when I went to NC State for a conference I drove my Allante. I may take the truck this year unless the forecast gets better.

Don
    LOL. His first name is D-i-c-k Hussey (without the hyphens). Looks like the board finds his first name offensive and translates it to "weanie".

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Be aware that the CPS is not Allante specific. They are in 88 and 89 Eldo's and Sevilles. Just make sure you get the updated part number one. The phone was the only option offered if I recall. Don't know how rare tho. My 88 has the phone option, but no phone. Wecome aboard!

turgutalp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Arrow Re: Bcm

Hi, I am new to allante also, and got ripped of by the dealer already for the very same problem, When I saw your question I decided to become a member and help you to not lose your $2000,

to solve the problem just look on top of the dash right under the windshield you will see a sensor, its under cover so its a little hard to see, just find that sensor, and unplug it then start your car, all the dash lights will be on, after that, go order a twilight sensor for any cadillac, they all fit and just place it in there, at night time they will come on them selves and go off them selves. cost is $17 dollars or less, dont change anything else. I am so sure of that.

I hope that will work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.