ABS disabled, Traction disabled???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, ABS disabled, Traction disabled??? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just changed my brakes, now i have a warning on my center counsel saying my ABS and Traction has ...
    Ryan34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ABS disabled, Traction disabled???

I just changed my brakes, now i have a warning on my center counsel saying my ABS and Traction has been disabled. Anyone know anything about that? Its not a huge problem, but i would like to fix it my self if its possible. Plus it doesn't let me use any of my features i.e. avg. fuel economy and such. Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mastertech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: ABS disabled, Traction disabled???

You probably knocked a connector off of one of your wheel speed sensors ( on the back of the hub).... check that first!

Bob Rich is offline Cadillac Owners Member

When those messages are displayed, trouble codes are set. Read them out and let us know what they are.

Allantesource is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There is a lot of information on our website at www.allantesource.com about troubleshooting the Bosch 3 ABS system. Click on the "ABS Info" heading on the left menu.

P023, P025, P056, P083, S011, S016, S021, S026, S044, S055 all history

T033 current

I know its a lot. But I'm assuming that the history ones are no longer active?

Eldyfig is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)

T033 ...RR Wheel Speed Sensor Continuity Fault

There you go. Check that rear right wheel. If the connector looks connected, disconnect and reconnect it to make sure.

YEAH!!! Its fixed, just needed to plug in the sensor. I guess i knocked it loose when i changed the brake pads. Thanks for the help.

stevenhou is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just bought a '95 Eldorado TC 92K miles Friday from I guy I work with and it had the Traction Disabled message set and code T033. He told me he had changed the brakes not long ago and couldn't remember how to make the message go away. I tried resetting the codes and was just about to disconnect the battery, when I came across this post. I found the plug on the right disconnected but couldn't see where it plugged into so, I went to the left side and found that one disconnected, too.(is there no code for the left side?) I saw where it plugged in connected it and the right one, too. Now all is well! I thought when I bought it that it felt funny taking off because it seemed to slip but after reading this and other posts, I now know that 1st is disabled when this message is set. Thanks for the help. Steve

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.