Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Cold it be a Vacuum line?

smumfor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Allante / 90 Allante

Cold it be a Vacuum line?

So over the last couple of weeks my RED 90 has been running worse and worse ..rough idle etc.
    I also noticed that it has not been shifting right it has been slow and it clunks a bit.
    I did have a problem with the injectors but after 4 fill ups and injector cleaner it seems to be fine now with no tell tale speedometer bounce.
    I made an appointment with my mechanic friend to replace the plugs and tune it up.
    SO last night I went out to pick up a movie and I turned the corner at the light and It took the longest time to up-shift and acceleration was pretty bad then suddenly it really started to run bad and stalled at the next light.
    It stalled 5 more times ..4 in the Wall-Greens parking lot. I took the back way home ..slowly and steadily running rough but steady.
    So I'm thinking what would affect the engine and the transmission? Vacuum Line ?

Any thoughts?

Scott

Last edited by Submariner409; 08-12-14 at 09:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1999 BMW 740 Il. 2005 Jag XK8, 1988 Mercedes Benz 300 SE

Re: Cold it be a Vacuum line?

No, a vacuum leak will cause a high idle on a fuel injected engine. I would remove one plug wire at a time to isolate the affected cylinder. You most likely have a bad wire or injector.