Car doesn't start. Help! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Car doesn't start. Help! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; second time for me battery and all is fine the ignition tumbler or whatever that shit is calle wher you ...
    doophey is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Car doesn't start. Help!

second time for me battery and all is fine the ignition tumbler or whatever that shit is calle wher you put the key has two wires very thin i might add with age and wear the fray and crack every time you turn the key the wires move along with it. mine snapped and i put it back on no problems i adjusted the tilt wheel yesterday and the damn thing cut again .

Kcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 Tripple Black Allante, RIP 98 catera

If i was you i would buy some 4 or so gauge wire, and run it from the ground on the starter (obvioulsy be sure its the ground) to a clean un painted part of the chasis (or branch it off into multiple spots) I know this wont cause problems on most cars electrical systems im used to, i would wait for an allante genius (thats your que Mr. Hussey) to confirm these cars are the same, as their electrical systems scare me a little.

Anyway that would take a little while in making up the wiring, soldering a large guage wire, etc. Get good wire it will cost more but it will be worth it, it may fix this up for you if its a weak ground.

Sorry if this post didnt make so much sense im in the middle of watching the George Mason vs FL game and will re-explain what i mean later if it doesnt.

Thanks

pizanaj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks everyone. Is there any GOOD Cadillac service Depts. in south Texas?? I'm tired of having this car acting like this... Please help.

There I go again...

I took to someone else, they said it could be bad ground. If this is the case how much should they charge? I don't wanna get reamed with a high bill. Any suggestions?

Guys...

The second Cadillac dealer stated it was the starter that it is acting up. So I'm getting it replaced. Let's see if that works...

Bob Rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

If your "$400.00 ACDelco" starter is less than a year old, and it is indeed bad, it is under warranty.

Ok guys. The other cadillac dealer couldn't help. they said it was the starter, but it is not. Now, the original guys who I took the car too says it's between the ignition and the "neutral switch" (I think). does anyone have any info on that? Please help. I can buy the parts, but I want to research it more. Thanks...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.