got to the track
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, got to the track in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I ran 14.6 at 95.3 mph in the quarter. This is all stock with traction controll on and in OD. ...
    Ryan34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

got to the track

I ran 14.6 at 95.3 mph in the quarter. This is all stock with traction controll on and in OD. Only got one run in though, it was so packed. Next time, i'm gonna dissable the Traction Control (prolly disconect that sensor on the brake hub) and run in 3.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante

Re: got to the track

Nice run! Try using about 1/4-1/2 tank fuel. Disable TC and launch in 2nd for firmer shifts. I usually launch in 1st, but 2nd seems to give firmer 1-2 shift. You may also want to try to adjust air pressure in your front tires.

I think you may be near the coast and I hope the air was good.

Good Luck

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan34
    I ran 14.6 at 95.3 mph in the quarter. This is all stock with traction controll on and in OD. Only got one run in though, it was so packed. Next time, i'm gonna dissable the Traction Control (prolly disconect that sensor on the brake hub) and run in 3.
    Nice run, now I know about what mine will do

Bob Rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Why would disabling traction control improve ET on a car with an open differential?

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Allante North *
    Nice run! Try using about 1/4-1/2 tank fuel. Disable TC and launch in 2nd for firmer shifts. I usually launch in 1st, but 2nd seems to give firmer 1-2 shift. You may also want to try to adjust air pressure in your front tires.

Good Luck
    What kind of times are you seeing? Is that K&N a stock application or did you have to modifiy it from a different year/model??

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rich
    Why would disabling traction control improve ET on a car with an open differential?
    Because when the traction controll kicks on, it applies the brakes and disables up to 4 fuel injectors(according to the manual). And since i would expect only minor wheel spin, it would be more beneficial to turn it off.

That run was with just a K&N drop in filter, completely stock other then that.

Quote Originally Posted by Allante North *

Good Luck
    So I'll have to shift into 3rd manually?

Bob Rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

RYAN34:

Actually, the Traction Control only applies the brakes under conditions where softening the timing and cutting off random injectors does not bring wheelspeed under control. This probably would not happen on a stock Allante on dry pavement. Do you have timeslips comparing ETs on runs where the Traction Control state was the only change?

No i don't, thats why was going to do it next time. Just to see if theres a differnece. I did here a "thump" right when i launched, could that have been the TC?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.