hey carnut!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, hey carnut!!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can you tell me how to disconnect the quick disconnect fuel lines closest to the intake manifold, I've been looking ...
    gewans is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

hey carnut!!!!

Can you tell me how to disconnect the quick disconnect fuel lines closest to the intake manifold, I've been looking at them
    for two days and still haven't figured them out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: hey carnut!!!!

Sorry, I dont recall? I no longer have my service manual. Most quick disconnect lines require a tool to spread a collar on the line. Maybe someone here can be of more help. You might repost with a different title. "how do I remove this fuel line"

kiwigram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I don't quite understand which lines you are talking about. There is the fuel supply line from the tank with a regular brass fitting, and the return line fastened in with two torx screws. Then there are the supply and return lines between the fuel rails. To remove these will require the removal of the fuel rails. These remove as a complete unit along with the fuel injectors. I guess that these are the ones you are talking about?

As it turns out, I ended up cutting the plastic lines below the supposed quick disconnect fittings and they will be replaced by
    repair lines from an auto parts store, seems I'm not the only one who couldn't get the quick disconnect fittings to disconnect.
    Auto designers should be assigned to the repair of this crap that they design to see how poorly it works in reality. Five days
    screwing with these lines only to figure out that they won't disconnect as designed, what a waste of time. I'm beginning to
    understand that the northstar in this model was rushed into production with little thought of the ability to make necessary
    repairs. No wonder GM is losing it's ass with this kind of design and the current massive recalls of more current models.

kiwigram is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Please, members. State what year car your's is. Makes life easier on us who try to help.

This is beyond a doubt the most poorly engineered car I have ever worked on! Knowing now what I've learned I would never
    try to remove the engine from the top side and to do engine repairs that are necessary due to GM's poor longevity testing of
    their product. This is the second time I have experienced the inability of GM to produce a quality engineered product,
    (remember Cadillac diesels, I do) had one of them also. If you think I'm inexperienced and just whining you have never worked on one. I love this car but I don't recommend it to anyone. Just another JOKE OF A PRODUCT FROM GM!!!!!!!!!

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Another case of incomplete profile info! We have no idea what he owns, ( maybe a 93 Allante?) what area of the world he lives in! The moderators should make the listing of the year and type of car a required entry to join.

93 allante, I'm sure an owner of a 93 who's removed a motor from one of these recognized what I was talking about.
    Those that have not lifted a northstar out of this model don't have a clue to the amount of disassembly and the degree
    of effort required to fix Cadillac screw ups, no wonder so many have been junked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.