1989 Allante no air coming out of vents
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Allante Forum Discussion, 1989 Allante no air coming out of vents in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 1989 Allante with absolutely no air coming out of the vents. The blower motors works and I ...
    briggs70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Eldorado, 1989 Allante

1989 Allante no air coming out of vents

I have a 1989 Allante with absolutely no air coming out of the vents. The blower motors works and I can hear it running and I can feel a very little air coming from the top vent by the windshield, but other than that nothing else. Even if I position the Air Selector to the bottom I get no air. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I could start looking for whats causing this issue.

Thanks in advanced!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: 1989 Allante no air coming out of vents

First place to check is the vacuum supply hose from the engine to the firewall on the passenger side. If that's there, then pull out the glove box insert and confirm the blend door rod moves on the programmer. This is the silver rod thats threaded and attaches to the arm on the top of the programmer. With the car running, switch the climate display from 60 degrees to 90. Within a few seconds you should see this rod move slowly and smoothly from closing the blend door to fully opening it. If it barely moves or does not move at all, you need a programmer. Did this just happen recently? Was it working fine, say, 2 days ago and now doesnt?

briggs70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 Eldorado, 1989 Allante

No it has never worked for the three years I've had the car. Thanks for the suggestions I will follow your tips
    Thanks

carnut is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Do you have the factory service manual? Because you own an Allante, it's very important.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.