1989 Allante Battery Location
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 1989 Allante Battery Location in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all, A friend purchased a '89 Allante and I want to help him replace the battery. The only problem ...
    ayrton is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 1989 Allante Battery Location

Hi all,

A friend purchased a '89 Allante and I want to help him replace the battery. The only problem is finding it. If anyone could help out giving us the battery location, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ayrton

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Question 1989 Allante Battery Location

Hi all,

Could anyone help out giving me the battery location in a '89 Allante.

Thanks in advance,

ayrton

ipncjh1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Vsport Platnium

Re: 1989 Allante Battery Location

Search of the web shows it is behind the right front passenger seat under a panel. Let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by ipncjh1
    Search of the web shows it is behind the right front passenger seat under a panel. Let us know!
    Thanks for the help. Your web search was better than mine.

I will advise.

Thanks,

ayrton

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: !989 Allante Battery Location

Behind the passenger seat, on the shelf, there's a speaker enclosure. Turn on the radio and listen, you'll hear the speaker. You have to slide that panel forward carefully because the speaker wires are right there. When you have it released, disconnect the speaker. There's the battery. Make sure you use a battery that has the same vents so you can comnnect the vent hoses that direct the gases under the car. Also, you friend should keep an eve out on eBay for a factory service manual. They're priceless when it comes to the Allante.

Thumbs up Re: !989 Allante Battery Location

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

ayrton

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

I own an '88 Allante, the battery is just behind the passenger seat. power the right seat forward, look at the carpeted panel thats vertical behind the seat. Mine has a key lock access, not sure if an '89 is the same. Unlock the panel if necc. pull forward towards the seat back. Viola! theres the battery. If you are replacing it, I would recommend a Delco only that has the external vent hose attachment provision. hope this helps, Bill.

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Re: !989 Allante Battery Location

Welcome to CadillacForums ayrton!

I am glad you found us, and I hope you friend with the Allante joins us as well. I think you will get much from this site, and we will try to help in any way we can with Allante questions and Cadillacs in general. Let us know if you need any other info on the Allante. I have several years experience with them and if I don't know the answer I can sure point you in the right direction.

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Thumbs up any Allante Battery Location, misc manual pulls, GEL battery

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton
    Hi all,
    Could anyone help out giving me the battery location in a '89 Allante.
    Thanks in advance,

ayrton
    all unmodified Allantés have the battery behind the passenger seat .. to pull the panel, use your trunk key to unlock and then simply pulll the panel forward .. not sideways .. be carefull to wash the area qucikly with baking soda, and if any got spilled on carpet, sprinkle baking soda and shampoo the area, ASAP, within 5 minutes .. highly recommend a towel to cover the carpet while pulling battery ...

as a side issue, there is a similar panel behind the driver side, and there you will find the EMERGENCY / manual fuel door release ... something to know just in case the power switch fails .. btw, the BOSE speakers are inside these panels ...

if you are not familiar with the other manual releases, top, trunk, top boot, compartment separator, park brake, etc ... drop me a line .. you should know where they all are .. another one that gets many in trouble is the parking brake manual release, if the auto-release fails, you are stuck unless u can find the manual release .. know them all .. and no , there is NO seat ejection ...

as to the battery, GEL batteries are what many of us are switching to .. NO acid spill or leaks or fumes ... lasts only 3 - 4 years as compared to 6 yrs for the Delco liquid units, but it is worth not having acid issues back there .. the Delco have a LONGGGGGGGG history of leakage and damage not only to the tray, but to carpeting, upholstery, etc .. GEL - several brands and all work well ...

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by ayrton
    Hi all,

A friend purchased a '89 Allante and I want to help him replace the battery. The only problem is finding it. If anyone could help out giving us the battery location, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ayrton
    seems to be an ECHO thread ...
    wht the heck, here is my echo response:

all unmodified Allantés have the battery behind the passenger seat .. to pull the panel, use your trunk key to unlock and then simply pulll the panel forward .. not sideways .. be carefull to wash the area qucikly with baking soda, and if any got spilled on carpet, sprinkle baking soda and shampoo the area, ASAP, within 5 minutes .. highly recommend a towel to cover the carpet while pulling battery ...

as a side issue, there is a similar panel behind the driver side, and there you will find the EMERGENCY / manual fuel door release ... something to know just in case the power switch fails .. btw, the BOSE speakers are inside these panels ...

if you are not familiar with the other manual releases, top, trunk, top boot, compartment separator, park brake, etc ... drop me a line .. you should know where they all are .. another one that gets many in trouble is the parking brake manual release, if the auto-release fails, you are stuck unless u can find the manual release .. know them all .. and no , there is NO seat ejection ...

as to the battery, GEL batteries are what many of us are switching to .. NO acid spill or leaks or fumes ... lasts only 3 - 4 years as compared to 6 yrs for the Delco liquid units, but it is worth not having acid issues back there .. the Delco have a LONGGGGGGGG history of leakage and damage not only to the tray, but to carpeting, upholstery, etc .. GEL - several brands and all work well ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.