Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Ryan34 
#1 ·
I ran 14.6 at 95.3 mph in the quarter. This is all stock with traction controll on and in OD. Only got one run in though, it was so packed. Next time, i'm gonna dissable the Traction Control (prolly disconect that sensor on the brake hub) and run in 3.

#2 ·
Nice run! Try using about 1/4-1/2 tank fuel. Disable TC and launch in 2nd for firmer shifts. I usually launch in 1st, but 2nd seems to give firmer 1-2 shift. You may also want to try to adjust air pressure in your front tires.

I think you may be near the coast and I hope the air was good.

Good Luck

#3 ·
Ryan34 said:
I ran 14.6 at 95.3 mph in the quarter. This is all stock with traction controll on and in OD. Only got one run in though, it was so packed. Next time, i'm gonna dissable the Traction Control (prolly disconect that sensor on the brake hub) and run in 3.
Nice run, now I know about what mine will do ;)

#5 ·
Allante North * said:
Nice run! Try using about 1/4-1/2 tank fuel. Disable TC and launch in 2nd for firmer shifts. I usually launch in 1st, but 2nd seems to give firmer 1-2 shift. You may also want to try to adjust air pressure in your front tires.

Good Luck
What kind of times are you seeing? Is that K&N a stock application or did you have to modifiy it from a different year/model??

#6 ·
Bob Rich said:
Why would disabling traction control improve ET on a car with an open differential?
Because when the traction controll kicks on, it applies the brakes and disables up to 4 fuel injectors(according to the manual). And since i would expect only minor wheel spin, it would be more beneficial to turn it off.

That run was with just a K&N drop in filter, completely stock other then that.

#7 ·
Allante North * said:

Good Luck
So I'll have to shift into 3rd manually?

#8 ·
RYAN34:

Actually, the Traction Control only applies the brakes under conditions where softening the timing and cutting off random injectors does not bring wheelspeed under control. This probably would not happen on a stock Allante on dry pavement. Do you have timeslips comparing ETs on runs where the Traction Control state was the only change?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.