OH the brakes!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, OH the brakes! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I bought a second Allante back in February and have been working on it as time permits. The Car only ...
    smumfor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Allante / 90 Allante

OH the brakes!

I bought a second Allante back in February and have been working on it as time permits.
    The Car only has 38,000 original miles and the body and Interior are in great shape. It has all the common problems with the Brakes and the Bose Amps etc.
    Well one of the front Calipers was sticking ..and Leaking so I replaced both fronts. I also Discovered that the Right rear is leaking so This coming weekend I will replace the rear Calipers. Problem is the front calipers seem to be sticking and the brakes are getting very hot ???? Last night when I got home they were going ..PING PING , Click Click and I could hardly touch the wheel it was so hot... Middle of the night.. I am awake thinking about it and.... Traction Control!
    The 90's had traction control that would keep pressure on the front brakes to keep me from a skid...
    So This morning I disconnected it and We will see what happens.

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: OH the brakes!

You have a restricted brake hose. One or both front hoses at the caliper wont let the fluid return to the master cylinder. Traction control keeps you from spinning a tire on rapid acceleration. ABS keeps you from skidding on maximum brake application. A car with this low mileage never got the 2 year brake fluid flush. Common issue with garage queens!

smumfor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 89 Allante / 90 Allante

Re: OH the brakes!

You are right... I forgot about that.... I just went over and ordered 2 new front lines and I can pick them up at 2:30 today.

Thanks!
    Scott

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.