1992 Allante Rear Strut Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 1992 Allante Rear Strut Replacement in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Recently purchased 1992 Allante - Rear struts are bad. Am having difficulty getting OEM replacement (electric). Only thing I have ...
    Flash0921 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

1992 Allante Rear Strut Replacement

Recently purchased 1992 Allante - Rear struts are bad. Am having difficulty getting OEM replacement (electric). Only thing I have been able to find is Munro aftermarket type. Questions: Can the original electric be replaced by gas/oil struts without the electric interface and if so does it punch a suspension code or notice on the dash. Your support and knowledge would be appreciated...... Thanks............Dale

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

smumfor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Allante / 90 Allante

Re: 1992 Allante Rear Strut Replacement

I replaced all 4 of mine about a year ago and It rides and handles great.. Dick Hussey ( AllanteSource.com ) sent me the information on how to turn off the DIC message

kiwigram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I replaced the rear struts on my 90.5 a few years ago with the SunCore Pneumatic leveling. I never received any codes and they did a great job for me. I then replaced the front struts with SunCore replacement units. They included a resistor that wires in to the strut sensor to compensate for the SDD. However, they didn't work so I had to adjust the computer to cancel the DIC message.

Flash0921 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Allante

Is the resistor supplied for the rear and is it easy to install so you don't have any dash messages? Also, when the resistor didn't work for the front, what did you do to remove the message?
    The funny thing is that my struts are bad (hitting bottom all of the time), but I don't have any codes or messages showing..

kiwigram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The resistors are supplied for the fronts only. On the rear, I just taped the wires out of the way and never had any message to indicate non-functioning. As for the front, I went to Dick Hussey's web site and followed his directions on how to adjust the BCM to eliminate the message.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.