Replacement Battery - 93
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, Replacement Battery - 93 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My battery is DEAD, beyond repair. Guess that is not uncommon after 13 years. However, I cannot seem to find ...
    FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Exclamation Replacement Battery - 93

My battery is DEAD, beyond repair. Guess that is not uncommon after 13 years. However, I cannot seem to find anyone that either has a replacement in stock or can order one.

The local parts store just says come in and we will match it but they don't seem to comprehend that it has the side vents for the vent tubes.

The AC Delco battery that was removed is 78-7yr (770A), and anyone that can tell me where to get a replacement, particularly around Orlando would be super!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bob Rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Replacement Battery - 93

The correct battery IS the ACDelco 78-7YR. They are available from all GM Dealers. However, some are reasonable with the price, some are real a**holes, so call around. Also, you can check ACDelco.com and use their "nearest distributor" feature.
    The vent system does not come with the battery, but fits properly on the 78-7YR. If any part of the vent system is damaged or suspect, the whole assembly is still available new, as is the correct polyethelyne tray underneath the battery. Let me know if you need part numbers.

FSU_Noles is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 93 Allante, 06 CTS

Re: Replacement Battery - 93

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Rich
    The correct battery IS the ACDelco 78-7YR. They are available from all GM Dealers. However, some are reasonable with the price, some are real a**holes, so call around. Also, you can check ACDelco.com and use their "nearest distributor" feature.
    The vent system does not come with the battery, but fits properly on the 78-7YR. If any part of the vent system is damaged or suspect, the whole assembly is still available new, as is the correct polyethelyne tray underneath the battery. Let me know if you need part numbers.

Thanks Bob, all of my tubes and trays are in good shape, really appreciate the assist on the battery, I will be calling around Monday to see if anyone has one.

thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.