Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Need info on 89 Fuel Injectors correct OHM range readings

Allanteguy89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadillac Allante

Question Need info on 89 Fuel Injectors correct OHM range readings

I need to check the injectors of my 89 Allante. A friend of mine knows how to do the procedure and has an OHM meter, but I need to know what the proper range is for a functioning injector vs. a bad or defective one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Navion01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1989 Allante

Re: Need info on 89 Fuel Injectors correct OHM range readings

Hi! Can't tell you what the ohm range is for your injectors, but I can tell you that your DIC will test them individually and tell you which ones are good or bad. I can also
    tell you how I resolved my injector issue in my 89. I put Ford High performance Mustang Injectors in Part # M-9593-AA302. Available from American muscle and other
    suppliers. You want the 24# injectors not the 30# units. They increased my performance and mileage and a set of 8 was under $200. Good Luck!

----------

Hi! Can't tell you what the ohm range is for your injectors, but I can tell you that your DIC will test them individually and tell you which ones are good or bad. I can also
    tell you how I resolved my injector issue in my 89. I put Ford High performance Mustang Injectors in Part # M-9593-AA302. Available from American muscle and other
    suppliers. You want the 24# injectors not the 30# units. They increased my performance and mileage and a set of 8 was under $200. Good Luck!

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1999 BMW 740 Il. 2005 Jag XK8, 1988 Mercedes Benz 300 SE

Re: Need info on 89 Fuel Injectors correct OHM range readings

AS mentioned in the above post, each injector can be tested thru the DIC simply by pushing the correct buttons. I presume you dont have the factory service manual?